• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #3 NE Patriots vs New York Jets Thursday, September 19, 2024 8:00 PM (Prime)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday will be here before we know it.

Tough loss for the Patriots Sunday.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets beat the Titans today 27-17.

Both teams are 1-1.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets beat the Titans today 27-17.

Both teams are 1-1.
Going to need a lot of planning and execution on short week.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to need a lot of planning and execution on short week
And the Meadowlands will be insane. This team will have to wear ear plugs and ignore the crap that will flow from the stands.
Easiest way to quiet the crowd in NY is to score immediately and stop the Jets on their first possession. Otherwise it will be near impossible to hear anything.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does sign, will he be ready to play on Thursday night????

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- New York Jets edge player Jermaine Johnson, a key part of the team's young core, is likely lost for the season after suffering what is feared to be a torn right Achilles tendon.

"It's unfortunately looking like that," coach Robert Saleh said Sunday after the 24-17 win over the Tennessee Titans at Nissan Stadium.

Johnson will have an MRI exam on Monday. If the tear is confirmed, it will put pressure on the Jets to resolve the contract situation with edge rusher Haason Reddick, who was acquired in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles and is still holding out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does sign, will he be ready to play on Thursday night????

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- New York Jets edge player Jermaine Johnson, a key part of the team's young core, is likely lost for the season after suffering what is feared to be a torn right Achilles tendon.

"It's unfortunately looking like that," coach Robert Saleh said Sunday after the 24-17 win over the Tennessee Titans at Nissan Stadium.

Johnson will have an MRI exam on Monday. If the tear is confirmed, it will put pressure on the Jets to resolve the contract situation with edge rusher Haason Reddick, who was acquired in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles and is still holding out.
It is an Achilles. Reddick would be doubtful in my opinion

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reddick would be doubtful in my opinion
The Jets are stupid enough and hungry enough to put him out there and if he survived, claim that they found a new high speed method of getting a player ready without the benefit of training camp.................($100M+ Guaranteed)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the #1 pick may still be in play?

16-1 BABY !!!
They'll find a way to screw that up. They'll end up with the 5th or 6th pick I think.

Which isn't bad. Currently the too early OL projections for the 2025 draft, in the first round are #7,13,26 and 30.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typing is a challenging task had another surgery same hand currently in half cast.
1. I don't think we see Maye yet although Jacoby's inability to scramble has to be considered.

2. I would like to see Pop Douglas and Javon Baker more, quick speed guys who can likely get initial separation short out passes or passes across the middle, ie Dink and Dunk to help loosen up the defense. Then 2 or 3 downfield shots may be possible .

3. Less Stevenson Reich will ruin him by week 9 if he doesn't find additional ways to move the ball.

Pats 17
Jets 13

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typing is a challenging task had another surgery same hand currently in half cast.
1. I don't think we see Maye yet although Jacoby's inability to scramble has to be considered.

2. I would like to see Pop Douglas and Javon Baker more, quick speed guys who can likely get initial separation short out passes or passes across the middle, ie Dink and Dunk to help loosen up the defense. Then 2 or 3 downfield shots may be possible .

3. Less Stevenson Reich will ruin him by week 9 if he doesn't find additional ways to move the ball.

Pats 17
Jets 13
Jacoby has been scrambling, albeit to save his life. No way do I want to see Maye getting abused like that at this point.

I think we all would like to see more attempts to all the WRs. Unfortunately, the QB doesn't have time unless they separate and they are the first read.

They need to stay with the run heavy package to hopefully open up the passing game. Run Stevenson, he's still averaging less than 25 carries per game which is not unheard of for a bell cow. It's nice to see Gibson and Harris getting a few carries. I'm hoping as the season goes on and NE faces teams with lesser run Ds they get the rock a little more. It would be great if they could get a couple TD lead and use them more but I don't see that happening unless the D starts putting up some points.

