• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #13 Patriots vs Rams Thursday December 10, 2020 8:20 PM EST NFL Network (Some ABC)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side of things coming from this game....

How about our team MVP Mr. Nick Folk going 1-1 on his FG attempt. Yeah baby!

View attachment 260117
Yes Yes everyone here knows that Mr Folk knows exactly how the top of your head looks, to the most , to the very finest of details

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Yes everyone here knows that Mr Folk knows exactly how the top of your head looks, to the most , to the very finest of details
and I'm sure you don't want the Tucker or Zuerlein retreads after their teams cut them for their missed field goals Monday.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams drive for opening TD like a hot knife through butter.

Almost shut it off right then.

But being a masochist I watched it all...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams drive for opening TD like a hot knife through butter.

Almost shut it off right then.

But being a masochist I watched it all...

So many missed tackles and gapping holes

Yes I watched entire thing.... Even recorded it.... Which I probably should delete since I don't want to see that crap again

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southie, You really have to take off those Red, Blue and Silver specs. You refuse to say anything negative as if you're defending Patriots Fandom. I've been a fan of this team since 1960. My mancave is a Patriots Cave. I'll defend this team to the death, but in 2020 this is not what what we've bcome used to over the past twenty years and making comments and pointing out faults doesn't detract from the history. The issue is recognizing problems and doing something to correct them and Bill just seems to be refusing to do that. Bill belichick is not the same "Hall of fane" coach in 2020 that he was in 2010. I'm sorry, but his ego is a part of him and to me, it appears to clouding his better judgement.
It's all good Ken. I agree with you - we should be able to point out faults.
I was just pointing out yours! LOL!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always record. In case I want to re-watch.

No re-watching of this one.

Yeah... I never had DVR until a couple of months ago thanks to a Bday gift from my sister. So I DVR the games now. Won't be re-watching this game however

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southie, You really have to take off those Red, Blue and Silver specs. You refuse to say anything negative as if you're defending Patriots Fandom. I've been a fan of this team since 1960. My mancave is a Patriots Cave. I'll defend this team to the death, but in 2020 this is not what what we've bcome used to over the past twenty years and making comments and pointing out faults doesn't detract from the history. The issue is recognizing problems and doing something to correct them and Bill just seems to be refusing to do that. Bill belichick is not the same "Hall of fane" coach in 2020 that he was in 2010. I'm sorry, but his ego is a part of him and to me, it appears to clouding his better judgement.
Agree and maybe it's time BB hires some real coaches not his kids who'd likely be flipping burgers if BB wasn't their dad.

Well I'm at it, maybe hire a GM? I think BB is taking on too much which is also clouding his judgement.

With the picks they have coming up, guys returning from Covid, plenty of cap space and likely a mid teen first round pick, BB needs to get this team back to being a contender next year. No excuse. Pay the money for a QB if Stid isn't the answer. Or package players and picks, move up in the draft and actually find an impact starter. QB, DE, LB or whatever.

Tired of picking up reclamation projects and hoping they don't blow out a knee again. Or hoping an UDFA becomes an impact player. Hope is not a strategy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and maybe it's time BB hires some real coaches not his kids who'd likely be flipping burgers if BB wasn't their dad.

Well I'm at it, maybe hire a GM? I think BB is taking on too much which is also clouding his judgement.

With the picks they have coming up, guys returning from Covid, plenty of cap space and likely a mid teen first round pick, BB needs to get this team back to being a contender next year. No excuse. Pay the money for a QB if Stid isn't the answer. Or package players and picks, move up in the draft and actually find an impact starter. QB, DE, LB or whatever.

