• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #2 Patriots @ Seattle Seahawks 8:20 PM 9/20/20

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots get to travel to Seattle next week.

Seahawks beat the Falcons Week 1 38-25

Russel Wilson was white hot going 31/35 322 yards and 4 TDs he also ran 3 times for 29 yards.

Metcalf and Olsen each had a TD catch and Chris Carson the running back caught 2.

Good thing that the Seahawks seats will be empty or this could be horror show.

Patriots defense will have to show up and play better than today. Then again, the Falcons D might not be very good.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure Wilson will not be afraid and tries to pick on Gilmore knowing he had two DPIs already and it might be in his head... You are correct, Patriots defense will have to play a flawless game next week

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game to pick the Pats to win but today was against a division rival so ugliness usually prevails. I think NE can do this. Pats 23 Seahawks 22.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure Wilson will not be afraid and tries to pick on Gilmore knowing he had two DPIs already and it might be in his head... You are correct, Patriots defense will have to play a flawless game next week
Gilmore has always risked PIs. It's just part of his game and everyone (EVERYONE, not just Wilson) knows it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect a game like we saw today. I don't think Seattle is very good against the run (but I didn't watch their game today). Seattle may have a worse WR group than NE. NE needs to find another option beside #11. Harry may be the guy? Gunner maybe? Did Meyer play today? Seattle's offense is Wilson. You MUST contain him. Once he scrambles he's one of the most dangerous QBs in the NFL, if not the best. Put a spy on him all game.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect a game like we saw today. I don't think Seattle is very good against the run (but I didn't watch their game today). Seattle may have a worse WR group than NE. NE needs to find another option beside #11. Harry may be the guy? Gunner maybe? Did Meyer play today? Seattle's offense is Wilson. You MUST contain him. Once he scrambles he's one of the most dangerous QBs in the NFL, if not the best. Put a spy on him all game.
Harry looked good overall. The TE made some good plays too.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some film from the Hawks/Falcons.

Wilson had a field day against a piss poor secondary. The linebackers sucked on coverage underneath.
I don't think things against the Pats secondary will be anywhere close to as easy as it was against the Falcons. You know BB will be watching that game for at least 15 hours. Seattle's RB Chris Carson was the big weapon inside the 20.

I've watched the Pats game twice. Here are my takes.

Offense:
1. Cam Newton is healthy and that makes him extremely dangerous. He made adjustments in the second half after seeing the Dolphins set him up with the blitz in the first half. The minute that they dropped off in coverage he was off and running for four first downs.
2. Sony Michel looked very good and his foot didn't seem to bother him.
3. James White got dinged up a bit but he wasn't used anywhere near what he would have been if Brady was still there.
4. JJ Taylor will be the starting RB by mid season. He's small, lightning fast and tougher than nail.s.
Rushing stats:
Newton 15/75 2 5.0 per carry
Michel 10/37 1 3.7 Per carry
Burkhead 7/32 0 4.6 per carry
Taylor 4/28 0 7.0 per carry
Edelman 1/23 0 23 per carry
White 5/22 0 4.4 per carry

Total 41/217 3 TD 5.3 yards per carry average.

Defense

1. Secondary got call for four DPI and two were marginal. It was as if the officials felt they had try out their electric whistles. They only called the most flagrant against the Dolphins.

2. The linebackers were excellent and coverage underneath was much better than I expected . Rookies and newbies usually have problems adjusting. These guys just stepped in and did the work. I was surprised that Uche was inactive because he had a huge camp over Jennings. Jennings started and was outstanding especially when he blitzed.

Sunday night...................The Seahawks will have a much, much tougher defense to go against and Wilson will have to work much harder. Patriots must tackle better and not just bang runners.

If the Patriots defense plays as well as they did against the fins...........................Patriots 35 Seahawks 20 if they take a step back it'll be opposite.

Final note.............................BB needs to find a kicker. Folk sucked. Can't hope and pray for 39 yard field goals once the weather turns.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some film from the Hawks/Falcons.

Wilson had a field day against a piss poor secondary. The linebackers sucked on coverage underneath.
I don't think things against the Pats secondary will be anywhere close to as easy as it was against the Falcons. You know BB will be watching that game for at least 15 hours. Seattle's RB Chris Carson was the big weapon inside the 20.

I've watched the Pats game twice. Here are my takes.

