• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent thread

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Illinois kid WR Geronimo Allison... just athrow in.. 6'3 200 and huge hands..

I do like Higgins as well though but he's pretty damn lean... stick like (like b_blue)

WR was a spot I didn't watch to much this past season. I think it's why I'm leaning the FA route. With CJ gone, need a proven vet to pair with Smitty's boy Tate IMO. The spot I feel I want to look at WR is going to be a project for first year possibly. Other than a LT I'm all defense early.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laurinaitis and Chris Long both got cut today. I don't know that either would be a huge upgrade though. Long has not been healthy for a few years. Laurinaitis gets tackles, but rarely a big play. 1 FF in his career seems low for a MLB

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted Laurantis the draft we took Delmas and Levy instead. He'd make a great MLB in Detroit. Gk get him BQ.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lauranitis would be a upgrade over any on the roster and he isn't spectacular, but would be a upgrade.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laurinaitis and Chris Long both got cut today. I don't know that either would be a huge upgrade though. Long has not been healthy for a few years. Laurinaitis gets tackles, but rarely a big play. 1 FF in his career seems low for a MLB

He makes tackles, he's kept clean by his front. The turnovers can come elsewhere. I get he makes plays just not a playmaker. Very solid in run game though. Look back to the Levy year with all those INTs. Wasn't so much he had great coverage. He was in the right place when the front created bad throws.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He makes tackles, he's kept clean by his front. The turnovers can come elsewhere. I get he makes plays just not a playmaker. Very solid in run game though. Look back to the Levy year with all those INTs. Wasn't so much he had great coverage. He was in the right place when the front created bad throws.

Levy 0 INTs since Suh left. Just sayin

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions Home

Lions released CJ Wilson DT. It saves $2.3 against the cap.

I wouldn't be surprised if he some how found his way back for cheaper.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Wilson guy is the DT/DE who I get mixed up with the Wilson that played CB. He played decent in late season action. Not enough to warrant that much money IMO. I have cut this kid ten times in my head thinking he was the CB.

Lions Home

Lions released CJ Wilson DT. It saves $2.3 against the cap.

I wouldn't be surprised if he some how found his way back for cheaper.

great call......

tin-man-toot-toot.gif

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find this article from that link much more interesting.

Lions News

Zenner in particular could see a considerable increase to his touches in the between the tackles and short yardage running role Bell was previously used in.

Zenner was limited to just four carries over the first four games of the season in 2015, but had 10 carries vs. Arizona Week 5 and was running well (5.0 average) vs. Chicago Week 6 before suffering broken ribs and a partially collapsed lung that required surgery and ended his season.

His season ended before Jim Bob Cooter took over the reigns of the offense, and the run game went from averaging less than 70.0 yards per game (69.6) the first half of the season to 97.3 yards over the last eight games.

"I'm very excited," Zenner said after the season when asked about Cooter's offense as it pertains to the run game. "I love the run game, obviously. I know even Jim Bob would say that he wants to run the ball even more, so I think we're going to get that rolling and that's the game plan right now."

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Illinois kid WR Geronimo Allison... just athrow in.. 6'3 200 and huge hands..

I do like Higgins as well though but he's pretty damn lean... stick like (like b_blue)

Plus everytime he makes a catch we can all yell GERONIMO!!!!!!!

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted Laurantis the draft we took Delmas and Levy instead. He'd make a great MLB in Detroit. Gk get him BQ.

Me too.

Unfortunately, Lauranitis blew chunks last year. You would be getting a white Tulloch. I would not be upset about it, but I dont think it is much of an upgrade.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too.

Unfortunately, Lauranitis blew chunks last year. You would be getting a white Tulloch. I would not be upset about it, but I dont think it is much of an upgrade.

Did he? My Rams fans buddies are all distraught over this move.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he? My Rams fans buddies are all distraught over this move.

According to Roto anyway. I only saw 1 game and he did not look like he did 7 years ago. He is definitely slowing down. I would rather find someone younger, but like I said we could do worse too.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too.

Only Rams game I saw last year was NFL rewind of the Lions matchup. Guess Rob and me both going off past years. Your pretty spot on most of the time.

No soup for you. NEXT!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Big_Blue_72

I was going to paste that ZZ article to our chat page. Figured you and Smitty would love it.

Be great if he's a diamond in rough and last a few years. Love to actually see a guy get that one yard when needed.

The part that stuck out the most to me wasn't with ZZ though. It was adding 27 yards a game under that Cooter guy, the guy that made no apparent difference. Damn scrub teams...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Roto anyway. I only saw 1 game and he did not look like he did 7 years ago. He is definitely slowing down. I would rather find someone younger, but like I said we could do worse too.

I hear ya. I felt the exact same way about Levy before Maypew gave him 20 million guaranteed for 17 snaps.