• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #1 Dolphins vs Patriots Sunday 9/1/2021 4:25 PM EST CBS

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st and 10 and your QB is hitting long, short and medium range passes. He just took the team 65 yards.

You don't run outside the tackles. You call Stevenson and tell him that you trust him not to cough it up. IF you HAVE to run the ball.

They could have taken a knee three times and ate up at least 1;30 even with the two minute warning and kicked a FG. 19-17. Tua didn't do badly, but he wasn't going to move the Fins 75 yards in 1:30. This is way out over the edge, but it was a better idea than running the ball.

This is on BB & Josh. It's a habit BB & he cannot break. Screw the clock. Do what's working best and make the opposition stop you.

This shows mistrust in Mac.
Can't agree. Run call there is the right call. No one expected Harris to fumble.

At that point it should've been run, run, maybe a pass. Maybe. Use the clock, Mia's D was tiring. Maybe you get one in the EZ? If not take 3 with just over a minute to go.

Does not show mistrust in Jones.

Maybe the needed to remind Harris to just hold onto the rock if they hadn't?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't agree. Run call there is the right call. No one expected Harris to fumble.

At that point it should've been run, run, maybe a pass. Maybe. Use the clock, Mia's D was tiring. Maybe you get one in the EZ? If not take 3 with just over a minute to go.

Does not show mistrust in Jones.

Maybe the needed to remind Harris to just hold onto the rock if they hadn't?
Believe it or not Harris has been carrying a ball with him day and night since Wednesday according to Phil Perry before the game yesterday.

Eating the clock has become a standard practice in football for the past twenty years. Screw that. Do what you're doing best and yesterday that was actually very short passes that were getting four or five yards. I the Pats had done that, they would have eaten up at least a minute and been able to bring in Folk for the FG.

We can argue all month as to what was a better way to finish the drive. The fumble cost them the game and gave me flashbacks to 2020 with Cam.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not Harris has been carrying a ball with him day and night since Wednesday according to Phil Perry before the game yesterday.

Eating the clock has become a standard practice in football for the past twenty years. Screw that. Do what you're doing best and yesterday that was actually very short passes that were getting four or five yards. I the Pats had done that, they would have eaten up at least a minute and been able to bring in Folk for the FG.

We can argue all month as to what was a better way to finish the drive. The fumble cost them the game and gave me flashbacks to 2020 with Cam.
Good, I hope he continues to carry it next week. That was his 2nd fumble in 164 carries, NE WAS GETTING 4.2 yards on the ground. He had 0 fumbles in almost 500 carries at Alabama.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run is the ONLY choice here.
What happens to Mac's psyche if he pulls a Russell Wilson down there?

Jones got you into position to win. Don't chance it.

If Stevenson hadn't already fumbled and got pancaked in a blocking assignment, he's likely in there.

I think you'll be on an island with your choice if the others comment.

Run, run, runs worst case FG. Win opporrunity at the point probably over 90%

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only was able to see about 8 minutes of the game because I was at a family gathering but I heard most of it on the radio on the drive home... To me the biggest issues was the offensive line didn't seem great (Brown out sucks) and the Front seven on the D didn't do a good enough job either.. Obviously a major costly fumble at the end but that's not why they lost the game.

Mac looked great and so far looks like he can run this team! I know the announcers (granted they were ex Pats) were absolutely gushing over him at some of the plays he made during the game

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only was able to see about 8 minutes of the game because I was at a family gathering but I heard most of it on the radio on the drive home... To me the biggest issues was the offensive line didn't seem great (Brown out sucks) and the Front seven on the D didn't do a good enough job either.. Obviously a major costly fumble at the end but that's not why they lost the game.

Mac looked great and so far looks like he can run this team! I know the announcers (granted they were ex Pats) were absolutely gushing over him at some of the plays he made during the game

He still has a lot to learn but overall he looked very good for his 1st NFL game. They need to protect the kid better before he get killed.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still has a lot to learn but overall he looked very good for his 1st NFL game. They need to protect the kid better before he get killed.

Yeah the play by play guys were killing the Patriots OL stating he would get killed. I know it was the first game but the OL was not sharp at all. Still wish they came away with the "W" but I was impressed by Mac at least

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Brown?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also hate that the announcers kept adding a "N" to Tua's last name. Where the hell are they from Ellis Island?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"SHIELD WALL": I guess I disagree with a few posters. I think the Stevenson fumble was indeed a fumble, looked to me that he lost control prior to contact with the ground. "SHIELD WALL"...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the play by play guys were killing the Patriots OL stating he would get killed. I know it was the first game but the OL was not sharp at all. Still wish they came away with the "W" but I was impressed by Mac at least
O-line was not bad - they got outplayed to some extent. They were resting on their laurels.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line was not bad - they got outplayed to some extent. They were resting on their laurels.

I can only base that off of the like 5-8 minutes I saw and then the radio commentators doing play by play on the car ride home

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was totally decided by mistakes.
Lots of untimely penalties, turnovers and bad calls by refs.

Yeah talk about being undisciplined for sure. Two fumbles that never should have been and a HUGE holding calling when they scored the TD to tie it 7-7 only to settle for 3

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"SHIELD WALL": I guess I disagree with a few posters. I think the Stevenson fumble was indeed a fumble, looked to me that he lost control prior to contact with the ground. "SHIELD WALL"...
What did you think of the blind side block called on Mason? To me it seemed completely incidental and initiated by the defender crossing into Mason's path?

It became a non-issue when they picked up the first