• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent thread

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because someone mentioned Suh, I guess it's all right to post it. then again maybe not

Dolphins restructure Ndamukong Suh's contract

The Miami Dolphins have restructured the massive contract of defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh, the team confirmed on Saturday. Suh was set to take up a whopping $28.6 million of cap space in 2016, the second-highest cap number for any player at the start of the 2015-16 offseason.

The Dolphins exercised a built-in option on Suh's contract, freeing up around $15 million in cap space for 2016. They have also restructured linebacker Koa Misi and released wide receiverGreg Jennings, creating around $23.8 million in cap savings.

Looks like someone will be hitting the free agent market again in a few years.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys act like restructuring Such is a bad thing.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not always a bad thing, in this case everyone saw from day one that a restructure would happen this year. The contract was made that way on purpose so they could squeeze in Suh without having any Cap room last year.

Restructuring is a problem when you have multiple massive contracts that need it every year. Like the Lions had and the Cowboys currently have.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got to pay the piper some time. Time running out on Phins. Vernon wants more tha the Phins can bare. In a coupe years it will be hell for sure. God help them if revenues start to decrase and the cap actually goes down after this year.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has two new team mates in Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell

Taking the Vernon money and spending it this way. I like it. They need a shit ton of help in the back 7. Vernon was 1 dimensional. They still need a guy like that, but not at that price.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the Vernon money and spending it this way. I like it. They need a shit ton of help in the back 7. Vernon was 1 dimensional. They still need a guy like that, but not at that price.

Not saying that Vernon will stay but they are going to release Brent Grimes and that frees up a lot of money along with the 2 million from Greg Jennings there's a chunk of change for Maxwell.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready for three Bengals to change their stripes this week.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At first I figured the transition tag was a attempt to raise his contract for hopes of a comp pick 2017 possibly. Don't receive them when you don't match the that tag I read.

They freed up some money with a Suh restructuring, but I also heard their attempting to do so with Maxwell. Suh I get, I knew this was coming, but to start doing these others when they're more than one player away and suddenly you have the Lions as I told Rob these teams are a mirror image. That piper payoff will be huge one day you spoke of. Ross is no different credentials than Mr. Ford

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacman to the fins as well. Pretty sure both Vernon and Miller are gone now.

I still like what they have done this offseason though. They are going to FA for high skill positions that can not be immediately filled in the draft. Plenty of DEs that can be had in the draft that can make an immediate impact. It happens quite a bit. Seldomy do CBs come right out and play great.

Complete 180 from years past for them.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read few weeks ago had no intentions to overpay for Miller. At least not over $5 mill a year. (rumored to be his price) So I was figuring he was gone anyway or it was just tactics.

Vernon was a waste red tag for me. He came on stronger at the end. Seemed a huge price for the production he had. Figured they can get the same from a rookie contract or mid level FA.

Anybody should thrive next to Suh, right?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon definitely gone. Not sure how, hearing Mario may sign today.

They better be able to make a run this year. Future will be mortgaged

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon definitely gone. Not sure how, hearing Mario may sign today.

They better be able to make a run this year. Future will be mortgaged

Its a shame too because they are finally making smart decisions this year.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they signMario does that mean they cut Wake to use that 7 million toward him?

Trying to get him to restructure. Thats their best bet too. He is not worth that much anymore.