• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #2 Patriots @ Seattle Seahawks 8:20 PM 9/20/20

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more interested in the defense this week.

My feeling is that BB will want to keep Wilson behind the line of scrimmage at any cost. He can run anywhere he wants but Bill wants him throwing that pea. Pats secondary is still the best and I think may be even better than 2019. When they go 5 DBs and Williams or J. Jones are the 5th, it's not easy to get the ball anywhere. Wise, Winovich and Rivers kept the corners totally shut down against the Phins and I I don't think Seattle can commit bodies just give Wilson an outside lane.

Seattle is -4.5. Even the odds makers are hedging a bit. If the patriots play mistake/turnover free ball, I think they win by 3 or 4.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEAHAWKS/PATRIOTS GAME MAY BE POSTPONED

Wildfires have so severely affected the air quality that outside event are being postponed or cancelled.
Mariners' game tonight is postponed in hopes that it can be played tomorrow.

Problem is that it can't easily be made up or rescheduled.

League is discussing the game being moved to Gillette or another NFL stadium where the team is away for this weekend.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEAHAWKS/PATRIOTS GAME MAY BE POSTPONED

Wildfires have so severely affected the air quality that outside event are being postponed or cancelled.
Mariners' game tonight is postponed in hopes that it can be played tomorrow.

Problem is that it can't easily be made up or rescheduled.

League is discussing the game being moved to Gillette or another NFL stadium where the team is away for this weekend.
Move it to Gillette.
We need to protect the health of Seahawks players,
Truly humanitarian thing to do.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the National Weather Service cold Canadian air moving down and the hurricane in the gulf is moving warm air north in all directions. Seattle area may get a pretty heavy dose of rain on Friday. That will pretty much clean up the air quality problem. WLVI in Boston got the ball rolling and Like I said in another post, the problem with the media today is that they all want to be first. So they fire a salvo without doing any research or back-checking and let the chips fall where they may. Looks like they screwed the pooch on this one.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more interested in the defense this week.

My feeling is that BB will want to keep Wilson behind the line of scrimmage at any cost. He can run anywhere he wants but Bill wants him throwing that pea. Pats secondary is still the best and I think may be even better than 2019. When they go 5 DBs and Williams or J. Jones are the 5th, it's not easy to get the ball anywhere. Wise, Winovich and Rivers kept the corners totally shut down against the Phins and I I don't think Seattle can commit bodies just give Wilson an outside lane.

Seattle is -4.5. Even the odds makers are hedging a bit. If the patriots play mistake/turnover free ball, I think they win by 3 or 4.
Seattle gave up 434 passing yards last Sunday. If we play mistake free football, we'll win by 40

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the National Weather Service cold Canadian air moving down and the hurricane in the gulf is moving warm air north in all directions. Seattle area may get a pretty heavy dose of rain on Friday. That will pretty much clean up the air quality problem. WLVI in Boston got the ball rolling and Like I said in another post, the problem with the media today is that they all want to be first. So they fire a salvo without doing any research or back-checking and let the chips fall where they may. Looks like they screwed the pooch on this one.
It's barely a story regardless. If the game move to Gillette home field advantage would not shift with it. The crowds are the factor and with none any site is a neutral site.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's barely a story regardless. If the game move to Gillette home field advantage would not shift with it. The crowds are the factor and with none any site is a neutral site.

I would imagines driving 20 minutes to the game versus a 6 hour flight, time change, and hotel stay would give a significant advantage to the home team.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they move it to Gilette it's not like there is some home field advantage do to crowd noise

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagines driving 20 minutes to the game versus a 6 hour flight, time change, and hotel stay would give a significant advantage to the home team.
Clearly it would, but very little compared to the crowd advantage. Would it make sense to move it to a different truly neutral site so both team would face the same logistics? But alas this discussion has become moot (which rarely stops me).

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for jet lag, road food and assholes pulling the alarms in hotels...yeah.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there are many positive attributes about playing games at home including crowd and better logistics, but some have more influence over the outcome than others.

Which do you think the Pats would choose: a) Play in Seattle in front of only New England fans (who traveled from NE) or at the Razor in front of only Seattle fans?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't turn the audio up to 138 decibels at the game Sunday. The league is requiring that the home team keep the decibel level equal for both teams and not turn the sound off for the home team. If you watched the patriots game, the only increase in the background was the three times the Patriots scored, otherwise it was a constant.

And there are league officials measuring sound levels at every game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't turn the audio up to 138 decibels at the game Sunday. The league is requiring that the home team keep the decibel level equal for both teams and not turn the sound off for the home team. If you watched the patriots game, the only increase in the background was the three times the Patriots scored, otherwise it was a constant.

And there are league officials measuring sound levels at every game.
I'd like to watch a game without the added sound and see if the viewing enjoyment is different. Same for the NBA games. The thought is the sound helps the enjoyment, but if it doesn't then why have it?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle gave up 434 passing yards last Sunday. If we play mistake free football, we'll win by 40
That would be quite the feat. Russ never gets blown out. Hawks have only lost by double digits 3 or 4 times, if that, since 2013

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if it doesn't then why have it?
Supposedly, it's for the players because there is a crowd and playing dead silence is like practice. That and the league doesn't want everyone hearing what's really being said during a game.

I've coached and officiated games where a flag was thrown, a player warned and a 15 yard penalty assessed because a kid just said, "fuck". He didn't say it to anyone or at anyone, he was frustrated and just said "fuck".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unsportsman-like conduct

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury Report for the Patriots Week 2

Friday, September 18, 2020​

PLAYERPOSITIONUPDATEDINJURYINJURY STATUS
Dalton KeeneTEFri, Sep 18NeckLimited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 2 at Seattle
Josh UcheLBFri, Sep 18AnkleOut for Week 2 at Seattle. Expected Return - Week 2
Matthew SlaterWRFri, Sep 18KneeLimited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 2 at Seattle

Thursday, September 17, 2020​

PLAYERPOSITIONUPDATEDINJURYINJURY STATUS
Adam ButlerDTThu, Sep 17ShoulderLimited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 2 at Seattle
Julian EdelmanWRThu, Sep 17KneeLimited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 2 at Seattle
Brandon CopelandOLBThu, Sep 17KneeLimited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 2 at Seattle
N'Keal HarryWRThu, Sep 17ShoulderLimited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 2 at Seattle

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning all. It's going to be a long ass day. The pup got me up at 6:30 am this morning to tell me to let her out or she'd piss on the office carpet. Once I have to walk to back and open the door, I'm up for the day. I DVR'd the Celtics last night and watched their win. Had 2-1/2 cups of coffee.

Can anyone tell me why people bring their kids to a relative's in a different neighborhood and let them screech at the top of their lungs at 7:30 am on a Sunday morning? Every fucking weekend our neighbors, who are Kenyan, let the grandkids run around screaming at the top of their lungs. There are eight condos behind us and everyone of them has someone coming out trying to tell them to quiet down. They get get the "We don't understand what you mean." The grandfather owns massive amounts of property in Niarobi and went back last January and hasn't been allowed to come back to America because of Covid. I could talk to him and he'd listen and do something.