• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #2 Patriots @ Seattle Seahawks 8:20 PM 9/20/20

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning all. It's going to be a long ass day. The pup got me up at 6:30 am this morning to tell me to let her out or she'd piss on the office carpet. Once I have to walk to back and open the door, I'm up for the day. I DVR'd the Celtics last night and watched their win. Had 2-1/2 cups of coffee.

Can anyone tell me why people bring their kids to a relative's in a different neighborhood and let them screech at the top of their lungs at 7:30 am on a Sunday morning? Every fucking weekend our neighbors, who are Kenyan, let the grandkids run around screaming at the top of their lungs. There are eight condos behind us and everyone of them has someone coming out trying to tell them to quiet down. They get get the "We don't understand what you mean." The grandfather owns massive amounts of property in Niarobi and went back last January and hasn't been allowed to come back to America because of Covid. I could talk to him and he'd listen and do something.
Would you rather have the neighbors who like to party loud by their fire pit until 3:00 am?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too optimistic. If Cam has to run in order to get some offense I think the Pats are in trouble.
The passing game takes more time for chemistry. With that said, I thought they did quite well. If Harry holds onto the ball the overall results would have looked far better, but they made enough plays to show promise.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The passing game takes more time for chemistry. With that said, I thought they did quite well. If Harry holds onto the ball the overall results would have looked far better, but they made enough plays to show promise.
Not a bad 1st preseason game really.....

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather have the neighbors who like to party loud by their fire pit until 3:00 am?
Got 1 on each side of me. We bought our house about 9 months ago and have called the police a dozen times.
And I’m on record not having a good feeling about this game. Hope I’m wrong but I see a 27-13 type of game .

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m on record not having a good feeling about this game. Hope I’m wrong but I see a 27-13 type of game .
I decided not to have any feelings for a while and just try to enjoy the games. We'll know soon enough what we actually have. It's so much fun playing with about 17 years worth of house money.

Roughly speaking on average, each team should have been to 4 superbowls and won 2. We've been to 11 and have won 6. Even better is we've compressed those positive results into 20 years.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF, The left edge was on the ground. Why cut up the middle when you can walk in around the end.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I dislike Cam I have to give him some props. That last drive was awesome, minus the final result. Wouldn't have been an issue if Folk could've done his job.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put this loss for the most part on the DB’s. Gilmore had his ass literally handed to him by Metcalf most of the night.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put this loss for the most part on the DB’s. Gilmore had his ass literally handed to him by Metcalf most of the night.
It was the entire defensive scheme. Too vanilla for the majority of the game. Yep you need to contain RW but dial up a blitz or change from zone to M2M. Don't keep getting burnt. The only success the D had was when they put some pressure on them.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilmore looked like a rookie (credit DK getting into his head)
Harry - A falling leaf gets him down
Special Teams - Not great
Bad play calling (design) on last play
Folk - MEH, knew he'd miss but that one hurt

Byrd - Starting to really like him
Newton - Pretty solid minus that one terrible INT

Honestly didn't think it be a close game but at least they had a chance at the end!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf is a rising star. I have him on my fantasy team.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“It was a great play by them,” he said. “It’s a play we had favored into the gameplan. We ran it a couple of times. I said we probably went to the well too many times, but at the end of the day, I still felt confident about it. I just have to execute. … Looking at the clip. I have to be better. I have to be better at the end.”

Newton added: “I just didn’t make everybody right. That’s the only thing I regret. In that type of situation, it’s humbling to be able to have the respect of the team to have the ball in my hands. I just have to deliver.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First.....the defense wasn't all that bad. Metcalf is a beast. 6'4" 245 and the guy has a vertical of 42" Gilmore is good but DK just pushes 210lb CBs away. None are his size or strength. DK didn't break 100 and he had 1 TD. Wilson threw 5 so the rest of the DBs were a little to blame. The scheme was bad for the D. They need to dial up a 6 or 7 man blitz at least two or three times a game and reall keep the QB honest. Wilson might have been just a little bit less confident if the Pats had turned up the steam.

