• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 4: Umps don't F-up the game; Sox finally don't throw to 3rd base

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More stuff for Sox fans to feel good about, though I'm sure you already knew this.

Baseball America ranked every organization by how their prospects placed in each league top 20 list and derived a point system in order to determine the teams most likely and least likely to produce value at the major league level in 2014. BA uses the following criteria:

• One point for ranking as a league's top batting or pitching prospect.

• Four points for ranking as a league's No. 1 prospect, with value descending by two-tenths of a point thereafter, so 3.8 points for ranking No. 2 on down to 0.2 points for ranking No. 20.

• Five points for ranking in a Triple-A league; four points for Double-A; three points for high Class A; two points for low Class A; and one point for any of the six short-season leagues.

• Two points for playing pitcher, catcher or shortstop; one point for playing second base, third base or outfield; no points for playing first base.

• Players receive half-credit for their league's star rating, so that a player in a five-star league such as the Florida State receives 2.5 points; a player in a one-star league such as the California receives 0.5 points.
• Organizations do not receive double credit for having one prospect who ranks on two lists; only the player's highest score is counted toward the total.

The Yankees (16) rank fourth in the AL East with the Red Sox (1), Blue Jays (11), and Rays (15) all placing ahead of them. The Orioles (28) rank as one of the lowest teams in baseball.

I didn't klnow about this rating system, but I did know the Sox had a great farm system.

These rankings change because players get called up and lose rookie status. The Cards were ranked #1 I think last season, but now all of their pitchers are in the majors.

That will happen to the Sox soon enough, but we still have good A/AA depth.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for saying that about Eli. I has always been my contention that he is more lucky than good.

I hope that was your point.
Yeah, I would say that is actually a fact until proven otherwise. Before his first Super Bowl run, he was putting up Brandon Weedon type performances and he has mixed in 3(?) high turnover seasons lately.

Football is organized chaos. Its why a secretary that barely watches sports can win your Fantasy Football league

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victorino out of the lineup again tonight. The official lineup is not out, but I imagine it will be identical to last night.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't klnow about this rating system, but I did know the Sox had a great farm system.

These rankings change because players get called up and lose rookie status. The Cards were ranked #1 I think last season, but now all of their pitchers are in the majors.

That will happen to the Sox soon enough, but we still have good A/AA depth.

I gotta be honest I was stunned the Yankees were ranked 16th, I expected a lot lower.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victorino out of the lineup again tonight. The official lineup is not out, but I imagine it will be identical to last night.

Ellsbury CF
Pedroia 2B
Ortiz 1B
Gomes LF
Nava RF
Bogaerts 3B
Drew SS
Ross C
Lester LHP

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta be honest I was stunned the Yankees were ranked 16th, I expected a lot lower.
Yeah, I was under the assumption that they were bottom 5 just based on how the media is reacting to their future prospects

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How weird would it be if the next 5 years had a dominant Red Sox team and a doormat Yankees team?

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How weird would it be if the next 5 years had a dominant Red Sox team and a doormat Yankees team?

The Steinbrenners will spend a billion dollars before they allow the Yankees to become a "doormat".

They may miss the playoffs, but they will never be the Astros.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig not starting at 1B, which makes sense.

What is the deal with Napoli taking grounders at 3B? Is that in case he is thrust into a game in the late innings or extras? Must be. He is certainly not starting and is not a defensive replacement.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steinbrenners will spend a billion dollars before they allow the Yankees to become a "doormat".
Thats what I was thinking. Yankees are too important to fade away like the Raiders or other power house teams that used to have very strong rivalries

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am also looking at more than a 5 year run for the Sox. The Sox have very little on the books past 2014, so they will have the funds to lock up their impending home grown stars and add some more role guys to fill the void when Napoli, Gomes, and Victorino are gone.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the other day that I don't expect this to be the last Sox/Cardinals World Series in the near future.
The major caveat to that is that Puig could morph into the best player in baseball if he fixes all of the dumb things he does and Magic Johnson and company look like they are taking the spending route from here on out.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The major caveat to that is that Puig could morph into the best player in baseball if he fixes all of the dumb things he does and Magic Johnson and company look like they are taking the spending route from here on out.

Yes, but they will not win the pennant every season. I do see the NL as being tougher, though. The Nats, Braves, Reds, Dodgers, and Cards. You can also never count out the Giants.

I am betting that Puig falls flat. I like the odds.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They may miss the playoffs, but they will never be the Astros.

fox gave the dodgers to spend more

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards tweaked their lineup as well:

Carpenter
Robinson
Holliday
Beltran
Molina
Adams
Freese
Kozma
Wainwright

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig not starting at 1B, which makes sense.

What is the deal with Napoli taking grounders at 3B? Is that in case he is thrust into a game in the late innings or extras? Must be. He is certainly not starting and is not a defensive replacement.

in case they needed his bat and didnt want to go three games with either he or Ortiz out