• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #8 NE Patriots vs NY Jets Sunday 1:00 PM

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, Bill Belichick has lost a lot of respect amongst, media, fans AND opposing coaches.
"I" think he may be losing some respect of his own players. No one would ever say anything, but the on field performances seem to indicate that he's lost some of the fear that he instilled during the Brady era.

Two major things worked during 2000-2019. Every player wanted to play with Brady and possibly win jewelry. Every player was willing to suffer anything and everything to play for Bill. Brady is gone and Bill isn't the younger Bill.

Time marches on and things change.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, Bill Belichick has lost a lot of respect amongst, media, fans AND opposing coaches.
"I" think he may be losing some respect of his own players. No one would ever say anything, but the on field performances seem to indicate that he's lost some of the fear that he instilled during the Brady era.

Two major things worked during 2000-2019. Every player wanted to play with Brady and possibly win jewelry. Every player was willing to suffer anything and everything to play for Bill. Brady is gone and Bill isn't the younger Bill.

You'll flip this script if they blow out the Jets on Sunday.

BB didn't simply just turn into shit and while Brady may be the goat he didn't win all those games on his own.

It's possible that the constant turn over of coaches and personnel people has finally caught up and that's what we're seeing.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The last time Bill lost "everyone's respect" he moved "onto Cincinnati" while Tom Brady "continued off the cliff".

As far as ego goes, when asked about "Belichick and genius" being associated he said "I've seen Belichick and idiot too".

He's doing what he feels is best for the team and isn't asking for input, no different that the past 33 years which have seen him both fired and hoisting trophies.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll flip this script if they blow out the Jets on Sunday.

BB didn't simply just turn into shit and while Brady may be the goat he didn't win all those games on his own.

It's possible that the constant turn over of coaches and personnel people has finally caught up and that's what we're seeing.
If they do blow out the Jests it shows one thing for sure. There is no consistency with this team. I still feel a lot of this falls on BB as the head coach and of course the official team ravioli taster

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do blow out the Jests it shows one thing for sure. There is no consistency with this team. I still feel a lot of this falls on BB as the head coach and of course the official team ravioli taster

Our defense consistently gets smoked by running QB's.

That's consistent.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a handle on the Jets yet. Are they really?

They just beat the Packers. Packers are playing so poorly that the Packers coach just copied a speech that Slater gave to our locker room.
The Jets have had a really strange year.

For the 1st 3 games they didn't have their QB and for the last 4 their opponent has played their back up.

Cleveland basically gifted the Jets a game by making the most mistakes in the last 2 minutes of a game I have ever seen.

They laid the wood to the Packers and Dolphins but the O line is basically decimated at this point. They also lost Hall who looked like the real deal at RB. Carter is good too (2nd or 3rd rounder from last year) but not in Hall's league. Losing Vera-Tucker who has played great at tackle and guard is a disaster.

I also think the Jets are poorly coached (On offensive especially) and take way too many dumb penalties. I can see ole Hoodie taking advantage of poor coaching and giving Zach a huge headache. Zach has great mobility which may cause the Pats issues

Also not sure if Corey Davis will be back and he's made a bunch of big catches and then there's the Eilsha Moore fiasco. Not sure if he'll be playing

The Jets D seems to be for real and the kicking game has been damn good. Sauce Gardner is a beast and throwing in his direction should be avoided at all costs. The only catch there is DJ Reid has been real good as well on the other side.

I don't know who's going to win this one but I expect a close, low scoring game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said BB has turned into shit, not me. He hasn't turned into shit, he's not the same coach. There is a marked difference between 50 and 70 years old. Until you reach it, you'll never understand it.

From my own personal experience.

I'm near 73 years old. I constantly attempt to do the same physical things I did when I was 40 or 50 years old and immediately realize that I can't.
I believe that my mind is totally the same if not better. I constantly do math and other puzzles to exercise it. I can still add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers with excellent speed and correct results. I cannot follow written directions well at all. Trying to build a piece of simple furniture following seven pages of directions is a nightmare.

