• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #2 Patriots @ Seattle Seahawks 8:20 PM 9/20/20

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on. Case in point, J Jones blitz seemed to freeze Russ, then why not use him as a spy.
I am still puzzled at this game plan and BBs desire to stick with it almost the entire game?

It actually pissed me off that he waited until it was almost desperation time to make changes.

Sea was stacking the box. Damn it roll out Cam and look down field. Force them to change their D.

Same on the D side. The zone was getting picked apart by Russ. When they pressured him and went man they had much better results.

That was an easily winnable game and the coaches blew it. All the blame belongs to them.

Nice to see Cam have a good game. I hope that's a sign for things to come.

Oh and find a kicker, PLEASE

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing a single kick early in a game doesn't cost the game. Yeah, there are cascading events like choosing not to rely on the kicker later, but this game was lost on a poor interception and a single poor play call. I'm happy with Cam's play but he got stuffed on one run because he wasn't aware of where he was (in front of an alley without visibility) and stuffed on another because he lost his awareness of how the play was unfolding.

The positive of Cam is he's showing he's still a freak athlete with great running and passing skills and has another skill you can't teach....size.
Well it did!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still puzzled at this game plan and BBs desire to stick with it almost the entire game?

It actually pissed me off that he waited until it was almost desperation time to make changes.

Sea was stacking the box. Damn it roll out Cam and look down field. Force them to change their D.

Same on the D side. The zone was getting picked apart by Russ. When they pressured him and went man they had much better results.

That was an easily winnable game and the coaches blew it. All the blame belongs to them.

Well it did!
A kicker tackled Cam?

1) They need the kicker position to be better.
2) There are many plays during a game that could alter the outcome
3) The missed kick wasn't at the top of the list of plays, if executed better, could have altered the outcome
4) The interception was higher, so was the play call for the final play and Cams lack of adjusting to what was in front of him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A kicker tackled Cam?

1) They need the kicker position to be better.
2) There are many plays during a game that could alter the outcome
3) The missed kick wasn't at the top of the list of plays, if executed better, could have altered the outcome
4) The interception was higher, so was the play call for the final play and Cams lack of adjusting to what was in front of him.
Oyyy, If the kicker didn't miss early on we need a pooch field goal to win. Has nothing to do with Cam or that horrible play call.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest complaint with keeping Folk and/or Rohrwasser is that they both do ONLY one thing and that is kick field goals. If they cannot do that in dead air on a clear and warm day or night, then please explain to me why they are on the football team. You laughed when I posted those free agent kickers' names, but every one of them can constantly kick field goal inside 40 or 45 yards. Folk has not even been close to making either of his and both have been very wide left. The swing in his leg is coming down from right to left and he's hooking the ball on contact. Guys, I coached football for oevr forty years. I know the whys and wherefores of the game basics and why certain things happen. Folk's problem is that he aligns the ball with the goal posts and goes to the exact same spot to start his approach. He then takes the exact same approach and cannot adjust the swing of his hips or leg unless he has a coach to specifically change either his alignment, pre-kick position or approach to the ball. If he can't adjust, the result will always be the same. That and he's 37 years old and any change is drastic and doesn't feel right. Sort a like watching the offense take the field and not seeing 12 behind 60.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest complaint with keeping Folk and/or Rohrwasser is that they both do ONLY one thing and that is kick field goals. If they cannot do that in dead air on a clear and warm day or night, then please explain to me why they are on the football team. You laughed when I posted those free agent kickers' names, but every one of them can constantly kick field goal inside 40 or 45 yards. Folk has not even been close to making either of his and both have been very wide left. The swing in his leg is coming down from right to left and he's hooking the ball on contact. Guys, I coached football for oevr forty years. I know the whys and wherefores of the game basics and why certain things happen. Folk's problem is that he aligns the ball with the goal posts and goes to the exact same spot to start his approach. He then takes the exact same approach and cannot adjust the swing of his hips or leg unless he has a coach to specifically change either his alignment, pre-kick position or approach to the ball. If he can't adjust, the result will always be the same. That and he's 37 years old and any change is drastic and doesn't feel right. Sort a like watching the offense take the field and not seeing 12 behind 60.
Field goal kicking is kind of like a hybrid of a golf swing and a shot in basketball. The biggest element is choosing the target and following through to that target. From there, like a golf club, the face of the foot on strike can add spin and cause a hook or slice. The timing has a lot to do with controlling the foot face... After that it's all practice.

