• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FREE AT LAST FREE AT LAST

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. If you are the coach of the Niners, Eagles, or Rams you don't have a great QB option and the draft is looking a little suspect. Why wouldn't you sign someone like RGIII? Give him a prove it contract and make it work to show he can do the job.

RGIII probably won't turn into anything but if he decides to dedicate himself to the game and learn to be an actual pro QB he could be a steal.

IMO, I don't want the Rams to get him.

My stance is, "It'd just be a waste of time." Hey maybe RG3 will completely prove most folks wrong and go to a change of scenery and kill it, but I personally don't think that will happen... and I wouldn't want my team wasting time on him. I guess if you think you're a QB away from the Super Bowl... but c'mon. MOST QBs take time to gel with teams/playbooks and RG3 hasn't played football in a while either. It's not like it's a seasoned veteran like Manning or Montana, etc.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My stance is, "It'd just be a waste of time." Hey maybe RG3 will completely prove most folks wrong and go to a change of scenery and kill it, but I personally don't think that will happen... and I wouldn't want my team wasting time on him. I guess if you think you're a QB away from the Super Bowl... but c'mon. MOST QBs take time to gel with teams/playbooks and RG3 hasn't played football in a while either. It's not like it's a seasoned veteran like Manning or Montana, etc.

The question boils down to who are the alternatives?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team that picks him up has a slim chance to go anywhere. RG3 is a run and gun style QB and teams figured him out extremely quickly the following seasons. It the first option isn't there, he's off running usually.

If by some miracle he is put in a system to succeed by a good coach (like what Harbs did for Kaep) he's still a HUGE liability because of his injury history.

If I was a fan of a team needing a QB he'd be towards the bottom of the list in players I'd want starting. And God willing he actually stays healthy this year and gets a huge contract because the injuries are just a matter of time. Outside of injuries, I just don't think RG3 is that good. I never liked him coming out of college and predicted him as a bust.

Yes, he is, but you need to go back to his rookie season and I think we can see why he took his CFB game to the pros....he didn't know anything else. The WAS staff was under pressure to win now, so the Shanny's decided to let him run the college stuff because that's what he knew and would be the most successful early...then the plan was to ween him off that OFC to become a WC OFC QB...obviously it never materalized.

IDK what RG3 is going to be, but I do know that he's got NFL QB talent...Idt you want to try to turn him into Joe Flacco, but imo he can be shaped into a Russell Wilson like player. Effective throwing and running without taking so many big hits.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Manziel over RG3 at this point. Both are headcases/drama queens, but Manziel showed some flashes and Cleveland is where every QB goes to die. Get Johnny out of Cleveland and into an organization with some stability and I think he could do decently. That is not Dallas, San Fran, and NY media/market would eat him alive. Houston + Manziel I think would be a good fit.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Redskins will release Robert Griffin III this offseason.:suds:

This is not exactly breaking news. Washington was never going to pay Griffin's $16.155 million, fifth-year option, and Griffin was not going to restructure his deal just to spend another season sitting behind Kirk Cousins. It is just a matter of time. The interesting part of the report is Rapoport's assertion that owner Daniel Snyder forced GM Scot McCloughan and coach Jay Gruden to keep Griffin on the roster all season. Even with a great personnel man and a good coach, Snyder cannot stop meddling. Griffin should reemerge in a quarterback battle or as a high-profile backup next season.

Does Dallas has their new QB:suds:

Not trying to defend Snyder here but if I was the owner who gave up 3 first rounders, I'd want RGIII on the bench until his contract runs out.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Redskins will release Robert Griffin III this offseason.:suds:

This is not exactly breaking news. Washington was never going to pay Griffin's $16.155 million, fifth-year option, and Griffin was not going to restructure his deal just to spend another season sitting behind Kirk Cousins. It is just a matter of time. The interesting part of the report is Rapoport's assertion that owner Daniel Snyder forced GM Scot McCloughan and coach Jay Gruden to keep Griffin on the roster all season. Even with a great personnel man and a good coach, Snyder cannot stop meddling. Griffin should reemerge in a quarterback battle or as a high-profile backup next season.

