• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck the right off. They ended it like that? And those bastards film so slowly that it'll be another 2 years before season 3. Fuck all the way off
I agree

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe I never made this connection.....

200w.gif

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might have killed this show.

Momentum will be murdered with how long they take to film.

Having the entire season essentially be set up is truly horrific creative decision.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might have killed this show.

Momentum will be murdered with how long they take to film.

Having the entire season essentially be set up is truly horrific creative decision.
it depends on how long they are on hiatus

I will watch next season regardless...but with the way this season dragged it feels like this should be a halfway point kind of break more than anything else.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel seriously let down by this season, the drop in writing quality is very noticeable. Also, it seems like they cut the season from 10 episodes to 8, resulting in an uneven season with no real final episode, it was all buildup, and now season 3 will start with the episodes that should have ended season 2.

This season has:

1. Sidelined probably the most interesting character, Daemon.
2. Made every female character lame.
3. Made Aemond, another interesting character, one-dimensional.

It's feeling like season 5 and 6 from GoT. Still some good stuff, but a lot bad decisions and bad writing. It was still an enjoyable season and I'm still looking fw to Season 3 with the hope that it is a better season.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel seriously let down by this season, the drop in writing quality is very noticeable. Also, it seems like they cut the season from 10 episodes to 8, resulting in an uneven season with no real final episode, it was all buildup, and now season 3 will start with the episodes that should have ended season 2.

This season has:

1. Sidelined probably the most interesting character, Daemon.
2. Made every female character lame.
3. Made Aemond, another interesting character, one-dimensional.

It's feeling like season 5 and 6 from GoT. Still some good stuff, but a lot bad decisions and bad writing. It was still an enjoyable season and I'm still looking fw to Season 3 with the hope that it is a better season.

I thought the writing was fine, maybe even a step up from the previous season. The pacing is the issue though. The cut from 10 to 8 hurt it for sure. But even then, I think they could have accomplished more stuff in 8 episodes by consolidating some stuff of what we were given to give a proper season arc. I won't go into spoilers for those that haven't read it but the battle this is leading to absolutely should have happened this season. And the final shot of the season should have been a certain someone victorious.

But now that's gonna get pushed to the first couple episodes for season 3 for sure. And with what all is left, I feel like they are gonna be rushing things to get thru it all in 2 seasons. One of the claims why the pace is slow the first two seasons is for budgetary reasons. Well, with what's left, there's a TON of action sequences that could strain those budgets. Without a lot of consolidation and rushing thru things, its a little hard to see right now how they could pull it off successfully without it feeling like GOT S8.