• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. that was a leap and one i don't understand what drove that much insanity. it is a big FU to jon/aegon targaryen and i guess sets up the battle between the Dany and Sansa.

there are still several obvious ways to go. and a bunch more very crazy ways too.

1) a battle between the north and the south. one winner takes all. don't know how the north kills off a dragon though.

2) a truce born from a union between a stark and a targaryen. the obvious is jon/dany.

3) the night king is dead, but what about the children of the forest? a truce could piss off the CotF who create another night king (aegon or bran maybe?) who returns to the north to awaken when the time is right, another 1000 years or so from now.

there is still much to get done in one episode.

If only there were someone powerful enough to get inside the dragon's mind.....

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If so and so would have listened" can probably be used to explain most every dumb f*cking move a character has made in this show.
Well, it's hard to say that advice was stupid when the advice wasn't taken in the first place.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HBO and Martin wanted 3 more seasons and were willing to throw the checkbook at them to continue.

There was time to develop her character evolution properly.

Sure. But they chose not to do that.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's hard to say that advice was stupid when the advice wasn't taken in the first place.

Goddamn...I gotta give it to Dinklage...People will fight to the end for his dumbass character. A+ actor.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is fantasy and all, but that doesn't mean they can just make their own rules as they go
It wasn't just a flame shooting out. It was like a jet engine of combustible energy.

Drogon has significantly stronger force, and outwardly projecting destructive force.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victarion was a whole other character that never showed up in the show.

Euron in the books was over the top too. He had ships full of mutes, a full set of Valryan steel armor and a horn that supposedly could control dragons that he got from travelling through Valryia, which nobody in their right mind would do.

He drinks hallucinogenic drugs so much that his lips were stained blue, and he lashes pregnant women and wizards to the bow of his boats.

He was fucking nuts, and a superhuman threat. But in the show he was distilled down to evil Jack Sparrow.

That was Victarion in the books. Euron in the books was a cleric. They chose to eliminate the Euron the Cleric character and turn Victarion into Euron. Probably for the simply reason that Euron is 2 syllables.

But, yes, he was ridiculous in the books.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. But they chose not to do that.
Then they should have gone with a different option. Like her going for the Red Keep only, but still starting a wildfire chain reaction that destroyed the whole city. And the Starks and rest of the lords still hold her responsible for the destruction.

I don't think her meandering through the city lighting up people indiscriminately was in character for what we've seen. It could have been, with time. But we weren't there.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goddamn...I gotta give it to Dinklage...People will fight to the end for his dumbass character. A+ actor.
I'm not "fighting" for him. I just think that the advice was solid. It could be his fault for not seeing that she had turned already, I suppose.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty clear that the bulk of the $$$ spent on this season went to Drogon burning KL down.
Which meant less Ghost, less AoD, less AoD giants, less everything else.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dany kills Jon for his "betrayal" last week (and for rejecting her)

and then Arya kills Dany in vengeance for Jon
This is how I see it playing out as well. Sansa takes the throne and divides the Kingdom to be ruled by a counsel so no one person holds all the power.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was Victarion in the books. Euron in the books was a cleric. They chose to eliminate the Euron the Cleric character and turn Victarion into Euron. Probably for the simply reason that Euron is 2 syllables.

But, yes, he was ridiculous in the books.
Euron was the Crow's Eye. He has a black eye (as in the pupil) he keeps covered with a patch. He is crazy, drinks Shade of the Evening, has a ship of mutes (he rips out their tongues).

Victarion also is a reaver, has a dusky woman, has grayscale on one arm. Constantly frets over what Euron is doing. He's a saner Euron.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they should have gone with a different option. Like her going for the Red Keep only, but still starting a wildfire chain reaction that destroyed the whole city. And the Starks and rest of the lords still hold her responsible for the destruction.

The whole point is that they needed her to do something indefensible. It was something that was a murky choice then Tyrion and Jon would likely stick with her. This causes Jon to be all torn up and conflicted, which is what he does best.

I don't think her meandering through the city lighting up people indiscriminately was in character for what we've seen. It could have been, with time. But we weren't there.

