• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #74 Bruins v.s No need to practice no more Sharks 7:30pm

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show us that you give a DAMN!?!

Play Hockey at the highest level you can, that's all I ask!

LeT's Go Sharks!!!!!

If you think your having a bad day, just think to yourself and say "glad I'm not her".

OUCH!

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having been reading alot of posts. Niemi, 3rd line, Dumbo, Clowe seem to be getting alot of flack. To me, the most frustrating player, besides Niemi, is Marleau. That guy seems to float around without a care in the world to me. Almost invisible lately. Gets points on talent and physical skills but not on effort. An enigma to me at times. He needs to go on one of his streaks right now.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbo and Blinky are trying to take it up a notch this season, no more playoff chokers...now they are regular season chokers!

tumblr_lgf220vzrA1qfsmrco1_400.gif

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man this is practice, man. We talking about practice! We ain't talkin about the game, we talkin bout practice?!

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having been reading alot of posts. Niemi, 3rd line, Dumbo, Clowe seem to be getting alot of flack. To me, the most frustrating player, besides Niemi, is Marleau. That guy seems to float around without a care in the world to me. Almost invisible lately. Gets points on talent and physical skills but not on effort. An enigma to me at times. He needs to go on one of his streaks right now.

Dumbo and Patty should both be lightning rods for criticism. I've been guilty of harping on Joe more than Patty, but I've given my reasons for it. I think Marleau is what he is at this point. I've seen Jumbo play with emotion and hit and get his feet moving. I don't think I've ever seen Patty mad at all. Not even when he was railroaded by Sarich. Jumbo and Patty were called out (in the nicest possible way) by Jamie Baker after the loss to the Kings. He said they both played poorly in both the Anaheim and Kings games. I 100% agreed.

Dumbo could be a top 10 player in the NHL if he truly wanted to be (i.e. - changing his game a little by shooting more and crashing the net) and brought his work ethic to every game. I don't think the same could be said for Patty. In my humble opinion, he can't dominate a game like Joe can.

I remember on the ESPN boards I got roasted for picking on Joe by Amerks and Rules and I got roasted for picking on Marleau from Korky and Rares, lol.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO:

Patty is an introvert, even shy maybe. Not his nature to be aggressive or stand out. Watch him in interviews. He is definitely uncomfortable when he does them. He talks, smiles, talks, smiles, talks, smiles, talks, etc. He looks fricking weird to me when I watch him talking.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO:

Patty is an introvert, even shy maybe. Not his nature to be aggressive or stand out. Watch him in interviews. He is definitely uncomfortable when he does them. He talks, smiles, talks, smiles, talks, smiles, talks, etc. He looks fricking weird to me when I watch him talking.

Ugly girlfriend means he has no confidence.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember on the ESPN boards I got roasted for picking on Joe by Amerks and Rules and I got roasted for picking on Marleau from Korky and Rares, lol.

the key to success is picking on players you know will be moving on to other teams!

:humble:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think most of the hate-on-Patty crew moved on to other targets.

Nope, still here :-)

the reason I havent been that hard on patty is cuz he is not actually hurting the team like the 3rd line. Dont get me wrong, he is playing like shit to be nice. 1G, 4A in 12 games sucks. Especially the 1 goal. That's a killer. But, up until the LA game, he was only a minus player in 2 of those games and was actually a +1. the LA game was bad, but he got burned by an EN minus which made it a bit worse than it was and he was not respnsible for either goal 3 or 4, the two real killer goals. basically patty is falling short, no question, but at least he's not responsible for GWG against regularly either.

the third line has stunk, and specifically, moore has yet score one fucking goal in SJ. Not one. AND he's been a minus player is SIX games. That's a ton, especially for a third liner whose job is simply not to get scored on. And, it's not matchups because he's gone up against the opposition bottom lines regularly. he got lit up by freaking nick Bonerino. he's stunk on the PK too.

if the sharks are going to have to win 2-1, then the third and fourth lines cant give up 2 per night as they did against ANA (3 actually with the PK goal against) and 2 vs. LA (with the stupid mitchell high stick following by desjardins being the key plays).

There are alot of guys struggling on this team, but pretty much the top 6 have carried their weight, or least close to it. In the 18 games since the tampa loss (not including that loss) in which the sharks have not scored 4 goals, here are the goal totals per player:

Jumbo 4G
Havlat 4G
Couture: 6G
Clowe: 3G
marleau 5G
Pavs: 4G

Total: 26 goals in 18 games (And actually less than that since havlat played nearly none of that and cooch was out a bit too). Assuming havlat would have had at least 2 goals in the previous 13 games, it would be 28+ goals in 18 games. that's roughly 1.6 goals per game (22 goal per year per player pace). While that is a bit of a slump, it's not THAT bad.

If the top 6 scores 2 in a game, the D and bottom six should be able to pitch in another 1 per game. That is not happening.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not funny...Sharks need to win this game...

Last edited by a moderator:

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it's even going to matter what happens out West. PIT looks fricken unstoppable.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Niemi looked shaky during the warm ups, and t.here is a lot of Bruin fans here at the game.

Let's hope for a WIN tonight.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about it, need a big game tonight. If not you will have all offseason to regret the mistakes and missed opportunities. If you're going to go down, go down swinging.

LET'S GO SHARKS!!!

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how you start the game!

Bad turnover by Boston and the Sharks capitalize. The Big Pavelski gets the good guys on the board.