• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't she lose the second dragon because she didn't follow advice?
Yes. But if she had ignored their advice from the beginning, and use all three to drop the Red Keep, she would have won without suffering a single loss.

Reactions: gob

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they should have gone with a different option. Like her going for the Red Keep only, but still starting a wildfire chain reaction that destroyed the whole city. And the Starks and rest of the lords still hold her responsible for the destruction.

I don't think her meandering through the city lighting up people indiscriminately was in character for what we've seen. It could have been, with time. But we weren't there.

IMHO it was in character. She gave Cersei a choice, same as when she did Samwell's dad and brother.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What advice did she not follow with the 2nd dragon?

I think he's talking about Sansa's advice...which is ridiculous once you strip away the layers of that concept.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point they're probably going to go with a "Jon gets dracarys'ed and survives" moment. People will eat that sh*t up. Either that or the dragon refuses to dracarys him...One or the other.

Yeah. That makes sense.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO it was in character. She gave Cersei a choice, same as when she did Samwell's dad and brother.
It would have been in character for her to go straight to destroy the Red Keep.

The rest wasn't. I understood what happened with the Tarly's. It made sense, and they were given a choice.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, and take time to heal before going to fight.

I thought that was Sansa saying she wanted her people to take time and rest (which was simply BS).

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been telegraphing Dany snapping for while so why should anyone be surprised. She said as much. "I don't have love here, just fear" After Jon refused her, there was nothing left to stop her.

It seems crazy given her ability to do the right thing in the past but clearly with 1 episode left this was the way it was going to end for her.

Victorious and dead in the final episode
or Victorious and bad ass crazy.

"Every time a Targareyen is born the God flip a coin".

We've seen 6 Targaryens in the series (2 in flashbacks). Rhaegar, Aemon, and Jon/Aegon are all good. The mad king Aries and his son Viserys both went crazy. It makes sense that Daenerys would also go crazy making it 50% of the Targeryens that appeared on the show going crazy.

Although it might seem a bit rushed how it went down this episode, they've been setting this up for a while. She no longer has Jorah or Selmy to talk her out of this type of thing. Grey Worm was never really one to give advice but he wasn't in the most rational state of mind himself. She's been getting annoyed with Tyrion's advice. We also have to keep in mind Missandei's last word. I doubt she meant for Daenerys to burn innocents but she basically told Daenerys to burn these fuckers to the ground.

Reactions: gob

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Viserion was doing it to The Wall, too.

It has force behind it, yeah. It's hot enough to turn a man and his armor to ash in seconds.

I'd say Drogon suffered from 'endless supply of ammo' trope, though.

Yeah, seems like they can't run out of fire

I mean, I think it would be finite to some extent

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking, yes. It was shocking. But it didn't make sense. She had a clear shot to the Red Keep. That's where her hate led her. That's where she should have gone. She had no reason to flame the open streets of the city. But she started there, and only got to the Keep about halfway through her rampage.

I fundamentally disagree. It seems clear that Dany has no problem roasting people that she thinks are complicit in evil. She's probably killed more people than anyone else in the show. If she has come to the conclusion that only fear will work for her then she's likely rationalized mass murder.

Here's a scenario that would have worked: She knocks down the entire red keep. Cersei and Jaime try to escape, but they get in the same kind of scenario and die like happened. Dany wins! She lands at the foot of the rubble, and is in front of a mass of civilians. She wants her Mhysa moment again, finally getting love from the people that she freed from the shackles of the tyranny of the Lannisters. But instead, the people revolt against her, throw things at her, scream things at her. They start hurting Drogon. Her smile turns to crying, then anger, and she orders Drogon to roast some of them. They keep attacking, and she goes batshit on them all, and starts going off on the city.

THAT, I would understand. That I would accept. The way it happened didn't make sense.

And if that happens, Tyrion and Jon accept her actions as being ruthless but necessary. No way does Job revolt against her in that scenario given his own actions to mete out justice.

I honestly can't think of a scenario in which Dany does something that turns Job against her that doesn't involve her doing some unconscionably bad.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy sh*t dude...I'm in tears right now. I just read there's actual people that named their kid(s) "Daenerys" or "Khaleesi."

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
already happened, bruh

thanks for your help

D6ac1FpW0AAlDHx
You are most welcome. I figured with your subscription to Sling you may not have seen it yet

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was Victarion in the books. Euron in the books was a cleric. They chose to eliminate the Euron the Cleric character and turn Victarion into Euron. Probably for the simply reason that Euron is 2 syllables.

But, yes, he was ridiculous in the books.

Mea culpa that I was confusing Aeron and Euron. But the rest is still accurate regarding Victarion.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fundamentally disagree. It seems clear that Dany has no problem roasting people that she thinks are complicit in evil. She's probably killed more people than anyone else in the show. If she has come to the conclusion that only fear will work for her then she's likely rationalized mass murder.

And if that happens, Tyrion and Jon accept her actions as being ruthless but necessary. No way does Job revolt against her in that scenario given his own actions to mete out justice.

I honestly can't think of a scenario in which Dany does something that turns Job against her that doesn't involve her doing some unconscionably bad.
I would say continuing a rampage beyond the group of people within the keep walls who were attacking her would be the unconscionably bad acts that should turn Jon against her.

Or maybe starting trials and executions of all the Lannister forces and their allies. Perhaps signalling that she intends to march on the North to ensure her control of the region and execute Sansa for insurrection.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say continuing a rampage beyond the group of people within the keep walls who were attacking her would be the unconscionably bad acts that should turn Jon against her.

Or maybe starting trials and executions of all the Lannister forces and their allies. Perhaps signalling that she intends to march on the North to ensure her control of the region and execute Sansa for insurrection.

Yes, set that up in first half of final episode and after she's burned few innocents and former allies and sets out to winterfell to burn it to ground, Snow shivs hers