• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #74 Bruins v.s No need to practice no more Sharks 7:30pm

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great way to close out the game.

Big two points, if they can skate like that the rest of the year they will reach the postseason.

Best game I have seen them play in a while.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be close guys....dammit, looks like there will be another 3 points game in LA.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go St. Louis go!!!

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niemi's post game interview was pretty funny.

Reporter: Was Chara's goal frustrating?
Niemi: What do you mean?
Reporter: It wasn't a conventional goal was that frustrating?
Niemi: Frustrating to who?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 2 points, yay

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wireless on planes is cool but lacks the zip to stream the game...glad to hear they got the win, would have been nice to see this one instead of the last few..

oh well..

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just got home... really quick game, like no whistles :-)

3 of the 4 lines and all 6 D (murray, a bit of a ?) were excellent. Pavs was a stud, very deserved #1 star. The key in this game? the bottom six were even. The sharks top 6 beat boston's hands down. Winnik's goal canceled out the inevitable moore/mitchell minus to the opposition bottom 6 (shocker there, eh?) and the sharks won by the top 6 beating the opposite top 6 head to head. That's what it comes down to, and what has been the key throughout the losing streak.

If mitchell/moore are -2 and winnik doesnt score, the sharks lose this game 2-1. Same as nearly every game over the last month or so. Great job by the top 6, and still waiting on line 3 to not hurt the team, let alone actually do something, anything, positive.

on a side note: congratulations to doug wilson for avoiding the historic goose egg on acquisition goals. That was one of the best shots I've seen all year. there was like NO space there, and he flipped it right inside the post and under the bar. Great shot from winnik.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just got home... really quick game, like no whistles :-)

3 of the 4 lines and all 6 D (murray, a bit of a ?) were excellent. Pavs was a stud, very deserved #1 star. The key in this game? the bottom six were even. The sharks top 6 beat boston's hands down. Winnik's goal canceled out the inevitable moore/mitchell minus to the opposition bottom 6 (shocker there, eh?) and the sharks won by the top 6 beating the opposite top 6 head to head. That's what it comes down to, and what has been the key throughout the losing streak.

If mitchell/moore are -2 and winnik doesnt score, the sharks lose this game 2-1. Same as nearly every game over the last month or so. Great job by the top 6, and still waiting on line 3 to not hurt the team, let alone actually do something, anything, positive.

on a side note: congratulations to doug wilson for avoiding the historic goose egg on acquisition goals. That was one of the best shots I've seen all year. there was like NO space there, and he flipped it right inside the post and under the bar. Great shot from winnik.

Really, you're going to place blame on the 3rd line for that goal? That's beyond pathetic. The Sharks 3rd line played 12 of 20 ES shifts against the Krejci line. Maybe you should look a little closer at which players should get the credit for holding Boston's top line off the scoresheet.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really, you're going to place blame on the 3rd line for that goal? That's beyond pathetic. The Sharks 3rd line played 12 of 20 ES shifts against the Krejci line. Maybe you should look a little closer at which players should get the credit for holding Boston's top line off the scoresheet.

PAVELSKI STUPID!!!!!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Really, so krejci's line was -2 against whom? Also that line averages 15 mins each and mustered 1 SOG and was minus. They were in their own zone running around for alot of the game and out of position on the goal. It was right in front of me.

12 shifts against the krejci line, eh? Thats only about 1/2 of Krejci's total shifts. It was the other half of the shifts that actually beat them. Not to mention, boston is a deep team with mutliple scoring lines and the sharks top 6 shut them down.

lastly, when the opposition defenseman scores from the goal line, which player is respinsible for him. Its that side winger or the Centerman who is supposed to be collapsing low in front of the net. the coverage was blown, and that made nemo scramble and gave chara all kinda of time to find his spot to bank it.

its not coincidence that moore is a minus player in 7 games for the sharks so far, and has scored 1 goal in the last 3 months (1 goal since december 21st).

Defend him all you want, if winnik doesnt score, then it would have been another blown lead by an opposition bottom 6 scoring on the the moore/mitchell line again. Thankfully, winnik did score, which masks another negative game from them.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
PAVELSKI STUPID!!!!!

