• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FREE AT LAST FREE AT LAST

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like him going to Houston. They are in a major need for QB. They are too late in the draft to get anybody that can come in right away and start so give him a team friendly deal and let him go see what he can do.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Redskins will release Robert Griffin III this offseason.:suds:

This is not exactly breaking news. Washington was never going to pay Griffin's $16.155 million, fifth-year option, and Griffin was not going to restructure his deal just to spend another season sitting behind Kirk Cousins. It is just a matter of time. The interesting part of the report is Rapoport's assertion that owner Daniel Snyder forced GM Scot McCloughan and coach Jay Gruden to keep Griffin on the roster all season. Even with a great personnel man and a good coach, Snyder cannot stop meddling. Griffin should reemerge in a quarterback battle or as a high-profile backup next season.

Does Dallas has their new QB:suds:

Kudos on the DIV title, but Gruden is still trying to find his way as a HC...far from "good" at this point. I think if Romo doesn't go down, DAL wins the east and we're probably talking about yet another HC in WAS.

RG3...if I were his agent...I'd be calling HOU 1st...CLE is most likely going to draft a kid, but SF could make sense if Kelly ends up out there.

In DAL...he's a backup until '17 at least.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like him going to Houston. They are in a major need for QB. They are too late in the draft to get anybody that can come in right away and start so give him a team friendly deal and let him go see what he can do.

I had not seen this post before I posted the same team...Great minds think alike!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos on the DIV title, but Gruden is still trying to find his way as a HC...far from "good" at this point. I think if Romo doesn't go down, DAL wins the east and we're probably talking about yet another HC in WAS.

RG3...if I were his agent...I'd be calling HOU 1st...CLE is most likely going to draft a kid, but SF could make sense if Kelly ends up out there.

In DAL...he's a backup until '17 at least.

I really can't see Cleveland even thinking about calling this kid. They just got done with a very dramatic QB so why then go and get the 2nd most dramatic QB in the entire league? I can't see any new coach being excited about the idea of connecting their future with that of RGIII.

This is why to me Houston makes sense. They have a veteran team, veteran coach, and enough playmakers around RGIII that I think he could find some success. They also realize they don't need an all star at the position to be successful just one that can come in and be average. RGIII when healthy can be that. It would also put him in a smaller media market where he can maybe escape just a bit.

Also I would say San Fran falls into that same boat as that of Cleveland of new coach coming in and them already having a QB that has caused a lot of controversy among fans. They are going to want something a little more than just a retread of a very controversial QB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had not seen this post before I posted the same team...Great minds think alike!

Haha I guess so. Just seems like the best fit and opportunity to start over. I still think that RGIII needs to go to a team where he can sit for a year and just not even worry about playing but just work with a QB Coach on his technique and then also spend a ton of time in the film room not necessarily looking at the team they are playing but at the different styles of defense and how to read what is happening on the field. I still think he can be a great QB in this league. I don't think his rookie year was some fluke but one that showed a lot of promise. He just needs to learn it doesn't always come easy and you have to work your tail off to year in and year out be a great QB.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston with a healthy RGIII and some new weapons on offense is a 10 win team.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston with a healthy RGIII and some new weapons on offense is a 10 win team.

RGIII replacing Hoyer is only worth one win?

I think he's the best fit for Chip Kelly, in SF.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII replacing Hoyer is only worth one win?

I think he's the best fit for Chip Kelly, in SF.

I mean. RGIII isn't going to be great in a traditional offense like Bill O'Brien's. It will be a rough transition at first.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Kelly does end up in SF, I agree. RGIII and Carlos Hyde together with their solid run blocking O line could be very good.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that RGIII needs to go to a team where he can sit for a year and just not even worry about playing but just work with a QB Coach on his technique and then also spend a ton of time in the film room not necessarily looking at the team they are playing but at the different styles of defense and how to read what is happening on the field.

This sounds good. Some young QB's can start right away and learn on the field, others need to be mentored a bit by coaches or a veteran starter.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't see Cleveland even thinking about calling this kid. They just got done with a very dramatic QB so why then go and get the 2nd most dramatic QB in the entire league? I can't see any new coach being excited about the idea of connecting their future with that of RGIII.

This is why to me Houston makes sense. They have a veteran team, veteran coach, and enough playmakers around RGIII that I think he could find some success. They also realize they don't need an all star at the position to be successful just one that can come in and be average. RGIII when healthy can be that. It would also put him in a smaller media market where he can maybe escape just a bit.