Does Dallas has their new QB:suds:

Hope so. Im a fan of train wreck recreations. And Griffin in Dallas will be an EPIC train wreck. :suds:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos on the DIV title, but Gruden is still trying to find his way as a HC...far from "good" at this point. I think if Romo doesn't go down, DAL wins the east and we're probably talking about yet another HC in WAS.

RG3...if I were his agent...I'd be calling HOU 1st...CLE is most likely going to draft a kid, but SF could make sense if Kelly ends up out there.

In DAL...he's a backup until '17 at least.

OK so lets say Romo and DEZ stay healthy, Dallas walks away with the Division and even sweeps the Skins.

Skins would still have finished 8-8 after a 4-12 season.

As a Skins fan.. I got to call that a positive for our team considering the fact that some people had us LUCKY to win 3 games with Kirk as the starter.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Manziel over RG3 at this point. Both are headcases/drama queens, but Manziel showed some flashes and Cleveland is where every QB goes to die. Get Johnny out of Cleveland and into an organization with some stability and I think he could do decently. That is not Dallas, San Fran, and NY media/market would eat him alive. Houston + Manziel I think would be a good fit.

Manziel is ten times the headcase that RGIII is. You don't see RGIII in off the field trouble. He got arrogant after all the pub he got early in his career and stopped working on his craft and it costed him. Everybody deserves a 2nd chance though. Manziel has had how many chances now and continues to do whatever he wants? But yeah, I wouldn't touch Manziel with a ten foot pole if I was an NFL team. RGIII is better than him in every way.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel is ten times the headcase that RGIII is. You don't see RGIII in off the field trouble. He got arrogant after all the pub he got early in his career and stopped working on his craft and it costed him. Everybody deserves a 2nd chance though. Manziel has had how many chances now and continues to do whatever he wants? But yeah, I wouldn't touch Manziel with a ten foot pole if I was an NFL team. RGIII is better than him in every way.

Okay.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with Griffin is, after all that has happened he STILL thinks none of this was his fault. Now I would agree Manziel is much more screwed up in an obvious way. But as some one that follows the Redskins, all I see from Griffin at this point is a kid who still thinks he was blameless in all this. Even his last little parting shot was basically a biblical quote saying " I can do anything I want" and a weird assed poem that in the end was reminding him that none of this was his fault. As a physical talent, if healthy, Griffin might actually be worth a shot. But from a mental stand point, I seriously think he wil have the same issues he had with Shannahan and Gruden. He has a serious GOD complex that he may have hidden this past season, but that fucker aint ever going away.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Griffin is, after all that has happened he STILL thinks none of this was his fault. Now I would agree Manziel is much more screwed up in an obvious way. But as some one that follows the Redskins, all I see from Griffin at this point is a kid who still thinks he was blameless in all this. Even his last little parting shot was basically a biblical quote saying " I can do anything I want" and a weird assed poem that in the end was reminding him that none of this was his fault. As a physical talent, if healthy, Griffin might actually be worth a shot. But from a mental stand point, I seriously think he wil have the same issues he had with Shannahan and Gruden. He has a serious GOD complex that he may have hidden this past season, but that fucker aint ever going away.

I tend to side more with RGIII than I do with the Redskins on what happened. I'm not trying to say he's blameless. I even admitted that he's arrogant in my other post here. But what athlete isn't arrogant about his skills? There are very few truly humble in this league if you think about it. In a perfect world, nobody would have to sign RGIII, but with the way the QB market is this offseason, he's going to get his shot somewhere. It may work out, it may not. But I don't really think he has what it takes to win on the big stage. You might be able to pull what the Redskins did his rookie year and make a small run, but nothing crazy. I see RGIII as a slightly above average QB at best. And that's if healthy and able to use his legs as a weapon.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone just remember if you take on RG III's problems, you also take on his Father's. I'd still take the family duo over Manziel.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to side more with RGIII than I do with the Redskins on what happened. I'm not trying to say he's blameless. I even admitted that he's arrogant in my other post here. But what athlete isn't arrogant about his skills? There are very few truly humble in this league if you think about it. In a perfect world, nobody would have to sign RGIII, but with the way the QB market is this offseason, he's going to get his shot somewhere. It may work out, it may not. But I don't really think he has what it takes to win on the big stage. You might be able to pull what the Redskins did his rookie year and make a small run, but nothing crazy. I see RGIII as a slightly above average QB at best. And that's if healthy and able to use his legs as a weapon.