If it were that simple we'd all do it. Back to golf, the force (foot speed * effective weight of the kicking foot) differentiates the pack. It's why linemen were often kickers back in the toe ball days, they're weight alone added to the force on the ball. The great kickers are the ones who master the foot speed and timing allowing the follow through to keep the ball at the target.

Full disclosure: I never coached.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB also needs to swallow his pride for drafting a k in round 5 that was a bust. That's where this mess started.
There are other UDFA K still out there. Bring them in for a try out.

Also if BB hadn't gone all in on the 5th rounder there were other FA K available. But that boat sailed.
No ball washing. We lost Ghost quickly, covered with Folk
Our draft pick might be more ready in a non-covid year. Just sucks - make adjustments.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's it!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our draft pick might be more ready in a non-covid year. Just sucks - make adjustments.
You back in the states now?

Because the NFL game pass works great for me here in Thailand. I get the games with only a few seconds delayed.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the schedule isn't getting any easier. Oak, KC and Denver. We could be eliminated from the playoffs if Folk continues on this pace. I expect these to be close games. A FG or two missed certainly could be the difference.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's it!
You back in the states now?

Because the NFL game pass works great for me here in Thailand. I get the games with only a few seconds delayed.
I'm in California for 2 more months. I will then retire to Georgia.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game pass is only a problem for me When Pats play Sunday night.
I get up early and can't stay up until 11:30 or so.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it!

I'm in California for 2 more months. I will then retire to Georgia.
Hell yeah, I too would get the hell out of Cali as soon as possible.
1. Way to liberal
2. Way to expensive
3. If it ain't burning it's shaking.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So game pass is $99.00 a season as I read it. And you what don't get the games live but recast at a different time? So you could essentially set you DVR to record the game and watch it later? I don't care if I know the score going in for me its all about seeing the drives and big plays, how the D played how the O Line looked etc.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So game pass is $99.00 a season as I read it. And you what don't get the games live but recast at a different time? So you could essentially set you DVR to record the game and watch it later? I don't care if I know the score going in for me its all about seeing the drives and big plays, how the D played how the O Line looked etc.
That sucks.

I'm on the international plan. It's great. I get all the games live, Red Zone, coaches tape version after the game is over, all pre season, league, playoff and SB...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$79 for re-up
I can get any game in the last 10 years when I want it - except
I can't get the game live.
Works ok except for night games - too late for me, watch the next day.....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe few thought Cam could blend in so fast. He’s balling and doing what is expected on the field. He can dress like an old lady and do the TD antics for all I care.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe few thought Cam could blend in so fast. He’s balling and doing what is expected on the field. He can dress like an old lady and do the TD antics for all I care.
Same here minus the TD and first down celebrations. Cam you've been there before. Everyone watching knows it was a first down or TD.

Hope he gets Harry going again and Harry finds his balls and starts actually running like a football player.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here minus the TD and first down celebrations. Cam you've been there before. Everyone watching knows it was a first down or TD.

Hope he gets Harry going again and Harry finds his balls and starts actually running like a football player.
He is proving to be a player. This is good for Cam and for the team. Cam proves he can ball, and the team benefits. Win-Win. I like the energy Cam brings on the field. Total ahtlete. The guy is baller and wants to win.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is proving to be a player. This is good for Cam and for the team. Cam proves he can ball, and the team benefits. Win-Win. I like the energy Cam brings on the field. Total ahtlete. The guy is baller and wants to win.

Yep, he's slowly making me a fan. Athlete no doubt, but he relies on that too much by taking off and trying to run over people. Whish he'd avoid some of those hits unless it's in the RZ.

He really seems to be throwing the ball more accurately this season which is such a bonus.

If he continues to ball, NE should lock him up for a couple years and bring in his replacement to learn? They'll have the cap and the picks to do a lot of moving next season.