• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Signings 2021-22 (Non Mariners)

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that free agent left-hander Yusei Kikuchi is considering multiple three-year offers.​

Heyman adds that the Mets and Blue Jays remain interested, but the specifics of their offers to Kikuchi remain unknown. The 30-year-old lefty, who turned down a one-year, $13 million player option for the 2022 season, is one of the premier starting pitchers left on the open market. It remains to be seen whether he'll sign before the league's impending lockout-imposed transaction freeze.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't hurt my feelings.

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Dodgers and free agent infielder/outfielder Chris Taylor have agreed to a four-year, $60 million contract.​

Rosenthal adds that the deal includes a fifth year option, which could increase the value of the deal to $73 million.
Just my opinion but I’d rather him than Frazier.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion but I’d rather him than Frazier.
About a $65M difference, which if spent right, makes Frazier the better get. If not spent better, or spent at all, then I agree.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that free agent left-hander Yusei Kikuchi is considering multiple three-year offers.​

Heyman adds that the Mets and Blue Jays remain interested, but the specifics of their offers to Kikuchi remain unknown. The 30-year-old lefty, who turned down a one-year, $13 million player option for the 2022 season, is one of the premier starting pitchers left on the open market. It remains to be seen whether he'll sign before the league's impending lockout-imposed transaction freeze.
Im honestly stunned he has as much interest as is being shown. I really think the crack down on spider tact coupled with the Mariners ditching the 6 man rotation really killed him. Those two things coupled together wouldnt seem to make him very attractive, as I think he is backend starter at best.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Diamondbacks signed RHP Keynan Middleton to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.​

Middleton was designated for assignment back at the end of August, and elected free agency rather than accept a minor league assignment. The right-hander pitched for Seattle last year with a 4.94 ERA and 1.58 WHIP over 31 innings. He'll get a chance to win a spot in the Diamondbacks' bullpen when the season starts.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About a $65M difference, which if spent right, makes Frazier the better get. If not spent better, or spent at all, then I agree.
But is it really? If Frazier does what the Mariners need him to do then either the M’s pay him more or he walks.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But is it really? If Frazier does what the Mariners need him to do then either the M’s pay him more or he walks.
Then you replace him next year. Not really an impact player in my book. They call him an All-Star which it seems half the players are these days since everyone backs out, but he did that with4 good months with Pirates and struggled with Padres. Like I wrote before, you take at his best career 4 months in 2021 with Pirates and he is only a career .272 hitter with no power. I guess my argument is based more on the fact I really didn't want Taylor so much and to be tied to him for 4 years made me like Frazier better.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you replace him next year. Not really an impact player in my book. They call him an All-Star which it seems half the players are these days since everyone backs out, but he did that with4 good months with Pirates and struggled with Padres. Like I wrote before, you take at his best career 4 months in 2021 with Pirates and he is only a career .272 hitter with no power. I guess my argument is based more on the fact I really didn't want Taylor so much and to be tied to him for 4 years made me like Frazier better.
I get the argument I guess I just don’t agree with the premise but that isn’t on you, it is more on Jerry of filling a position of need with with a bandaid.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the argument I guess I just don’t agree with the premise but that isn’t on you, it is more on Jerry of filling a position of need with with a bandaid.
I thought that too at first, but the cost was too cheap to pass up. I can see he flipped if we tank this year. Plus my biggest hope is that Frazier isn't the starting 9, but player #26 meaning we really added talent.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that too at first, but the cost was too cheap to pass up. I can see he flipped if we tank this year. Plus my biggest hope is that Frazier isn't the starting 9, but player #26 meaning we really added talent.
I think Frazier will be the starting 2B most days. With Toro planning to see time in the OF this spring I think he is likely who will be the UTL with the hope being we acquire a real 3B

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His stuff is ok but he didn't seem to have the endurance for a MLB season and once he got tired he became really ineffective. I wish him well wherever he goes but I have a feeling within the next year or two he's out of MLB. The Mariners were lucky he backed out of the rest of his contract.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Frazier will be the starting 2B most days. With Toro planning to see time in the OF this spring I think he is likely who will be the UTL with the hope being we acquire a real 3B
Toro is another head scratch move for me. Take an infielder that hasn't hit in the majors and put him out of position in the OF. STOP THIS ALREADY!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toro is another head scratch move for me. Take an infielder that hasn't hit in the majors and put him out of position in the OF. STOP THIS ALREADY!
I wont write off Toro yet but he clearly couldnt be an everyday 2B. There are some tools there that give me hope, and being brought up with the Astros and not the Mariners is nice. But regardless he should have to earn his spot in the starting 9

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont write off Toro yet but he clearly couldnt be an everyday 2B. There are some tools there that give me hope, and being brought up with the Astros and not the Mariners is nice. But regardless he should have to earn his spot in the starting 9
Agreed. I just don't get, and never have, the move to the OF even if it is just to increase his value as they say. If you truly believe in him from a franchise point of view, then let him play his natural position (3B) so he can concentrate on his hitting.

I still think he has a chance. He doesn't look as overwhelmed as most that come up. Maybe that is from being an Astro.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I just don't get, and never have, the move to the OF even if it is just to increase his value as they say. If you truly believe in him from a franchise point of view, then let him play his natural position (3B) so he can concentrate on his hitting.

I still think he has a chance. He doesn't look as overwhelmed as most that come up. Maybe that is from being an Astro.
Or just have him concentrate solely on 3B/2B. Having a bunch of utility players means either the offense isn’t very good or the offense loaded.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or just have him concentrate solely on 3B/2B. Having a bunch of utility players means either the offense isn’t very good or the offense loaded.
Yes 3B/2B. I should have said that. I have no problem with him as a utility guy with that meaning our offense is loaded, but when has that happened with the M's? We can hope.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3