Also I would say San Fran falls into that same boat as that of Cleveland of new coach coming in and them already having a QB that has caused a lot of controversy among fans. They are going to want something a little more than just a retread of a very controversial QB.

RG3...drama QBs...yeah it fits, but I wouldn't put him in the same boat as Manziel...not even close actually in terms of off the field. From a military family, generally a good kid...but, the commercials, and a bit of on the field success went to his head and inflated his ego. On & off the field...RG3 has been clearly humbled by this situation in WAS.

CLE...personally I would steer clear of the Browns if I could...from top to bottom, they just don't have their shit together...the GM/HC and OC all need to be on the same page with there next move at QB, and I don't think they even have a GM yet, much less a HC and OC.

SF...I prefaced that one on Kelly going there so the HC would be in place and the GM doesn't appear to be going anywhere....RG3 IMO is better passer than Kaep, and should thrive in a Kelly type OFC as long as he can stay healthy.

HOU...I'm all in...from afar...it does look like the best fit.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3...drama QBs...yeah it fits, but I wouldn't put him in the same boat as Manziel...not even close actually in terms of off the field. From a military family, generally a good kid...but, the commercials, and a bit of on the field success went to his head and inflated his ego. On & off the field...RG3 has been clearly humbled by this situation in WAS.

CLE...personally I would steer clear of the Browns if I could...from top to bottom, they just don't have their shit together...the GM/HC and OC all need to be on the same page with there next move at QB, and I don't think they even have a GM yet, much less a HC and OC.

SF...I prefaced that one on Kelly going there so the HC would be in place and the GM doesn't appear to be going anywhere....RG3 IMO is better passer than Kaep, and should thrive in a Kelly type OFC as long as he can stay healthy.

HOU...I'm all in...from afar...it does look like the best fit.

I meant more just all the drama that follows those 2 (Manziel and RGIII) around. IT seems like everything they do is put under a microscope. Because of that I just can't see Cleveland being interested. Now maybe they do like the drama though because at least it brings attention to the team even when they are stinking up the joint. Who knows. Need to see who they all hire to see if they would even think about it but I can't see RGIII being interested in going to that dumpster fire either though.

SF with Kelly yeah I could see that being a decent fit. I think we are still in agreement though that Houston really does seem to make a lot of sense.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he does not go to anyone that needs a QB now. He has the potential to be a good QB but not if he gets thrown back in.....

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the Jets would be brutal for him if he went there next year. Their schedule looks like NEx2, Chiefs, Indy, AFC North, NFC West. I doubt he'd survive the season. S.F. or St. Louis is a bit easier but the division schedule is brutal.

If he needed a some what easy schedule to bolster his confidence I think the Texans is his best bet.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to predict RGIII going to a team without a head coach. Too many variables still at play.

The Jets/Texans both could be good fits. I still think the Jets are the best fit if they want him.

Fitzpatrick will never be more than an average QB and that is on his good days.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team that picks him up has a slim chance to go anywhere. RG3 is a run and gun style QB and teams figured him out extremely quickly the following seasons. It the first option isn't there, he's off running usually.

If by some miracle he is put in a system to succeed by a good coach (like what Harbs did for Kaep) he's still a HUGE liability because of his injury history.

If I was a fan of a team needing a QB he'd be towards the bottom of the list in players I'd want starting. And God willing he actually stays healthy this year and gets a huge contract because the injuries are just a matter of time. Outside of injuries, I just don't think RG3 is that good. I never liked him coming out of college and predicted him as a bust.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't see Cleveland even thinking about calling this kid. They just got done with a very dramatic QB so why then go and get the 2nd most dramatic QB in the entire league?

Because it's Cleveland.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a fan of a team needing a QB he'd be towards the bottom of the list in players I'd want starting. And God willing he actually stays healthy this year and gets a huge contract because the injuries are just a matter of time. Outside of injuries, I just don't think RG3 is that good. I never liked him coming out of college and predicted him as a bust.

Hmmm. If you are the coach of the Niners, Eagles, or Rams you don't have a great QB option and the draft is looking a little suspect. Why wouldn't you sign someone like RGIII? Give him a prove it contract and make it work to show he can do the job.

RGIII probably won't turn into anything but if he decides to dedicate himself to the game and learn to be an actual pro QB he could be a steal.

IMO, I don't want the Rams to get him.