• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fyre Fraud and Fyre (2019 Hulu and Netflix Documentaries)

drbuck10

Viva La Revolucion
Hoopla Cash
$ 877.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit is Billy McFarland one of this generation's biggest douchebags. I'm sure most of us know of the clusterfuck that was the Fyre Festival, but this documentary shows how TRULY disorganized it was. Definitely worth a watch

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit is Billy McFarland one of this generation's biggest douchebags. I'm sure most of us know of the clusterfuck that was the Fyre Festival, but this documentary shows how TRULY disorganized it was. Definitely worth a watch
I was just browsing through Hulu and saw this option. I don’t think I ever heard of the Fyre Festival. How long is the doc?

drbuck10

Viva La Revolucion
Hoopla Cash
$ 877.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just browsing through Hulu and saw this option. I don’t think I ever heard of the Fyre Festival. How long is the doc?
about 90 minutes. It's a doc on Billy McFarland but it takes a pretty scathing look at millennial culture.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed that Netflix has made a doc about this as well. I haven’t watched either yet.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed that Netflix has made a doc about this as well. I haven’t watched either yet.
i'd recommend both, though the netflix doc does have this story

“Billy [McFarland] called and said, ‘Andy, we need you to take one big thing for the team.,” King explains on-camera in the newly released Fyre documentary. “And I said, ‘Oh my gosh, I’ve been taking something for the team every day.’

“He said, ‘Well, you’re our wonderful gay leader and we need you to go down, will you suck dick to fix this water problem?’ And I said, ‘Billy, what?’ And he said, ‘Andy, if you will go down and suck Cunningham’s dick, who is the head of customs, and get him to clear all of the containers with water, you will save this festival.’”

This is the same guy who admits he would break into tears whenever he was alone for a second, as Fyre became more and more out of his control. King was fully prepared to go down, to the festival site and otherwise, if it meant keeping the festival afloat — and more importantly, the thirst of attendees quenched. Thankfully, customs let the water go with no dirty deeds done, but the festival failed miserably anyways. Still, this guy is some kind of hero.

“Can you imagine, in my 30 years of career that this was what I was going to do?,” he says. “I was going to do that, honestly, to save the festival.”

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able to watch both last night.

Omg. I am almost completely unplugged from social media, so if I had heard of this before, I had completely forgotten about it. What an epic shitshow. And yes, this McFarland guy has some serious issues.

The Hulu version (Fyre Fraud) seemed to gloss over things a bit, but it also seemed to be the more serious of the two, seeing as the had more of the real players’ interviews (they actually got McFarland to participate, interestingly enough). It was interesting that the Hulu one talked smack about the Netflix doc at the end, saying it was a bit of a puff piece, but when I actually watched the Netflix doc, it was almost MORE scathing. Sure, it completely sidestepped Fuck Jerry’s involvement, but it dealt more with how it fucked over the Bahamas and the personal toll it took on people.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able to watch both last night.

Omg. I am almost completely unplugged from social media, so if I had heard of this before, I had completely forgotten about it. What an epic shitshow. And yes, this McFarland guy has some serious issues.

The Hulu version (Fyre Fraud) seemed to gloss over things a bit, but it also seemed to be the more serious of the two, seeing as the had more of the real players’ interviews (they actually got McFarland to participate, interestingly enough). It was interesting that the Hulu one talked smack about the Netflix doc at the end, saying it was a bit of a puff piece, but when I actually watched the Netflix doc, it was almost MORE scathing. Sure, it completely sidestepped Fuck Jerry’s involvement, but it dealt more with how it fucked over the Bahamas and the personal toll it took on people.
yeah they both shit on eachother. hulu for paying McFarland $250k for his participation and netflix for using Fuck Jerry.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to know how much Ja Rule agreed to pay Billy McFarland to get him to take the fall for all this. Because it's obvious after watching both docs that he and McFarland were partners in crime from day one. Hell, Ja Rule even appears to be the one leading McFarland and his group at times. But somehow he managed to come out unscathed.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd recommend both, though the netflix doc does have this story

“Billy [McFarland] called and said, ‘Andy, we need you to take one big thing for the team.,” King explains on-camera in the newly released Fyre documentary. “And I said, ‘Oh my gosh, I’ve been taking something for the team every day.’

“He said, ‘Well, you’re our wonderful gay leader and we need you to go down, will you suck dick to fix this water problem?’ And I said, ‘Billy, what?’ And he said, ‘Andy, if you will go down and suck Cunningham’s dick, who is the head of customs, and get him to clear all of the containers with water, you will save this festival.’”

This is the same guy who admits he would break into tears whenever he was alone for a second, as Fyre became more and more out of his control. King was fully prepared to go down, to the festival site and otherwise, if it meant keeping the festival afloat — and more importantly, the thirst of attendees quenched. Thankfully, customs let the water go with no dirty deeds done, but the festival failed miserably anyways. Still, this guy is some kind of hero.

“Can you imagine, in my 30 years of career that this was what I was going to do?,” he says. “I was going to do that, honestly, to save the festival.”
the memes going along with that dude are great

thumb_49741167_328557194426631_8592195223813549204_n-3876458411.jpg

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to know how much Ja Rule agreed to pay Billy McFarland to get him to take the fall for all this. Because it's obvious after watching both docs that he and McFarland were partners in crime from day one. Hell, Ja Rule even appears to be the one leading McFarland and his group at times. But somehow he managed to come out unscathed.
I don't know how you got that out of it. McFarland seemed to be jumping from one scheme to the next to pay for the previous one. I feel bad for the people that created the fyre app, as it sounded like it could have been profitable. I would imagine it similar to whatever that stupid one is where you can pay a celebrity x amount of money to send you a personalized message.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the memes going along with that dude are great

thumb_49741167_328557194426631_8592195223813549204_n-3876458411.jpg
guy was all class, going back to brush is teeth and gurgle some mouthwash pre-fellatio.