Offense:
1. Cam Newton is healthy and that makes him extremely dangerous. He made adjustments in the second half after seeing the Dolphins set him up with the blitz in the first half. The minute that they dropped off in coverage he was off and running for four first downs.
2. Sony Michel looked very good and his foot didn't seem to bother him.
3. James White got dinged up a bit but he wasn't used anywhere near what he would have been if Brady was still there.
4. JJ Taylor will be the starting RB by mid season. He's small, lightning fast and tougher than nail.s.
Rushing stats:
Newton 15/75 2 5.0 per carry
Michel 10/37 1 3.7 Per carry
Burkhead 7/32 0 4.6 per carry
Taylor 4/28 0 7.0 per carry
Edelman 1/23 0 23 per carry
White 5/22 0 4.4 per carry

Total 41/217 3 TD 5.3 yards per carry average.

Defense

1. Secondary got call for four DPI and two were marginal. It was as if the officials felt they had try out their electric whistles. They only called the most flagrant against the Dolphins.

2. The linebackers were excellent and coverage underneath was much better than I expected . Rookies and newbies usually have problems adjusting. These guys just stepped in and did the work. I was surprised that Uche was inactive because he had a huge camp over Jennings. Jennings started and was outstanding especially when he blitzed.

Sunday night...................The Seahawks will have a much, much tougher defense to go against and Wilson will have to work much harder. Patriots must tackle better and not just bang runners.

If the Patriots defense plays as well as they did against the fins...........................Patriots 35 Seahawks 20 if they take a step back it'll be opposite.

Final note.............................BB needs to find a kicker. Folk sucked. Can't hope and pray for 39 yard field goals once the weather turns.
It's a little early to make that call on Taylor. Small guys that aren't built like bowling balls tend to get hurt when they are used as a primary running option. With that stated, he sure did impress.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see the Pats taking this one.

1-1 on the way.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,121.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much more difficult test for the Cam-led Pats.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much more difficult test for the Cam-led Pats.
And a much more difficult test for the Seahawks. At least the Patriots aren't Pop Warner. Hopefully you can get a chance to see to some of the Falcons/Seahawks game. My guess is that once they get to see the Patriots' game film, they won't feel quite so good about playing a Bradyless team.

If and that's a big IF, the Patriots defense plays equally as well or possibly a bit better in Seattle, the Patriots win. The Seattle defense was NOT stellar against the Falcons' offense.

Ryan was 37/54 450 yds 2 TDs

Falcons rushed 21 times for 72 yards for 3.5 yards per carry.

Seattle's defense gave up 522 yards of offense yesterday and that's nothing to be proud of.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Pats team didn't show me much if Cam hadn't ran two in most might be singing a different tune. IMO Hawks will crowd the box and make Cam win with his arm and lackluster receiving corps.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Pats team didn't show me much if Cam hadn't ran two in most might be singing a different tune. IMO Hawks will crowd the box and make Cam win with his arm and lackluster receiving corps.

I feel pretty confident that if Cam hadn't run those in one of the other backs would've. The run game was fucking stellar. JJ Taylor looks like he's gonna be a huge compliment to the ground game. And we get Harris back in a few weeks.

Also, you take Harry's drop out of this and the passing game kicked ass too. Very efficient without a whole lot of risk. Harry should not have dropped that, it was a great pass and catch, and hopefully the coaches are all over his ass about it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel pretty confident that if Cam hadn't run those in one of the other backs would've. The run game was fucking stellar. JJ Taylor looks like he's gonna be a huge compliment to the ground game. And we get Harris back in a few weeks.

Also, you take Harry's drop out of this and the passing game kicked ass too. Very efficient without a whole lot of risk. Harry should not have dropped that, it was a great pass and catch, and hopefully the coaches are all over his ass about it.
Well we'll see next week. I sure don't have the warm fuzzies.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm repeating something I said earlier, sometimes the other team makes a play too. It's hard to tell if this was 100% on Harry or not.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the Seahawks game #1.
I heard about this great Seahawks rally.
There was no rally.
The Seahawks outclassed the Falcons but they did not outplay them.
Thoughts:
Secondary is weak outsideof Adams.
Seahawks played tough in the trenches.
Russell got loose and will likely do that against us.
I hope the game pln isn't for Cam to ru.
Cam the QB can hit our receivers downfield. Can our receivers catch and handle the physicality? We drafted them to make these catches.
Time to do it or shut up.
Our running game should play well.....