• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello All,

Free Agency decisions will need to be made for the Fins at some key positions:

At Oline: The Fins have to make good choices because they led the league in sacks with the group from last year. OT Z Strief 30 yrs old is the best avail but he will prob re-sign with the Saints, E Monroe is next best at 27 (yrs old) but will prob re-sign too with his team. B Albert is a solid LT, 29 yet with his injury issues the Fins have to have depth at that important position in case his back causes him to miss time. Re-signing LT McKinnie is another option for a short term contract. He played well early before all of the changes happened at guard. Clabo at RT seemed to play better as the year went along, maybe a short term contract could be a good option for the team.
At G KC has the two best avail. G Swartz , 28 & J Asamoah, 26 . The Chiefs may not be able to keep them both. One of them could be avail to the Fins at the right price. Shelley Smith, 27 is another option.
At S TJ Ward, 27 D Whitner 29, J Byrd 27 are options for the team.
At CB re-signing Brent Gimes is a must in my opinion. Hopefully one of the rookie CB's from last year can step up & claim a spot & stay healthy. Also, the team was better with Patterson on the field. With the increase in the salary cap, instead of cutting him I'd keep him & hopefully he can stay healthy & stay on the field. Michael Thomas is intriguing. Was he a one game wonder or does he have consistent skills? He had an INT to seal the victory vs the Pats in a spur of the moment performance in a big game.
At RB L Blount 27 is a good option, along with K Moreno 27, Also the draft has good talent in the 2nd & probably even 3rd round.
At DT the Fins could re-sign R Starks (if his middle finger pointing at the coaches days are behind him) & pick a run stuffing DT in the middle rounds or pick Soliai & pick from the avail free agent DTs or draft another quality DT. GM D Hickey knows the importance of this position (see Warren Sapp & TB Championship in 2002)
The Fins have the 4th most salary cap money avail, S. FL sunshine year around, & are one of the 7 states with no state income tax. (Texas & Wash are the only other states with pro football teams with no state income tax) I think the Fins have some selling points hopefully they land some top FA talent in needed positions. Also, they seem committed to having a good locker room culture. I'd be interested to read your thoughts about potential free agents that the Fins could sign.