• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just starting episode 2, and I don’t know how I feel about this intro. I was hoping for more of a remix and not just the exact same theme as GoT and the visuals were weird. Maybe it’ll make sense as the season goes on but the original it took you through all the locations that the show was set in, here it was just a bunch of gears and blood flowing.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pimping out a 12yo kid to a grown-ass man... medieval times were tough.

Very good episode... I love this slow pace allowing events to properly unfold.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just starting episode 2, and I don’t know how I feel about this intro. I was hoping for more of a remix and not just the exact same theme as GoT and the visuals were weird. Maybe it’ll make sense as the season goes on but the original it took you through all the locations that the show was set in, here it was just a bunch of gears and blood flowing.
I made almost this exact post on the “other” site.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That song just get the people going though. Even if the visuals seemed a bit wonky, the theme gets people pumped up.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That song just get the people going though. Even if the visuals seemed a bit wonky, the theme gets people pumped up.
I agree, it’s a great theme, I guess I thinking the remix one they played at the end of the first episode to be the new theme.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all saw who the king was going to pick coming from a mile away, it was predictable but I’m glad they didn’t go with the 12 year old girl option because that was just too skeevy.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd episode waaaaaaaaay better than the first.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the 14 yo kid was a much better choice.....

Wasn't Lady Hightower 15? That makes it completely different.

But seriously, the big difference are the actors involved, since the girl playing young Lady Hightower is 19 and looks the part of a young woman, not a kid. Still creppy af, but it's something that we still see irl.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But seriously, the big difference are the actors involved, since the girl playing young Lady Hightower is 19. Still creppy af, but it's something that we still watch irl.
I was just being a wisenheimer.

I think she's 14 in the books, but seems older in the show.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But seriously, the big difference are the actors involved, since the girl playing young Lady Hightower is 19 and looks the part of a young woman, not a kid. Still creppy af, but it's something that we still see irl.
I think there was a throw away comment pretty early in E2 that the princess was 15 after the time jump. I think we are suppose to assume the two girls are essentially the same age.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still hate GRRM and HBO for GOT. But I couldn't help myself. Really like this show. Which sucks because now I'll be crushed when they fuck it up.

TBF, GRRM didn't fuck GOT up. He wasn't involved in the final seasons when the show took a quality nosedive.

He gave them the general story, but GOT's overall story is not bad, but it was terrible in execution, with everything rushing to the end.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBF, GRRM didn't fuck GOT up. He wasn't involved in the final seasons when the show took a quality nosedive.

He gave them the general story, but GOT's overall story is not bad, but it was terrible in execution, with everything rushing to the end.
If his general story included Daenerys jumping character massively... then he shares some blame. His books haven't even fleshed out that character arch and that's something that would need to have started by now unless he has 2-3 more books planned.

But my general hate for GRRM has more to do with starting this series in 1997 and the near-decade between books wait. He's a lazy piece of shit. Fuck him. I hope his next shit is square.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love GRRM and this world he built…is building. People can complain about the Winds of Winter not blowing yet, but they haven’t built a masterpiece like this.
The screen comes calling, he’d be crazy to turn it down before he finished writing.
Fire and Blood became priority when the show passed his books.

If D&D didn’t bail on the show to reach for Star Wars, the last three and a half seasons (more so season 8) wouldn’t have been so uncharacteristically off of their arcs.

I just started the books. He broke the no-no of too many characters. Masterclass, IMO

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his general story included Daenerys jumping character massively... then he shares some blame. His books haven't even fleshed out that character arch and that's something that would need to have started by now unless he has 2-3 more books planned.

I see no problem with an overall story ending with Daenerys becoming a mad Queen. She's a Targaryen, daughter of a mad King, and even on earlier seasons she showed an inclination for tyranny. What was terrible was the execution in the show, it didn't make any sense how she became basically literal Hitler overnight.

Same with the white walkers and the battle of Winterfell, the destruction of several characters like Jamie, Tyrion and Varys; and many other terrible decisions made during the last couple of seasons of the show.