The final play was a total bullshit play. Seattle called time out substituted a defense that they had practiced all week for just that play and stopped it dead. If Cam had taken the snap and immediately moved laterally to his right, the entire Seahawk defense would bitten and gone with hi, Three steps, stop. Turn back and throw to a WR hanging back at the two or three and that's game. I think cam had options but made the decision before the huddle broke. He was going to run the ball and everyone on both sides knew it and the Seahawks had eight or ten pairs of fresh legs out there.

We need a fucking kicker. Folk sucks and we have to punt because we can't kick more than 35 yards. Butker broke two records with two 58 yard FGs against the Chargers. He's won both games for the Chiefs and is earning his paycheck. BB has to get off his ass and sign anyone who's ever kicked a football. Jeezuz, baily is kicking off and probably can kick better than Folk. I fault BB on this.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody burn that game plan!
Secondary couldn't stop anybody.
Offense had what, 3 plays in the book? Either Cam is not getting playbook or the playbook is on a napkin. Nice job Josh.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilmore looked like a rookie (credit DK getting into his head)
Harry - A falling leaf gets him down
Special Teams - Not great
Bad play calling (design) on last play
Folk - MEH, knew he'd miss but that one hurt

Byrd - Starting to really like him
Newton - Pretty solid minus that one terrible INT

Honestly didn't think it be a close game but at least they had a chance at the end!
1) Harry made plays... It's a start.
2) The Play call on the last play was fine... the first five times they called it. Sheesh, they might have well drawn an arrow on the field indicating where the play was going.
3) Newton was great most of the game but results matter and he laid an egg on the last play. He had the entire width of the field and went into the only spot with teeth.
4) You chose the glass is half full and that's fine, but the glass half empty says they gave away a winnable game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“It was a great play by them,” he said. “It’s a play we had favored into the gameplan. We ran it a couple of times. I said we probably went to the well too many times, but at the end of the day, I still felt confident about it. I just have to execute. … Looking at the clip. I have to be better. I have to be better at the end.”

Newton added: “I just didn’t make everybody right. That’s the only thing I regret. In that type of situation, it’s humbling to be able to have the respect of the team to have the ball in my hands. I just have to deliver.
That sounds like a Drew Bledsoe quote, and he never learned his own weaknesses. Mea culpa is fine, but it has to be more than words.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Harry made plays... It's a start.
2) The Play call on the last play was fine... the first five times they called it. Sheesh, they might have well drawn an arrow on the field indicating where the play was going.
3) Newton was great most of the game but results matter and he laid an egg on the last play. He had the entire width of the field and went into the only spot with teeth.
4) You chose the glass is half full and that's fine, but the glass half empty says they gave away a winnable game.
1: Did he though? Still can't break a tackle
2: I was referring to the last play
3: Yeah, he should have seen field better but crap happens
4: It was a winnable game no doubt but the way they fought back is a plus. Not sure last year they would have

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss is squarely on BB and Josh.

1. Had BB addressed the kicking game with some legit thought NE wins this game by one point.
2. Everyone on the world even the Shaolin Monks knew NE was going to run a QB draw for Cam stupid call.
3. To date impressed with Cam.
4. Harry showed some toughness
5. O line looked good.

1-1

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss is squarely on BB and Josh.

1. Had BB addressed the kicking game with some legit thought NE wins this game by one point.
2. Everyone on the world even the Shaolin Monks knew NE was going to run a QB draw for Cam stupid call.
3. To date impressed with Cam.
4. Harry showed some toughness
5. O line looked good.

1-1
All this but I think the kicking game may be the result of the tight cap space throughout the spring. You are right that it falls on BB, but it's deeper than just "he didn't make sure we had a kicker who could reliably kick". There are other zigs and zags too that impact this.