I think that this show was never going to show that sort of metamorphosis because it wanted it to be more shocking. As it is, it was pretty much expected for a lot of people at least since she torched the Tarly's.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final episode:

Tyrion walks into Dany's court.

"Tyrion Lannister, you are charged with the crime of releasing your brother, a prisoner of the crown. You have been found guilty and your sentence is death."

"I demand a trial by combat."

*Game of thrones fans ooh and ahh. "Tyrion does it again!!!"*

"Very well then. I choose Drogon as my champion and the trial begins....now. Dracarys."

*Game of thrones fans start to weep* "But...but...he's so smart! So...so smart...How can he die when he's so smart?!?"

Honestly, if this doesn't happen, I will be disappointed. Dude has to die in trial by combat...He's had it coming since season 1.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dany had been taking advice all along. If she hadn't, she would still most likely have all 3 dragons, most of her army, most of her advisors and the Iron Throne (which she would have had a long time ago).

I'm not defending Dany, but enough was enough.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dany had been taking advice all along. If she hadn't, she would still most likely have all 3 dragons, most of her army, most of her advisors and the Iron Throne (which she would have had a long time ago).

I'm not defending Dany, but enough was enough.
Didn't she lose the second dragon because she didn't follow advice?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Euron was the Crow's Eye. He has a black eye (as in the pupil) he keeps covered with a patch. He is crazy, drinks Shade of the Evening, has a ship of mutes (he rips out their tongues).

Victarion also is a reaver, has a dusky woman, has grayscale on one arm. Constantly frets over what Euron is doing. He's a saner Euron.

Victarion is the one wit the Dragon Horn and the fleet. Euron is a religious nut and the king but he's pretty irrelevant by Dance of Dragons.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole point is that they needed her to do something indefensible. It was something that was a murky choice then Tyrion and Jon would likely stick with her. This causes Jon to be all torn up and conflicted, which is what he does best.

I think that this show was never going to show that sort of metamorphosis because it wanted it to be more shocking. As it is, it was pretty much expected for a lot of people at least since she torched the Tarly's.

At this point they're probably going to go with a "Jon gets dracarys'ed and survives" moment. People will eat that sh*t up. Either that or the dragon refuses to dracarys him...One or the other.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shocking, yes. It was shocking. But it didn't make sense. She had a clear shot to the Red Keep. That's where her hate led her. That's where she should have gone. She had no reason to flame the open streets of the city. But she started there, and only got to the Keep about halfway through her rampage.

Here's a scenario that would have worked: She knocks down the entire red keep. Cersei and Jaime try to escape, but they get in the same kind of scenario and die like happened. Dany wins! She lands at the foot of the rubble, and is in front of a mass of civilians. She wants her Mhysa moment again, finally getting love from the people that she freed from the shackles of the tyranny of the Lannisters. But instead, the people revolt against her, throw things at her, scream things at her. They start hurting Drogon. Her smile turns to crying, then anger, and she orders Drogon to roast some of them. They keep attacking, and she goes batshit on them all, and starts going off on the city.

THAT, I would understand. That I would accept. The way it happened didn't make sense.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking, yes. It was shocking. But it didn't make sense. She had a clear shot to the Red Keep. That's where her hate led her. That's where she should have gone. She had no reason to flame the open streets of the city. But she started there, and only got to the Keep about halfway through her rampage.

Here's a scenario that would have worked: She knocks down the entire red keep. Cersei and Jaime try to escape, but they get in the same kind of scenario and die like happened. Dany wins! She lands at the foot of the rubble, and is in front of a mass of civilians. She wants her Mhysa moment again, finally getting love from the people that she freed from the shackles of the tyranny of the Lannisters. But instead, the people revolt against her, throw things at her, scream things at her. They start hurting Drogon. Her smile turns to crying, then anger, and she orders Drogon to roast some of them. They keep attacking, and she goes batshit on them all, and starts going off on the city.

THAT, I would understand. That I would accept. The way it happened didn't make sense.

Why kill the innocents and soldiers that surrendered and not just destroy Cersei and the Red Keep?

eaQvGdK.gif