• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent thread

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Janoris Jenkins will hit the market. He prob tops my wish list.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Janoris Jenkins will hit the market. He prob tops my wish list.

If they Tag Trumaine Johnson he would be my next target for sure. Him and Slay would make a nice Combo

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they Tag Trumaine Johnson he would be my next target for sure. Him and Slay would make a nice Combo

I just read that Jenkins wants 12 million per year. That's the kind of money Slay will be looking for too. I don't think we can have both at those numbers.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that Jenkins wants 12 million per year. That's the kind of money Slay will be looking for too. I don't think we can have both at those numbers.

I am OK with Jenkins but not at that price. I would take Sean Smith at the 8-10 mil that he is asking before giving Jenkins 12 mil. We could sign Slay for 10 mil as well since we wont have anyone else on the team other than Stafford making over 10 mil a year.

I want Marvin Jones or even Rashad Mathews first. CJ is not coming back and Fuller does not look like the answer to me.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Sean Smith at the 8-10 mil that he is asking before giving

Smith has been one of the best press coverage corners in the league the past few years i would love that signing well worth 10 per year. He should be the one asking for 12 per year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has been one of the best press coverage corners in the league the past few years i would love that signing well worth 10 per year. He should be the one asking for 12 per year.

He'll get burned on double moves and jumping routes but he has excellent footspeed to make up for false steps in most cases. He's great in short to intermediate route coverage but against speed down the boundary for 7's/9's and deep posts over the seam is where he'll make his mistakes.

Agree he has gotten better the last two years but he's not a 10M per yr cover corner and neither is Jenkins. It's just this year, taking out Norman and Johnson, you're left with little to choose from. So, Smith and Jenkins will likely be overpaid as there isn't other competition to harness their likely pay they'll receive.

The other choices are Leon Hall (he's a slot and oft-injured past) Pac-Man (pass), Nolan Carroll (not a true press CB but you could do worse), Peanut Tillman (age might get him at any time), Amukamara is oft-injured and highly over-rated and has been since coming out of Brasky, he should be a slot CB not outside.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he's not a 10M per yr cover corner and neither is Jenkins.

With the cap increase thats the new going rate for a starter people who think these guys are going to be cheap are in for a rude awakening between all 32 teams there is over a billion dollars in cap space far more than any previous year. After this off season 10mpy will only be top 20 money for cornerbacks. Earlier we sign players the cheaper they'll be in the long run.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the cap increase thats the new going rate for a starter people who think these guys are going to be cheap are in for a rude awakening between all 32 teams there is over a billion dollars in cap space far more than any previous year. After this off season 10mpy will only be top 20 money for cornerbacks. Earlier we sign players the cheaper they'll be in the long run.

I understand that Stomp and as I stated if there were more quality CB's this year, imo, you wouldn't be seeing that amount for a #2 CB. I had rated Smith at tops of 7.5M per until hearing about the latest of Jenkins wanting 12M per. I find it difficult to see Smith coming off a 5.5M avg per yr 3 yr deal and now jumping up to 10M per avg.

That's all I was getting at.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately, that is the reality of it. Teams do not have as much cap space as they think because players will just ask for more. I think at some point soon the cap will not rise much anymore as Goodell and the front office and rules committee keeps making the NFL look foolish. The officiating is laughable and the product is beginning to suffer. Revenues stagnation will folllow.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Detroit Free Press reports free agent S Rodney McLeod will be "in demand."

Per reporter Dave Birkett, "NFL people like him." McLeod's agent is clearly making the rounds, but the fifth-year UDFA is indeed coming off a strong year at the back end of the Rams' defense. McLeod played 1,180 snaps, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 10 overall safety. McLeod turns 26 in June.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Free Agent Bargain Bin - Rotoworld.com

Aside from whitehead these 3 look promising

12. Rodney McLeod -- Undersized FS has forced 12 turnovers last 3 seasons. -Don't really need another FS but Quinn has been preaching depth

16. Zach Brown -- Injury-plagued 4-3 OLB with sideline-to-sideline speed. -
Replacement for Levy if he isn't up to snuff also would allow Whitehead to play MLB like he wants if we get him back

18. Sterling Moore -- 26-year-old journeyman was Bucs best CB last season

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16. Zach Brown -- Injury-plagued 4-3 OLB with sideline-to-sideline speed. -Replacement for Levy if he isn't up to snuff also would allow Whitehead to play MLB like he wants if we get him back

been some chatter around here about him. love this idea on a flyer and at right price. IDK what happened at Tenn other than wrong scheme fit, mis-used or what but that kid had so much talent coming out of UNC it was ridiculous. He would be very caparable to a Ryan Shazier, Shaq Thompson, Daron Lee type but bigger and faster.

I saw the injury plagued part missing all but one game in 2014. played in all 16 games of 2012, 2013, 2015

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the names Trevathan and Jackson mentioned from Denver. Tagging Miller and now having Brock be the second priority. The Sam Bradford contract drives his price up hopefully were the two mentioned players can't be signed. Denver is over the cap as of now. The savings of Manning being cut won't sign everything they need.

I'd take either, as both will fill a huge need with proven players and not picks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns C Alex Mack exercised his opt-out clause, voiding the final three years of his contract, and is now a free agent.
As expected. Mack waited until the franchise-tag deadline passed and is now back on the market after signing a five-year, $42 million offer sheet with the Jaguars in April 2014 only to see the Browns match it. Look for the Jaguars to be back in on Mack, who's still just 30 years old. Returning to the Browns isn't out of the picture, but Mack is now one of the top free agents available.
Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Mar 2 - 12:47 PM

Alex Mack - Unsigned Free Agent - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be hard to outspend the Jags. They have to go over a certain amount this year or pay their past players back pay. Oakland is in same boat. Not sure if any other teams are or not?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Free Agent Bargain Bin - Rotoworld.com

Aside from whitehead these 3 look promising

12. Rodney McLeod -- Undersized FS has forced 12 turnovers last 3 seasons. -Don't really need another FS but Quinn has been preaching depth

16. Zach Brown -- Injury-plagued 4-3 OLB with sideline-to-sideline speed. -
Replacement for Levy if he isn't up to snuff also would allow Whitehead to play MLB like he wants if we get him back

18. Sterling Moore -- 26-year-old journeyman was Bucs best CB last season

been some chatter around here about him. love this idea on a flyer and at right price. IDK what happened at Tenn other than wrong scheme fit, mis-used or what but that kid had so much talent coming out of UNC it was ridiculous. He would be very caparable to a Ryan Shazier, Shaq Thompson, Daron Lee type but bigger and faster.

I saw the injury plagued part missing all but one game in 2014. played in all 16 games of 2012, 2013, 2015

That could work. Plus I am sure Austin can make any decent player a superstar