Tired of picking up reclamation projects and hoping they don't blow out a knee again. Or hoping an UDFA becomes an impact player. Hope is not a strategy.
Pay money for a QB?
Just go down to the QB store and slap that money on the table?
Name one available QB that we'd say, "Wow! That's our guy!"
The fact is, half the teams in the league need an upgrade at QB.
If Stidham is not our guy, we are in deep shit!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the draft order is set, the Patriots brain trust has to look very closely at who is drafting in front of them and if those teams need a starting QB. Then they can look at the arms available and make a list of their top ten, not Walter or anyone else. The list of QBs who are free agents isn't impressive but there are rumors that Carson Wentz and Mitch Trubisky will be available. Dak Prescott will be a free agent but isn't listed because it's believed that Jerry Jones will pay him. I don't think that Dak has any intention of playing for the Cowbvoys, and that's my opinion based on how Pissed Dak was being franchised. I don't know if any of those three would fit into Josh's system, if Josh is still here.

The patriots wi;; have money but the League and the NFLPA decided to keep the present cap in place at $198.6M for 2021 and that's going to keep teams pretty much level. If they had reset the cap by the normal revenue system, according to cap experts, the absolute top number would have been $152M. That would have forced a shitload of salary cuts and teams like the Chiefs, Bucs, Saints and Cowboys would have been seriously hit. 2022,2023 and possibly 2024 will have to be held at $198.6M in order to make up for the 2020 losses and adjusted based on league revenue. The thing to remember is that Television revenues are what's keeping heads above water. Loss of ticket and concession revenue is massive and equally interesting is that team and league apparel revenue is also down 53% because people aren't working.

Without question, having $132M in cap space with the cap set at $198.6 will give BB and Caserio alot of purchasing power. let's hope thay don't go bargain hunting in week two of free agency.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's 3 names - Wentz, Trubisky, and Dak. All 3 will be overpriced.
Dak may never be the guy he was and Cowboys could likely be talked out f him. It would be steep......

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay money for a QB?
Just go down to the QB store and slap that money on the table?
Name one available QB that we'd say, "Wow! That's our guy!"
The fact is, half the teams in the league need an upgrade at QB.
If Stidham is not our guy, we are in deep shit!
There is always the possibilty of trading for a starter? Not just FA and the draft and I'm not talking just 2021. He had the option last year. He could've paid TB or any of the other QBs who changed teams last year.

I should've been more clear spending $ wasn't just for the QB it was for a DE or LB as well. Tired of picking off the trash heap. He's got the $ and the picks. So I'm sure that means he'll use his first pick on a kid from jr. college with two bad wheels.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always the possibilty of trading for a starter? Not just FA and the draft and I'm not talking just 2021. He had the option last year. He could've paid TB or any of the other QBs who changed teams last year.

I should've been more clear spending $ wasn't just for the QB it was for a DE or LB as well. Tired of picking off the trash heap. He's got the $ and the picks. So I'm sure that means he'll use his first pick on a kid from jr. college with two bad wheels.
Tom had already made the decision to go - even if we threw money at him.
We did not have the money to chase QB starters that were good choices. Name 1?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try to look it up tomorrow...but I remember an article where TB said he never looked at the offer BB made.
That's just rude.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try to look it up tomorrow...but I remember an article where TB said he never looked at the offer BB made.
That's just rude.
It may just have meant he didn't want his mind changed.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just off the top of my head and I didn't look contracts up because players do take less to play in NE. There is/was or could've been deals struck for players and portions of contracts...

Rivers would be my first choice. He's a whiner but I could live with that. He was likely top dollar of this group I'm guessing? Or IND picking up Rivers could've possibly opened the door for a Brisset return? Maybe BB did try to make that happen?

Teddy Bridgewater. I would glady have taken over Cam.

Foles probably cost too much for his potential but again someone I would've taken over Cam.

I'm sure there are others I'm fogetting? Suffice to say there were other options and who knows who else may have been made available if NE came knocking with the right offer?

Sure it's more difficult to find a dance partner because they're the Pats.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on Foles, Rivers, Brissett. Would have considered Bridgewater.
too costly rivers 25 mil bridge 21 foles/brisset are back ups and doubt either team wanted to trade them