Going to be a long season I'm afraid.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets were supposed to have one of the best defenses in the NFL this year. They are having problems stopping the run. Knowing this, the Patriots should be running every snap with a hurry offense. The Jets will have to keep playing the same guys or risk twelve or thirteen guys on the field. Pounding the ball will also quiet the crowd and if the Patriots can average 4 yards a down running and spell Stevenson with Gibson, it will suck the safeties up to the line of scrimmage and play action will be a huge part of big chunk plays. Van Pelt just has to immediately go back to the run and not try to fool around with any kind of pass game. Seattle supposedly had one of the best run defenses and the Patriots OL was great blocking for the run. If it works, work it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets were supposed to have one of the best defenses in the NFL this year. They are having problems stopping the run. Knowing this, the Patriots should be running every snap with a hurry offense. The Jets will have to keep playing the same guys or risk twelve or thirteen guys on the field. Pounding the ball will also quiet the crowd and if the Patriots can average 4 yards a down running and spell Stevenson with Gibson, it will suck the safeties up to the line of scrimmage and play action will be a huge part of big chunk plays. Van Pelt just has to immediately go back to the run and not try to fool around with any kind of pass game. Seattle supposedly had one of the best run defenses and the Patriots OL was great blocking for the run. If it works, work it.
Do we even have a full back on the roster?

God I miss Devlin.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacoby has been scrambling, albeit to save his life. No way do I want to see Maye getting abused like that at this point.

I think we all would like to see more attempts to all the WRs. Unfortunately, the QB doesn't have time unless they separate and they are the first read.

They need to stay with the run heavy package to hopefully open up the passing game. Run Stevenson, he's still averaging less than 25 carries per game which is not unheard of for a bell cow. It's nice to see Gibson and Harris getting a few carries. I'm hoping as the season goes on and NE faces teams with lesser run Ds they get the rock a little more. It would be great if they could get a couple TD lead and use them more but I don't see that happening unless the D starts putting up some points.

Going to be a long season I'm afraid.
I dont agree I tend to count snap to release 2.5 seconds is avg in the nfl he's had that time WRs aren't getting open, and he can't run worth a shit looks like Brady when he scrambles. Offense looks very one dimensional and teams will tee up on that

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont agree I tend to count snap to release 2.5 seconds is avg in the nfl he's had that time WRs aren't getting open, and he can't run worth a shit looks like Brady when he scrambles. Offense looks very one dimensional and teams will tee up
I dont agree I tend to count snap to release 2.5 seconds is avg in the nfl he's had that time WRs aren't getting open, and he can't run worth a shit looks like Brady when he scrambles. Offense looks very one dimensional and teams will tee up on that
Fair enough. We'll have to agree to disagree.

First I didn't look up what Jacoby's snap to release is currently. The snap to release is a misleading stat.

Jacoby has gone over 200 yards 3x in his career. Brady's best was 110.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs have an internal device that tells them when to release a pass. The best in history have known how to adjust that device and add bells and whistles to it. It starts in Pop Warner and gets defined and improved through high school. It get refined in college and for the best is working like Rolex or at least a Waltham by the time they reach the pros.

Jacoby has a device in his head but has never had a true opportunity to refine it. He working with a Timex. A QB doesn't necessarily have to be able to run like a deer, but being faster than a sloth helps. Brady and Manning were not gazelles, but their mental mechanisms worked well enough to keep them moving quick enough and knowing where toi move to avoid most disasters.

In my years of coaching I've watched kids who just have that natural mechanism in their heads and have seen it become a Swiss mechanism and in others, watched is continuously malfunction. Like I said, Jocoby Brissett has a Timex and it works just fine, until he needs a Citizen's movement.

Mayo has to be more aware of a situation that requires that kind of timepiece and has to be ready and willing to see if Maye has a better internal mechanism and what it will do when put to the test. It may be time to find out if that watch works as advertised at 300 meters.