• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Odds & Sods

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of COVID, I really have not paid much attention to rankings. I really thought the NFL was not gonna happen. Or at least be delayed enough to give me time. As a result, I have not spent a lot of time analyzing depth charts and position battles either.

Finally got a chance to glance at the rankings. Both ECR and ADP. Here were some players that caught my eye.

Ezekiel Elliott (ECR 2; ADP 3) Yo, what is wrong with you ADP guys taking him third? New head coach Mike McCarthy is an old-school “balanced” offense guy. Despite having Favre and Rodgers, he was extremely loyal in establishing the run. Safe to say that EE is the most talented RB McCarthy has had as a head coach. Worth noting EE did have COVID.

Chris Carson (15th RB off the board in both ECR and ADP) He might be the Rodney Dangerfield of backs. Only 8 RB had more all-purpose yards last season. Still the clear number 1 on a run-first team, he should not be dropping to the third round.

Leonard Fournette (ECR 33; ADP 40) Has he disappointed? Yes. Are the Jaguars good? Not that much. Still, only 2 other RB had more touches than him. In addition, Fourny (and this is the most important part) has zero competition to challenge for more touches.

Reggie Bonnafon (ECR unranked; ADP 316) Who? This is the backup to Christian McCaffrey. He will largely go undrafted in redraft leagues. But new coach Matt Rhule has already stated that McCaffrey’s load will be lightened. How much is anyone’s guess? But McCaffrey had gotten 45% of the offensive touches. Even if you don't draft him, keep him on your watch list.

Kyler Murray (ECR 61; ADP 55) :surprised: No thank you.

Matt Ryan (ECR 72; ADP 86) Had the third-most passing yards and the fifth-most TD passes. And with Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley flying off the board, why is everyone cold on Matty Ice? (Ninth QB drafted per ADP.)

Jimmy Garoppolo (ECR 149; ADP 139) Basically, Jimmy is the 22nd QB being drafted. He quietly had the 9th most passing yards and 4th most TD passes. Overall, it can be argued that it was a down year for most all QB. If owners were expecting more from him, they are overlooking a solid QB2 for likes (or yikes) of Josh Allen, Daniel Jones, Baker Mayfield and even Joe Burrow.

Henry Ruggs (ECR 126; ADP 137) I have heard that this rookie is earmarked as a bust. And maybe his low ranking is a product of that? All I know is that if the stubborn Jon Gruden drafted him, he will use him. There were 172 targets to the WR corp and yet no Raiders WR had 50 catches or more. Worth noting that with 32 teams, 45 WR had more catches than any Raiders WR.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the ADP on both carson and Zeke...

Fournette is the interesting one, He was the most unlucky player last year when it came to TDs...If he gets a normal amount then he will easily be a top 10 running back..

I have kyler as my QB3

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson will probably climb a bit once he's cleared to practice from his hip fracture. Last mention was early May that they expect him to be ready for the start of the season, but i haven't seen anything since...

Fournette he's probably the guy, but the Jags trying to trade him really makes it hard to be confident

Kyler If you could get him in the 8th or later he would have upside at his current ADP he only has downside

Ryan there are 5+ guys i'd rather have that i can wait on

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the ADP on both carson and Zeke...

Fournette is the interesting one, He was the most unlucky player last year when it came to TDs...If he gets a normal amount then he will easily be a top 10 running back..

I have kyler as my QB3
I’m all in on Kyler and company, I was last year too, just knew they needed some time..

Fournette was so inefficient too. High draft pick, pedigree, freak intangibles. Could he get cut? Or could they give armstead work just to see what they have?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In standard seasonal leagues, I pretty much agree with your analysis. In dynasty - not as much. ....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m all in on Kyler and company, I was last year too, just knew they needed some time..

Fournette was so inefficient too. High draft pick, pedigree, freak intangibles. Could he get cut? Or could they give armstead work just to see what they have?
They've got two sophomores they could give a better look at. Neither showed a ton last year, especially Ozigbo, but extremely limited sample size for both, also especially for Ozigbo. If they are/were showing something in practices the staff likes, could very well be why they were shopping Fourney. Most likely gonna be a season where Fourney reestablishes his ownership of the situation, or a changing of the guard begins to happen. And in that case, it may very well be a multiple back approach.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got two sophomores they could give a better look at. Neither showed a ton last year, especially Ozigbo, but extremely limited sample size for both, also especially for Ozigbo. If they are/were showing something in practices the staff likes, could very well be why they were shopping Fourney. Most likely gonna be a season where Fourney reestablishes his ownership of the situation, or a changing of the guard begins to happen. And in that case, it may very well be a multiple back approach.
spot on my man:suds:. What I was thinking(and didn't say well), you said perfect. Boils down to this...for a guy who was a true workhorse..........He carries a lot of risk to have his useage decimated............even if traded, he may not be a bellcow

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 your the over under guru. 230 for bucks/nets........its gone UP......i see it like that crap fest lest night from the pacers/wizards..

