• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent thread

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions better pursue Mike Wallace right now!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcement that the Lions have signed Mike Wallace, and my reaction to it:

3JZLhOd.gif

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass. I would take Rishard Mathews all day over Wallace. Heck, I might even take Andre Holmes over him.

Whoever comes cheapest maybe for once our Wide Receivers won't be making 3 times the league average. Hopefully we have a finally have a GM smart enough to realize splash moves in free agency is not the way to build a winner.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass. I would take Rishard Mathews all day over Wallace. Heck, I might even take Andre Holmes over him.

Agreed, but I do see how he could fit in. I'll take Holmes.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has two new team mates in Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell

Appears this trade is dead and not happening per Roto.

I liked the Kiko part, not big on Maxwell. He sucked in Philly playing man and would force Phins to play to solid zone.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears this trade is dead and not happening per Roto.

I liked the Kiko part, not big on Maxwell. He sucked in Philly playing man and would force Phins to play to solid zone.

Need to go to the beach with my flip flops...

Now seems Maxwell did clear physical (shoulders) and it will go through. Hate this deal as Phins drop to 13 and Philly moves to 8 while dumping huge salary. Very lopsided deal to me. Wreaks of a Ngata come screw me over deal.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to go to the beach with my flip flops...

Now seems Maxwell did clear physical (shoulders) and it will go through. Hate this deal as Phins drop to 13 and Philly moves to 8 while dumping huge salary. Very lopsided deal to me. Wreaks of a Ngata come screw me over deal.

Didnt hear about the draft flip. Certainly not as attractive as it first looked. Still, I like that they replace Grimes for less money and can move Koa Misi to the inside and Kiko can take Koa's old spot.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, I like that they replace Grimes for less money and can move Koa Misi to the inside and Kiko can take Koa's old spot.

not all that much in difference.

Grimes would've been 9.5M cap hit. They have 3M in dead money for that release while saving 6.5M but Maxwell's cap hit was 9.7M this year. It's just that Philly has to be responsible for his 4.8M signing bonus $, over 4 yrs, as a one time hit (it was 1.2m per yr. in cap hit).

So, Maxwell under current deal, unless restructured before trade) is a cap hit of 8.5M this yr for Phins
Byron Maxwell Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money | Over The Cap

Brent Grimes Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money | Over The Cap

costs Phins more any way you shake it out whether this yr and years beyond as Maxwell spikes to 11.2M cap hits 2017 thru 2019. They was talk about new deal for Maxwell. hasn't happened, yet.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt hear about the draft flip. Certainly not as attractive as it first looked. Still, I like that they replace Grimes for less money and can move Koa Misi to the inside and Kiko can take Koa's old spot.

Dolphins acquired CB Byron Maxwell, WLB Kiko Alonso, and the No. 13 overall pick in the 2016 draft from the Eagles in exchange for the No. 8 overall pick in this year's draft.
The deal was agreed upon Monday, but there was a hang-up Wednesday morning when the Dolphins were reviewing Maxwell's physical. He suffered a sprained SC joint in his shoulder Week 15 and missed the final two games. Maxwell allegedly told the physician that he still can't bench press or do a push-up, but the Dolphins laughably have still signed off on the deal. Eagles GM Howie Roseman has pulled off a heist, moving up five spots in the first round AND getting the Dolphins to take Maxwell's albatross six-year, $63 million deal.
Mar 9 - 11:08 AM

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see CB Sean Smith signed on 3-4 yr deal to solidify that #2 CB spot and maybe BQ could wait and see how SS position pans out. Smith could bolster that outside instead of counting on Lawson. Lawson and Diggs can compete for nickel. It would help just as much if not more for that back 4 with Smith in the fold. Can't expect any rookie to have any impact for 1st yr and possibly two years. it's too steep of a learning curve.

There's still some options out there with Weddle, McLeod, Branch and IAQ.

Will need a rotational DE or two and can wait for 2nd wave on this as Taylor has improved these last two years. The draft is very thin at DE once you get past first two rounds, imo, that project as having some first yr impact.
I'd like to see one of Derrick Shelby or Robert Ayers for DE.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Way is Clev RT Schwartz worth this offer... keep him and sign him Clev. he had one yr., last year, where he was good at pass-pro. I know, Stomp, that this price is going rate but would rather see Ola at his price and draft a rookie than to go FA route

Profootballtalk.com reports the Browns have "yanked" their offer to free agent RT Mitchell Schwartz.
The Browns are apparently playing hardball with their four-year right tackle, though PFT's Mike Florio acknowledges the move "could be posturing." Cleveland has already lost Travis Benjamin (Chargers) in free agency, and is poised to lose Alex Mack (Falcons), as well. Previous reports out of Cleveland had the team likely to re-sign Schwartz at roughly $7.5 million per season.
Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter
Mar 9 - 12:56 PM