• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles agreed to terms with S Rodney McLeod, formerly of the Rams, on a five-year, $37 million contract.
The deal includes $17 million guaranteed. It's a huge haul for someone who arguably wasn't even one of the three best safeties available. McLeod is coming off a breakout 2015, however, and is still only 26 (in June). He's forced 12 turnovers the past three seasons and was PFF's No. 10 overall safety last year. The Eagles needed to remake their secondary, and this is a good second step after dumping Byron Maxwell. McLeod will form an excellent tandem with Malcolm Jenkins.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 9 - 12:44 PM

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt hear about the draft flip. Certainly not as attractive as it first looked. Still, I like that they replace Grimes for less money and can move Koa Misi to the inside and Kiko can take Koa's old spot.

Closet Dolphin fan? Who'd a thunk it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Big_Blue_72

It wasn't just a money thing IMO with Grimes. More to do with a team cancer because of his wife. Blasted people weekly on Twitter. So I see they went younger for a comparable price and removed a distraction.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closet Dolphin fan? Who'd a thunk it.

Nah I hate them still. I just think they are at least addressing their issues. They are moving players around and cutting where they need to. They will still be screwed in a couple years as they are backending all these deals.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I hate them still. I just think they are at least addressing their issues. They are moving players around and cutting where they need to. They will still be screwed in a couple years as they are backending all these deals.

Just like Mayhew did.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

adding a crap load of money to all those players that may or may not work out once again, imo. wait til all the figures come out and look at roster and money tied to it for each newly brought in FA or traded player. idk.

maybe a bad move (did it 3 yrs ago) all over again and not to mention Suh is part of this that kicks the can down the road. No guarantees Cap keeps going up 10-12M per yr just because it has in 2014 (132M), 2015 (142) and now again in 2016 (155M).

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions signed S Tavon Wilson, formerly of the Patriots.

Wilson played all of 83 snaps last year in the Patriots' crowded secondary. The Lions are thin at safety with Isa Abdul-Quddus off to Miami, and James Ihedigbo gone and could make good use of Wilson's versatility.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins agreed to terms with S Isa Abdul-Quddus, formerly of the Lions, on a three-year, $12.75 million contract.

Abdul-Quddus actually stepped in nicely as an eight-game starter for the Lions last season, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 1 overall safety from Week 10 on after replacing SS James Ihedigbo in the starting lineup. It's a good get for Miami, as at the very least, Abdul-Quddus will be an asset on special teams. He'll get the first crack at the starting gig next to SS Reshad Jones.
Related: Lions

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter
Mar 9 - 4:43 PM

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins agreed to terms with S Isa Abdul-Quddus, formerly of the Lions, on a three-year, $12.75 million contract.

Abdul-Quddus actually stepped in nicely as an eight-game starter for the Lions last season, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 1 overall safety from Week 10 on after replacing SS James Ihedigbo in the starting lineup. It's a good get for Miami, as at the very least, Abdul-Quddus will be an asset on special teams. He'll get the first crack at the starting gig next to SS Reshad Jones.
Related: Lions

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter
Mar 9 - 4:43 PM

Might be a bit hefty but they continue to address the back 7 while letting one grossly over-priced player go in FA (Vernon signed with the Giants for 17mil a year). Cut away some dead wood too. If their QB does not suck ass this year they may have a shot.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a bit hefty but they continue to address the back 7 while letting one grossly over-priced player go in FA (Vernon signed with the Giants for 17mil a year). Cut away some dead wood too. If their QB does not suck ass this year they may have a shot.

Gase should be good for him. He helped Cutler on his turnovers and team sack totals. They better hope it works for having a shot. All these signings are two and three year deals. Be replacing them all shortly when the mortgaged future hits. Suh returns to the Lions prolly to retire.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tavon Wilson was Honorable Mention AllBigTen Sportmanship his junior year.

If we can't keep teams out of the endzone, we still might kill em with class.

Yay!

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Smith to the Raiders. 4 yr 40 mil. Everyone is overpriced this year. Id give him 8 mil but not 10. With the Ngata signing we probably couldnt afford this. We still have to extend Slay so we will most likely spend the 10 mil per on him this year.

Lets hope for Weddle although he is not a spring chicken anymore and would have to move to SS. It would still help the back 7.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our CB situation may end up real shitty.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our CB situation may end up real shitty.
I'm not overly concerned with the CB situation as long as they get Slay re-signed.
The LB situation is what worries me. Tulloch gone. Van Noy has done nothing. Levy coming off an injury.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have to extend Slay so we will most likely spend the 10 mil per on him this year.

You can extend Slay now but that extension doesn't gave to count against this years cap. It can start next year if they wish to do that and it'll depend on money spent for rest of this years FA. They did the same with Levy last year on his extension having it begin this year. Lots of different ways to work that sitch. Plus, they'll need to keep at least 3-4M aside in case of having to replace plyers who go on IR or miss a few games.

They'll need almost 8M for the rookie pool if they keep all 12 picks and also where there are currently slotted.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope for Weddle although he is not a spring chicken anymore and would have to move to SS. It would still help the back 7.

He's better than any S the Lions currently have on their roster not named Glover Quin. Quin is versatile. can play either S spot or even CB in an emergency. He was a CB/S coming out of college and was moved to S once Kareem Jackson earned his way into starting CB at Houston

Weddle is still very solid and Safeties can still play well into their 30's. He's no Charles Woodson but Reggie Nelson is still on top of his game as a FS at the age of 32 and led the league with 8 INT's.

Eric Weddle - San Diego Chargers - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Reggie Nelson - Cincinnati Bengals - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Nelson will turn 33 in September, but he showed no signs of decline while leading the league in interceptions last season. Robinson reports the Vikings and Bucs are interested. Mar 9 - 2:11 PM

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Ngata only counts 4.2 million against the cap this year. With all the signings they have they still have 22.9 million to spend and an extra 6 coming once they cut Tulloch.

Ngata would count almost 8 million against the cap next year, but my guess is he gets cut and they eat 2 mil in dead money instead.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Ngata only counts 4.2 million against the cap this year. With all the signings they have they still have 22.9 million to spend and an extra 6 coming once they cut Tulloch.

Ngata would count almost 8 million against the cap next year, but my guess is he gets cut and they eat 2 mil in dead money instead.

That was my belief from the minute it was signed. Good news though. I lost track of what we had left. I wonder if BQ is saving extra space in an efort to trade down and acquire more draft picks?