• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #1 Dolphins vs Patriots Sunday 9/1/2021 4:25 PM EST CBS

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting film about the game

1. Two plays prior to his fumble, Harris asked to be taken out. He was 100% gassed. The coaches knew and yet sent him back after a drink of Gatorade and about 60 seconds rest.

2. Jackobi Johnson missed his block on the Stevenson fumble and from the film, it appears that he was not prepared to be hit and wasn't in a defensive posture for it. If JJ had done his job, the fumble most likely would not have happened.

3. Patriots were called for 9 penalties. Totally out of the typical BB team character.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevenson had a rough day. Was in on 5 plays total(I think). The fumble was bad. Whether or not is was or wasn't. hold on to the damn ball. Don't let some replay official decide your fate. And boy oh boy did Elandon Roberts destroy him on his blocking assignment. I was embarrassed for him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point!!!!

Opening drive score and I even said that the D looked like bar room doors.

Oddly enough, exactly the same on the opening drive of the second half.

It's as if they're just not ready to play football.

If it makes you feel better, then blame Matty P. I blame Mayo and S. Belichick for not sitting a couple of guys and putting a bench or rookie in to play. Bill doesn't have any issues with punishing players.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins played only two defenses.

5 Back - 6 men up front and 5 DBs. Patriots did well against it and moved the ball, especially on the ground.

Standard - 7 men in the box and 4 DBs. This one stopped the run cold and the Patriots continued to run and get stonewalled.

The question is this, Why was Josh calling more pass plays against the Standard when Elandon Roberts was in the middle. The guy can't cover toast with a gob of peanut butter and butter knife.

That and why wasn't Mac allowed to call an audible or two? He even admitted that he "was just doing what I was told."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5 Back - 6 men up front and 5 DBs. Patriots did well against it and moved the ball, especially on the ground.

Standard - 7 men in the box and 4 DBs. This one stopped the run cold and the Patriots continued to run and get stonewalled.

The question is this, Why was Josh calling more pass plays against the Standard when Elandon Roberts was in the middle. The guy can't cover toast with a gob of peanut butter and butter knife.

That and why wasn't Mac allowed to call an audible or two? He even admitted that he "was just doing what I was told."
Assitional pressure in his 1st start?????

Fact of the matter was this game plan would have won the game if we had just 1 less bad play of the 9 penalties and 4 fumbles!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Assitional pressure in his 1st start?????

Fact of the matter was this game plan would have won the game if we had just 1 less bad play of the 9 penalties and 4 fumbles!
Let's face it. Mac out played the game plan and it's not easy to just change the plan mid game. Audibles are codes and the codes change from game to game (to keep them cryptic). You don't have audibles if you didn't plan to use them. Of course there are some to signal a player to react to a change in the defense, but maybe not enough to signal WRs to switch from blocking assignments to a scripted route.

Add to it that the game was in control until the last fumble.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it. Mac out played the game plan and it's not easy to just change the plan mid game. Audibles are codes and the codes change from game to game (to keep them cryptic). You don't have audibles if you didn't plan to use them. Of course there are some to signal a player to react to a change in the defense, but maybe not enough to signal WRs to switch from blocking assignments to a scripted route.

Add to it that the game was in control until the last fumble.
If they had just put in a code when Roberts was in, they could send TE across the middle and beat him like a red headed step child. He's never on the field for a passing down. The man cannot run with a TE, RB or WR. He's outstanding against the run but just plain sucks against any pass. He had the same problem when he played here and BB never left him in when it was 3rd and 3+ yards.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had just put in a code when Roberts was in, they could send TE across the middle and beat him like a red headed step child. He's never on the field for a passing down. The man cannot run with a TE, RB or WR. He's outstanding against the run but just plain sucks against any pass. He had the same problem when he played here and BB never left him in when it was 3rd and 3+ yards.
My guess: It's coming.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevenson had a rough day. Was in on 5 plays total(I think). The fumble was bad. Whether or not is was or wasn't. hold on to the damn ball. Don't let some replay official decide your fate. And boy oh boy did Elandon Roberts destroy him on his blocking assignment. I was embarrassed for him.
Too much has been made about Roberts taking advantage of a rookie. Stevenson just learned to get his center of gravity low for any block. Roberts has a low center to begin with and hit Stevenson while he was upright... another word for that is "TIMBER!"...