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually trying NOT to defend Fournette.
But in his 3 seasons, he's had 2 different OC, 2 different QB, and his O-line (based on sacks, hurries and hits) ranked 17th last year, which is in the bottom of the league.
For all that working against him (not to mention their losing record), they have been pretty consistent on leaning on him.
:noidea:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 your the over under guru. 230 for bucks/nets........its gone UP......i see it like that crap fest lest night from the pacers/wizards..

I went under. I think its a blowout but Brooklyn isn't playing their best players so i can see it under

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went under. I think its a blowout but Brooklyn isn't playing their best players so i can see it under
As did I do good luck!!

I have Dallas straight.....not sure yet after that also realized totally wrong thread sorry

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in his 3 seasons, he's had 2 different OC, 2 different QB, and his O-line (based on sacks, hurries and hits) ranked 17th last year, which is in the bottom of the league.
For all that working against him (not to mention their losing record), they have been pretty consistent on leaning on him.
Not a bad point Joe, I mean, who could fualt all 11 men on defense for focusing on Fournette with a sixth round rookie QB out there, right?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have nothing behind him

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad point Joe, I mean, who could fualt all 11 men on defense for focusing on Fournette with a sixth round rookie QB out there, right?
Thankfully Minshew will take shots and they have a guy that can make contested catches again, they havent had that since ARob. I dont think he will have an elite season but they will still use his alot

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully Minshew will take shots and they have a guy that can make contested catches again, they havent had that since ARob. I dont think he will have an elite season but they will still use his alot
They definitely have an intriguing offensive situation...and it all hinges on the huge "IF" of Minshew being the real deal, or just a place holder till next years #1 pick is on board.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely have an intriguing offensive situation...and it all hinges on the huge "IF" of Minshew being the real deal, or just a place holder till next years #1 pick is on board.
And they have yet another OC in Jay Gruden (3rd OC in last 3 years).

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette is a prime candidate for positive TD regression and if he can keep the recieving work up like he did last year (I don't see any reason he can't) he will be a steal where he's going imo.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had a feeling...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of COVID, I really have not paid much attention to rankings. I really thought the NFL was not gonna happen. Or at least be delayed enough to give me time. As a result, I have not spent a lot of time analyzing depth charts and position battles either.

Finally got a chance to glance at the rankings. Both ECR and ADP. Here were some players that caught my eye.

Ezekiel Elliott (ECR 2; ADP 3) Yo, what is wrong with you ADP guys taking him third? New head coach Mike McCarthy is an old-school “balanced” offense guy. Despite having Favre and Rodgers, he was extremely loyal in establishing the run. Safe to say that EE is the most talented RB McCarthy has had as a head coach. Worth noting EE did have COVID.

Chris Carson (15th RB off the board in both ECR and ADP) He might be the Rodney Dangerfield of backs. Only 8 RB had more all-purpose yards last season. Still the clear number 1 on a run-first team, he should not be dropping to the third round.

Leonard Fournette (ECR 33; ADP 40) Has he disappointed? Yes. Are the Jaguars good? Not that much. Still, only 2 other RB had more touches than him. In addition, Fourny (and this is the most important part) has zero competition to challenge for more touches.

Reggie Bonnafon (ECR unranked; ADP 316) Who? This is the backup to Christian McCaffrey. He will largely go undrafted in redraft leagues. But new coach Matt Rhule has already stated that McCaffrey’s load will be lightened. How much is anyone’s guess? But McCaffrey had gotten 45% of the offensive touches. Even if you don't draft him, keep him on your watch list.

Kyler Murray (ECR 61; ADP 55) :surprised: No thank you.

Matt Ryan (ECR 72; ADP 86) Had the third-most passing yards and the fifth-most TD passes. And with Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley flying off the board, why is everyone cold on Matty Ice? (Ninth QB drafted per ADP.)

Jimmy Garoppolo (ECR 149; ADP 139) Basically, Jimmy is the 22nd QB being drafted. He quietly had the 9th most passing yards and 4th most TD passes. Overall, it can be argued that it was a down year for most all QB. If owners were expecting more from him, they are overlooking a solid QB2 for likes (or yikes) of Josh Allen, Daniel Jones, Baker Mayfield and even Joe Burrow.

Henry Ruggs (ECR 126; ADP 137) I have heard that this rookie is earmarked as a bust. And maybe his low ranking is a product of that? All I know is that if the stubborn Jon Gruden drafted him, he will use him. There were 172 targets to the WR corp and yet no Raiders WR had 50 catches or more. Worth noting that with 32 teams, 45 WR had more catches than any Raiders WR.

Zeke - totally agree. He SHOULDN'T fall past #2, if I'm at 2 it's an easy choice.

Carson - injuries scare but I also liked his workload and in that Seattle system I won't be hesitant to draft him. I have in one league so far-4 drafts to go.

Fournette - he just got cut today but I was staying away from before this happened. Just couldn't trust what the Jags would do...he could still land in a good spot though. His value has still dropped dramatically now though.

Murray - it seems like he always goes early, in most mocks and drafts I have done so far. No thanks. I've always had a strategy of waiting on QB's anyway. I'll take Wilson 2-3 rounds later and be happy with it.

Ryan - It's an even year....nothing else needs to be said. He's going to have a good year. I would take him all day at QB9