To be fair, I havent been singing his praises of late. Until this game, I think he has not been all that good. No one has in the top 6 (except havlat over that short span), but pavs has been serviceable. This game, he won all of the key little board battles, got pucks out, of course, scored that early goal, and was overall great. Obviously, jamie agreed not only picking him #1 star, but gushing on the radio.

When moore is not on the ice for a goal against, or aghast, is actually plus, and double aghast, scores a key goal, i'll give him credit. However, as long as the guy is the difference in games on the negative side, he'll just keep getting attacked.

hoenstly, Im kinda shocked that with 0G, 3A, -6 in 15 games since coming to SJ, more people arent disatisfied. He's probably the most loved 4 goal, -20 player in the league. One more goal against and he can crack the top ten worst +/- forwards in the league!! Of course, it's tough since only 3 of those guys have fewer goals that he does and one is 19 years old (niederreiter, can you say too rushed???)

Almost there Dom, just one more bad shift!!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
p.s.: Dom can already claim worst +/- among all the sharks' forwards, and he's only a -2 behind demers to lead the team. So close, I'm sure he can taste it!!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hoenstly, Im kinda shocked that with 0G, 3A, -6 in 15 games since coming to SJ, more people arent disatisfied. He's probably the most loved 4 goal, -20 player in the league.

Rules, you're my boy, but what are you talking about? What poster yet alone posters on this board "love" Moore? I know I don't. In the trade thread, I didn't even make a single post about the trade.....lol, that's how enamored I was with transaction. The only game I've even sung his praises was his job against Taylor Hall/Edmonton.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yay, a good hard-fought game and a win!

I wish I could bring myself to care or feel like there's a chance for this team to make the playoffs! :L

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lose to the Kings and Ducks, but beat the Wings, Preds, and Bruins. I don't get it.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really, so krejci's line was -2 against whom? Also that line averages 15 mins each and mustered 1 SOG and was minus. They were in their own zone running around for alot of the game and out of position on the goal. It was right in front of me.

12 shifts against the krejci line, eh? Thats only about 1/2 of Krejci's total shifts. It was the other half of the shifts that actually beat them. Not to mention, boston is a deep team with mutliple scoring lines and the sharks top 6 shut them down.

lastly, when the opposition defenseman scores from the goal line, which player is respinsible for him. Its that side winger or the Centerman who is supposed to be collapsing low in front of the net. the coverage was blown, and that made nemo scramble and gave chara all kinda of time to find his spot to bank it.

its not coincidence that moore is a minus player in 7 games for the sharks so far, and has scored 1 goal in the last 3 months (1 goal since december 21st).

Defend him all you want, if winnik doesnt score, then it would have been another blown lead by an opposition bottom 6 scoring on the the moore/mitchell line again. Thankfully, winnik did score, which masks another negative game from them.

Let's see, how about the goalie. If the only way a goal is scored is by a player is banking it off the goalie from behind the net it tells me that everyone on the ice is doing their job except the goalie. If Niemi isn't doing his best stop, drop, and roll, fire drill manuver that goal is never scored.

Chara is Handzus' player to cover until he goes below the goal line by the net then he becomes Demer's responsibility. Handzus' went down to the ice to prevent a cross ice pass in front of the net forcing Chara down that low. At that point it's on Demers to prevent Chara from coming out front with the puck and block a pass if possible. Because the Sharks coaching staff wants their players to play a read-and-react low pressure style defense Demers stays next to the goal post giving Chara time to make his move. The dmen aren't always going to be able to block the pass attempt out front but at the same time they are not responsible for Niemi's foundering on the ice.

There's only one player you can blame for that goal and it's Niemi. Everyone else on the ice was doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rules, you're my boy, but what are you talking about? What poster yet alone posters on this board "love" Moore? I know I don't. In the trade thread, I didn't even make a single post about the trade.....lol, that's how enamored I was with transaction. The only game I've even sung his praises was his job against Taylor Hall/Edmonton.

I think it's not so much that he is loved, but not maligned. Cmon and kork, have defended his play as effective in shutting down the opposition, and others have left him alone. I feel like Im the only one who sees his play as an actual detractor. I feel almost any other guy who plays like he has would be facing a chorus of shit, but nearly no one has been on the guy and multiple people have defended him.

that's where my surprise was from.