• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent thread

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
local reports say Whitehead good as gone, some Bengals LB is being looked at to replace him. I'm loving BQ cherry picking young defenders from teams like the Bengals and Rams. :hope:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been some talk around here about Cincy LB Vincent Rey.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrunn Walker - DL - Lions
Lions re-signed DT Tyrunn Walker to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.

It's a low-risk signing for Detroit. Walker will try to rehab his value after playing in four games last season. Recovering from ankle surgery, Walker should be ready for training camp.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be a decent(cheap) option when Calvin retires/gets cut/is traded

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excellent early down/goal line option that should be cheap

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be on the lookout for former Seahawks CB Jeremy Lane as a possibility in FA also. He has flashed some as a starter but had missed the first 10 games last year and then replaced Cary Williams late in season. He also missed 9 games previous season.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY FA wishes/possibilities

SS Illoka .................................... rumored to be on BQ list.
RT Osmele or M. Schwartz............ Osemele will be expensive but is versatile RG/RT.. Schwartz probably cheaper
LB Zach Brown.............................. had talent coming out UNC, injured, misused at Tenn, imo.
WR ????????????........................... I don't see BQ getting into bidding war. similar to my Osemele pick
CB Sean Smith............................ He's my preferred choice over others. May end up Hayward or lower tier Lane
DE Derrick Shelby....................... Rotational DE to supplant J. Jones

I would like to see WR Anquan Boldin in to replace Lance Moore. Possibly in 2nd wave of FA or later on. I still believe they'll need a speed WR with good hands, route running, 50/50 pluck & catch, uses body to block out db's

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY FA wishes/possibilities

SS Illoka .................................... rumored to be on BQ list.
RT Osmele or M. Schwartz............ Osemele will be expensive but is versatile RG/RT.. Schwartz probably cheaper
LB Zach Brown.............................. had talent coming out UNC, injured, misused at Tenn, imo.
WR ????????????........................... I don't see BQ getting into bidding war. similar to my Osemele pick
CB Sean Smith............................ He's my preferred choice over others. May end up Hayward or lower tier Lane
DE Derrick Shelby....................... Rotational DE to supplant J. Jones

I would like to see WR Anquan Boldin in to replace Lance Moore. Possibly in 2nd wave of FA or later on. I still believe they'll need a speed WR with good hands, route running, 50/50 pluck & catch, uses body to block out db's

I dont think WR Rashard Mathews would be all that expensive. He would be a nice fit IMO. Still would prefer Jones but not at any cost.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think WR Rashard Mathews would be all that expensive. He would be a nice fit IMO. Still would prefer Jones but not at any cost.

I'll agree here. Rishard did beat Parker even though he had an early injury issue but he was a great compliment for Jarvis Landry so that seems like a fit.

I would love to have Gandy's pick of Marvin Jones but my viewpoint on him is that he'll cost more than Tate, so, therefore, I believe he'll be out of the mix. I really want Marvin even over a RT but everything I've read seems to point to RT being a bigger need until this CJ fiasco is finalized in written form.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldin might offer some good bang for the bucks. Put him on a two year contract. Kick the tires on Brian Quick also. He might put it together in a new environment. Then, you go into the draft still looking to add a playmaker there.

Mitchel Schwartz should be high on the list to try and get. If not, maybe take a look at Barksdale. Bring back Ola.

Casey Hayward probably makes the most due to dollar commands so I'd watch for that one. Smith may be the guy that fits the best though. Id take him or Jenkins.

I want IIoka but I have seen T. Gibson mentioned as a opinion also.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario Williams visiting Miami. Williams and Suh? That has the potential to be a great DL, even if Suh struggled last season.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I thought this was a general free agent thread. Posted before seeing it was a team board.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want IIoka but I have seen T. Gibson mentioned as a opinion also.

a good option but once again I believe there's some injury issues with him missing 5 games in 2014 and 3 games last year. It's not a big amount and even a FA signing this year could come up missing games. I do like you throwing out that name. I don't know enough about him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey Hayward probably makes the most due to dollar commands so I'd watch for that one. Smith may be the guy that fits the best though. Id take him or Jenkins.

good thoughts here, imo. I'd prefer Smith as well but not only the money aspect I just like his ability to play more press and his length over Jenkins or even Hayward.

I wouldn't object to Hayward either as he may come cheaper but when talking about going up against the likes of A-Rog and his receiving corps, Jay-C and that receiving corps (they'll last years draft pick WVU-WR White back in the fold and Alshon) and finally Teddy-B and his crew, I'll take Sean Smith over any of those even if it means a higher cost than Haywards. I just don't see Smith getting huge money being that he's 29 and now on his forth contract but you never know what the market will dictate.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good thoughts here, imo. I'd prefer Smith as well but not only the money aspect I just like his ability to play more press and his length over Jenkins or even Hayward.

I wouldn't object to Hayward either as he may come cheaper but when talking about going up against the likes of A-Rog and his receiving corps, Jay-C and that receiving corps (they'll last years draft pick WVU-WR White back in the fold and Alshon) and finally Teddy-B and his crew, I'll take Sean Smith over any of those even if it means a higher cost than Haywards. I just don't see Smith getting huge money being that he's 29 and now on his forth contract but you never know what the market will dictate.

Im kind of bias when it comes to Jenkins because Im a Gators fan. Lol.

Some team will throw Smith a 3 or 4 year deal with a ton of garaunteed cash included. Im guessing the Raiders because they've seen a lot of him. Only way I see him coming to the D is that if he just likes the team better or the city.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want good CBs on the outside so that Austin can do a lot of different things up front. Im still curious as to what will happen with Van Noy.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some team will throw Smith a 3 or 4 year deal with a ton of garaunteed cash included. Im guessing the Raiders because they've seen a lot of him. Only way I see him coming to the D is that if he just likes the team better or the city.

well, that's a shitty choice either way. both cities suck. you get robbed or die easily in either one. which one should I choose. I'll take the state whose state income tax is only about 5% and not the state where evry penny over 1M is at the tax rate of 13.8% and their tax rate under 1M averages near 8%.

tough choice, I guess get murdered by the Bay/Pacific Ocean or by Windsor Lake ?