• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
and I have to make sure my family is comfortable.”

Yes, your sister has made that abundantly clear Greg.

What is it about the word "money" that makes free agents have to talk in code about it?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize EJ Biggers was rated top 20 in coverage by PFF. Has there been an off-season this stacked with free agent CBs before?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams just cut Quinton Mikell. 32 years old but he was rated a top 5 safety by PFF.

No not saying we should sign him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams expected to go after Delmas now per PFCentral.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn bidding war with the Rams. That makes my desire for Delmas go way down

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Schefter, league sources expect Wallace to sign with Miami.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Palm Beach Post hears from "someone (it) trusts" that free agent Mike Wallace to Miami is a "done deal."
ESPN, Sports Illustrated and USA Today have all insinuated as such over the past 24 hours, making the evidence that Wallace is planning to take his talents to South Beach overwhelming. Wallace's rep could drag talks out on Tuesday for the sake of squeezing a few extra dimes out of an obviously desperate team, but it doesn't appear anyone else has near the desire level to get a deal done.
Related: Dolphins
Source: Palm Beach Post Mar 11 - 9:53 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting 5 for 60 supposedly.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No where near the 6/120 he was supposedly looking for, but probably more than I'd like to commit to him unless we could opt out easily in 2 years.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Gamble - DB - Free Agent

Free agent CB Chris Gamble is planning to retire.
"A number of teams have expressed interest in (him)," Gamble's agent said in a statement. "However, Chris informed me last night that he wants to retire. Even though he still loves football, he told me that he's decided to focus on life after football." It's stunning news for a 30 year old who seemed to have some good football left, but could be an indication the shoulder injury that limited Gamble to four games last season was more serious than previously thought. Perpetually underrated since being the No. 28 pick of the 2004 draft, Gamble will finish his career with 27 interceptions across 123 games if he's indeed hanging up his cleats. It's possible Gamble will reconsider once training camp rolls around.
Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter
Mar 11 - 11:40 AM

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Chris Gamble - DB - Free Agent

Free agent CB Chris Gamble is planning to retire.
"A number of teams have expressed interest in (him)," Gamble's agent said in a statement. "However, Chris informed me last night that he wants to retire. Even though he still loves football, he told me that he's decided to focus on life after football." It's stunning news for a 30 year old who seemed to have some good football left, but could be an indication the shoulder injury that limited Gamble to four games last season was more serious than previously thought. Perpetually underrated since being the No. 28 pick of the 2004 draft, Gamble will finish his career with 27 interceptions across 123 games if he's indeed hanging up his cleats. It's possible Gamble will reconsider once training camp rolls around.
Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter
Mar 11 - 11:40 AM

wow.. talk about unexpected. Good for him though hanging them up when he wasnt a squash.. Hopefully he has been fiscally responsible and along with the Pension program we won't have to read about him putting his body through it just for a dime in a year or two.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering Vincent Jackson got that 5 year 55 mil deal last year, that is actually a reasonable contract for Wallace. When people started throwing around Megatron numbers I was just stunned.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Vincent Jackson got that 5 year 55 mil deal last year, that is actually a reasonable contract for Wallace. When people started throwing around Megatron numbers I was just stunned.

Is Wallace as good as Jackson though? That is alot of money for a guy that just runs one route. He runs it well but he isn't a Moss is a prime either. I personally would take Jackson.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wallace as good as Jackson though? That is alot of money for a guy that just runs one route. He runs it well but he isn't a Moss is a prime either. I personally would take Jackson.

I'd rather have Vincent Jackson too. I was just thinking that at least the 5 yr 60 mil range is more reasonable than reports that he wanted Megatron and Fitz money.

Change of topic to the kickers post. Man, I hope the 49ers are just bringing Tynes in as the veteran to set the bar that the young kickers need to beat. Im kind of over these "old man" kickers after Nedney and Akers doing well but then struggling once their body finally gave out.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not FA news, but news anyway. Schefter:

Vikings trying to trade WR Percy Harvin and are in discussions with Seahawks, amongst other teams, per team sources. Seahawks favored.

And so the first blockbuster trade of the week is shaping up to involve...Percy Harvin. Imagine Harvin, Russell Wilson and Beastmode.

Edit: Sorry, Ray beat me to it.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not FA news, but news anyway. Schefter:

Vikings trying to trade WR Percy Harvin and are in discussions with Seahawks, amongst other teams, per team sources. Seahawks favored.

And so the first blockbuster trade of the week is shaping up to involve...Percy Harvin. Imagine Harvin, Russell Wilson and Beastmode.

Edit: Sorry, Ray beat me to it.

Tom Pelissero:

NFL source confirms #Vikings are in talks with #Seahawks about Percy Harvin and leans toward it happening.

Ian Rapoport:

#Vikings are, in fact, trying to trade Percy Harvin, source confirmed. #Seahawks are one team who discussed it (@AdamSchefter had it 1st)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: