• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Frenzy thread

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia Flyers Salary Cap Chart

Still got work to do. Over by 300k or so. Only one goalie.

Okay, okay. I will help you. Tabasco and our first rounder next year for Couturier.

still have pronger's 4.9 to LTIR if they need it, and mesz or coburn will be traded.. since homer went ahead and did this first, i'd say he gets next to nothing for coburn just to clear salary so they can sign a goalie.

like the deal, probably should've taken one of the rumored edmonton offers first though.. some combination of two 2nds and MPS is probably as good as its gunna get now..

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*giggles a lot* I mean, I don't like Vinny to begin with because he's honestly a whiny man...but FIVE YEARS? No wonder he took it. I don't like the Pens cap situation...but man the Flyers put it into a whole new uncomfortable state. Better hope Mason pans out.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*giggles a lot* I mean, I don't like (new flyer) to begin with because he's honestly a whiny man...but (x) YEARS? No wonder he took it. I don't like the Pens cap situation...but man the Flyers put it into a whole new uncomfortable state. Better hope (current flyer goalie) pans out.

pretty much fits every situation.

the flyers cap space really isn't that awful.. people are just reacting because it's the flyers

they're a little over the cap short a goalie, but that's with 7 dmen on the roster making over 4 mil.. one will be traded, and pronger will be on LTIR.. so that's 9 mil in space for this season.. spend 3.5 on a split time goalie and you dont even need to dip in to pronger's LTIR

they have 11 mil coming off next summer, 3-4 of which will be covered by giroux's raise (to 7-8 mil), schenn won't get a cap hit raise (already a 3.75 mil hit), couturier might get a 1-2 raise on his current 1.7.. so after the 'BIG SCARY RAISES' the flyers will probably have 5 mil in cap space, plus whatever the cap goes up (rumored to go over 70 again), to sign a dman or two, a goalie, and if there's any left, matt read. they have a bunch of potential 3rd pairing dmen on ELC's that could fill the void on defense.

5 years is a little much, but if you think the flyers are in serious cap trouble now, you haven't followed their cap very closely over the past couple years.. they're actually in great shape for them

Last edited by a moderator:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*giggles a lot* I mean, I don't like Vinny to begin with because he's honestly a whiny man...but FIVE YEARS? No wonder he took it. I don't like the Pens cap situation...but man the Flyers put it into a whole new uncomfortable state. Better hope Mason pans out.

the flyers cap space really isn't that awful.. people are just reacting because it's the flyers

they're a little over the cap short a goalie, but that's with 7 dmen on the roster making over 4 mil.. one will be traded, and pronger will be on LTIR.. so that's 9 mil in space for this season.. spend 3.5 on a split time goalie and you dont even need to dip in to pronger's LTIR

they have 11 mil coming off next summer, 3-4 of which will be covered by giroux's raise (to 7-8 mil), schenn won't get a cap hit raise (already a 3.75 mil hit), couturier might get a 1-2 raise on his current 1.7.. so after the 'BIG SCARY RAISES' the flyers will probably have 5 mil in cap space, plus whatever the cap goes up (rumored to go over 70 again), to sign a dman or two, a goalie, and if there's any left, matt read. they have a bunch of potential 3rd pairing dmen on ELC's that could fill the void on defense.

5 years is a little much, but if you think the flyers are in serious cap trouble now, you haven't followed their cap very closely over the past couple years.. they're actually in great shape for them

I just find it ironic and funny a Pens doesn't like him because "he's too whiny" lol

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How much is Read worth would you say? Also interested to see which Dman is going. Would you explain the D issues as more Bryz issues last year, or the actual D core? Why is the sky blue? (Sorry, lots of questions...I'm inquisitive)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it ironic and funny a Pens doesn't like him because "he's too whiny" lol

I'm not whiny, so it's not that ironic. And every team has whiners. But really...have you watched Vinny play? He can be quite the twit.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...did the Flyers even need a C? Aren't Schenn/Couturier/Talbot all C in addition to Giroux?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

haha i wasn't going to comment on that.. just wanted to make sure people realized the flyers cap situation isn't as bad as people think

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Jay Rosehill ($0.675m)
Michael Raffl ($0.793m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Mark Streit ($5.250m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.851m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) /
Chris Pronger ($4.941m) /
GOALTENDERS
Split-Time Goalie ($3.500m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,934,022; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,165,978

1.1 in space with pronger still counting a goalie signed at 3.5 (thomas, emery, nabakov, trade for halak, etc)

timonen and mesz off the cap next year

giroux to 8
schenn stays at 4ish
couturier goes to 3ish

so that's a wash..

cap goes up 5-6 mil and they'll need 2 dmen and a goalie.. not 100% ideal, but let's be honest, we've seen a lot worse.. and it's not like the flyers roster is likely to stay the same for an entire calendar year.. and if they need it, pronger's 4.9 is still there

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...did the Flyers even need a C? Aren't Schenn/Couturier/Talbot all C in addition to Giroux?

no. you forgot laughton too haha. apparently vinny said he's fine playing wing though. and talbot has played a ton of wing for the flyers, schenn has too. essentially the flyers are going with 12 centers up front.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not whiny, so it's not that ironic. And every team has whiners. But really...have you watched Vinny play? He can be quite the twit.

Oh, it wasn't you I was talking about :laugh3:..

98431069_display_image.jpg

crosby_wah.jpg

crosby_whining.jpg

105476635_display_image.jpg

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much is Read worth would you say? Also interested to see which Dman is going. Would you explain the D issues as more Bryz issues last year, or the actual D core? Why is the sky blue? (Sorry, lots of questions...I'm inquisitive)

i love read. he can play any position in the top 9, PP, PK, can score 20 goals.. at 900k i think he's in the running for best bang for your buck in the entire NHL right now.

that being said, if he has another good year, and GM's continue to pay the players too much money, he'll probably get 5 mil next summer.

i bet coburn goes. nobody wants glass-man meszaros and the flyers would probably move coburn before grossmann. coburn had value before they were over the cap, but i dont expect much return for him now.

the 'bryz issues' will be fixed when laviolette gets fired 2 months in. i dont blame the defense much at all, i think they quite good to be honest.. lavy just has them playing to highlight their weaknesses.. once the flyers had the phantoms d-corp late in the season (people forget the flyers used i think 14 different dmen last year because of injuries, at one point they had a better group of 6 on IR than they had in games) and lavy had them play defense instead of stretch passes, they actually looked pretty good.

sky is blue because blue has the longest wavelength and it gets caught in the atmosphere more than the rest of the colors. (i am semi-talking out my ass on this one, but i think it has something to do with wavelengths and the gasses in the atmosphere. DS will have to confirm)

:)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, it wasn't you I was talking about :laugh3:..

98431069_display_image.jpg

crosby_wah.jpg

crosby_whining.jpg

105476635_display_image.jpg

You just posted five pictures of a Captain talking to a ref. The horror. Sid did whine, he did talk crap, but I'm pretttty sure he's grown up since '05. Anyway, done with that conversation. Never been a more beaten horse. And I know you do it just to poke the bear...you poo head. I SAID IT.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha i wasn't going to comment on that.. just wanted to make sure people realized the flyers cap situation isn't as bad as people think

1.1 in space with pronger still counting a goalie signed at 3.5 (thomas, emery, nabakov, trade for halak, etc)

timonen and mesz off the cap next year

giroux to 8
schenn stays at 4ish
couturier goes to 3ish

so that's a wash..

cap goes up 5-6 mil and they'll need 2 dmen and a goalie.. not 100% ideal, but let's be honest, we've seen a lot worse.. and it's not like the flyers roster is likely to stay the same for an entire calendar year.. and if they need it, pronger's 4.9 is still there

Hahahhaha...true. I will give you this: it's a lot better now w/ Briere and Bryz off it. Man Homer is a lucky man.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love read. he can play any position in the top 9, PP, PK, can score 20 goals.. at 900k i think he's in the running for best bang for your buck in the entire NHL right now.

that being said, if he has another good year, and GM's continue to pay the players too much money, he'll probably get 5 mil next summer.

i bet coburn goes. nobody wants glass-man meszaros and the flyers would probably move coburn before grossmann. coburn had value before they were over the cap, but i dont expect much return for him now.

the 'bryz issues' will be fixed when laviolette gets fired 2 months in. i dont blame the defense much at all, i think they quite good to be honest.. lavy just has them playing to highlight their weaknesses.. once the flyers had the phantoms d-corp late in the season (people forget the flyers used i think 14 different dmen last year because of injuries, at one point they had a better group of 6 on IR than they had in games) and lavy had them play defense instead of stretch passes, they actually looked pretty good.

sky is blue because blue has the longest wavelength and it gets caught in the atmosphere more than the rest of the colors. (i am semi-talking out my ass on this one, but i think it has something to do with wavelengths and the gasses in the atmosphere. DS will have to confirm)

:)

You're on the right track w/ wave lengths...I think. And really? No Lavy?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still have pronger's 4.9 to LTIR if they need it, and mesz or coburn will be traded.. since homer went ahead and did this first, i'd say he gets next to nothing for coburn just to clear salary so they can sign a goalie.

like the deal, probably should've taken one of the rumored edmonton offers first though.. some combination of two 2nds and MPS is probably as good as its gunna get now..

Thank you. That was what I was missing.

Thank God for little loopholes.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look, pictures of a player who looks to be talking to the Ref. If that's considered whining, then every player in the league is a whiner, including every coach.

Same shit, same DUMB!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're on the right track w/ wave lengths...I think. And really? No Lavy?

yep. like him, love the style he wants to play. hate his style when you have grossmann, coburn, schenn, and some AHL-ers making up your d-corp most of the year is just stupid. you're lucky to complete 25% of your d-zone passes with them, trying to push the attack with them and having your forwards fly the zone is asking to get lit up on the scoreboard game in and game out.. regardless of how talented your goalie is (though bryz certainly couldve been better)

slow, boring and methodical (NYR with torts) is the style the flyers defense was built for, and that's not how they played at all