I think Bill still has all of the basic football methodologies and basic principles etched in his brain. His problem is that the game and the players have changed dramatically over the past ten years and he's bound and determined to continue to implement things the same way he did in 2006. He either refuses to accept the changes or he just can't because he doesn't quite understand them.

People may think his desire to catch Shula may be the driving force that keeps him where he is. Those same people ignore the fact that Don Sula coached for three quarters of his career with no salary cap and no free agency. If you had a great team or great players, you got to keep every one of them. Belichick, "I" believe wants to win one more ring and not have it attached to Tom Brady and that to me is force that's driving him forward. His problem is that he's getting old and just cannot change his ideas or methods.

If haven't reached your mid sixties, you have absolutely no idea what I'm even discussing, so don't try to tell me I'm wrong

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time Bill lost "everyone's respect" he moved "onto Cincinnati" while Tom Brady "continued off the cliff".

As far as ego goes, when asked about "Belichick and genius" being associated he said "I've seen Belichick and idiot too".

He's doing what he feels is best for the team and isn't asking for input, no different that the past 33 years which have seen him both fired and hoisting trophies.
IMO, we need to consider that other teams are getting better, and Pats are not keeping up with the pace. I think Pats / BB like changing things up on the fly and you never know what to expect. They had the defense doing dumb things in Bears game that they did not do in previous games. Possibly one of the poorest plans and execution I’ve seen in a long time.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said BB has turned into shit, not me. He hasn't turned into shit, he's not the same coach. There is a marked difference between 50 and 70 years old. Until you reach it, you'll never understand it.

From my own personal experience.

I'm near 73 years old. I constantly attempt to do the same physical things I did when I was 40 or 50 years old and immediately realize that I can't.
I believe that my mind is totally the same if not better. I constantly do math and other puzzles to exercise it. I can still add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers with excellent speed and correct results. I cannot follow written directions well at all. Trying to build a piece of simple furniture following seven pages of directions is a nightmare.

I think Bill still has all of the basic football methodologies and basic principles etched in his brain. His problem is that the game and the players have changed dramatically over the past ten years and he's bound and determined to continue to implement things the same way he did in 2006. He either refuses to accept the changes or he just can't because he doesn't quite understand them.

People may think his desire to catch Shula may be the driving force that keeps him where he is. Those same people ignore the fact that Don Sula coached for three quarters of his career with no salary cap and no free agency. If you had a great team or great players, you got to keep every one of them. Belichick, "I" believe wants to win one more ring and not have it attached to Tom Brady and that to me is force that's driving him forward. His problem is that he's getting old and just cannot change his ideas or methods.

If haven't reached your mid sixties, you have absolutely no idea what I'm even discussing, so don't try to tell me I'm wrong
You are wrong. I’m fully functional and expect to continue.
I respectfully suggest that you are using your own experience and expecting everybody else to be the same.
I have all my hair and teeth and I don’t wear glasses. I am different. We are all different.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wrong. I’m fully functional and expect to continue.
I respectfully suggest that you are using your own experience and expecting everybody else to be the same.
I have all my hair and teeth and I don’t wear glasses. I am different. We are all different.
I have three testicles

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm losing my hair, only have 80% of my original teeth (Still have two Wisdoms on the bottom) and wear bifocals. My facial hair is snow white and the stuff on top is salt and pepper. It's all a disguise. And it keeps me different.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots OL David Andrews (concussion) has been ruled out for Week 8 against the Jets.​

Andrews will miss at least one week in the concussion protocol after taking a blindside hit in Monday night's loss. The Patriots are expected to start James Ferentz at center with Andrews out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots OL David Andrews (concussion) has been ruled out for Week 8 against the Jets.​

Andrews will miss at least one week in the concussion protocol after taking a blindside hit in Monday night's loss. The Patriots are expected to start James Ferentz at center with Andrews out.
Great

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like either James Ferentz or the rookie Chasen Hines will get the nod to replace Andrews. Doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The jackass who blindsided him should be held out too.