There is a difference between arrogant and Narcissistic. I totally agree he is going to get another shot some place. And I fully expect he will get another coach fired. Again I will admit, his issue isnt lacking ability from a physical stand point. And I doubt you will ever see him getting in trouble for beating women, drinking, or guns. But his biggest issue is, he honestly thinks he doesnt NEED to adjust his game or put in the mental work aspect of the game. And while I thought we gave up entirely too much in the trade, I was hoping he would prove me wrong and be worth it in the end. But the moment he resorted to blaming coaches, team mates and ever one but himself for his own performances, I was pretty much done with him. IN the end he wont fail due to a physical inability to play the position. It will be because he doesnt have what it takes to honestly accept his own short comings and address them. He feels he is above the team. And if he gets into a situation where the owner puts him above the coach again, well you can count another coach as fired.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so lets say Romo and DEZ stay healthy, Dallas walks away with the Division and even sweeps the Skins.

Skins would still have finished 8-8 after a 4-12 season.

As a Skins fan.. I got to call that a positive for our team considering the fact that some people had us LUCKY to win 3 games with Kirk as the starter.

I would call that a positive as well...I think 8-8 could probably have been delivered by either QB imo considering the DIV was down this year...nothing against Cousins at all. Mostly talking about the future of RG3..fits, etc.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would call that a positive as well...I think 8-8 could probably have been delivered by either QB imo considering the DIV was down this year...nothing against Cousins at all. Mostly talking about the future of RG3..fits, etc.

In a vacuum, with no outside eyes looking in.. and if Gruden was willing to do what Shannahan did and build the offense to Griffins strengths alone... sure maybe. But in the sense that Griffin would have played as well as Cousins in this offense and gotten us 8-8.... I think had Griffin started we would be asking who is going to be the coach of the Redskins this year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a vacuum, with no outside eyes looking in.. and if Gruden was willing to do what Shannahan did and build the offense to Griffins strengths alone... sure maybe. But in the sense that Griffin would have played as well as Cousins in this offense and gotten us 8-8.... I think had Griffin started we would be asking who is going to be the coach of the Redskins this year.

I'm not a fan of either of the Shanny's to be honest, but under the circumstance of win now...I get it. Cousins was always more prepared to run a pro style OFC coming out of college.

RG3 just had too much success doing that his rookie year and probably had convinced himself that was going to continue....he's a strip down, do over project...but he has to buy into learning to play the game a different way...humbled...maybe that time has come.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of either of the Shanny's to be honest, but under the circumstance of win now...I get it. Cousins was always more prepared to run a pro style OFC coming out of college.

RG3 just had too much success doing that his rookie year and probably had convinced himself that was going to continue....he's a strip down, do over project...but he has to buy into learning to play the game a different way...humbled...maybe that time has come.

Dont get me wrong, I wish the kid well ( unless he goes to Dallas or Philly). I just dont think a rebuild at this point is in the cards for him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong, I wish the kid well ( unless he goes to Dallas or Philly). I just dont think a rebuild at this point is in the cards for him.

You might be right, but having been humbled myself on some issues...you are more willing to start with a clean sheet of paper.

I think it will 1st take an OC/HC that really wants him. I don't get the sense the Gruden did....could be wrong there, maybe RG3 didn't want Gruden...idk, but I think it will best for all parties when he's released.