• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tweet from free agent John Abraham late Saturday indicated that he's returned home after club-facility visits to the 49ers and Seahawks.
"Thanks Seahawks (and) 49ers for great visits," he said. "Back home in A(tlanta), time for some rest." Abraham has drawn interest from the Titans and Bucs as well. We expect him to command at least $5 million annually on his next deal.
Related: Seahawks, 49ers
Source: John Abraham on Twitter Mar 9 - 10:55 PM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@PFCentral: 49ers Reach Out To Agent Of Louis Delmas: The San Francisco 49ers have reached out to the agent of S Louis Delmas. 49ers Reach Out To Agent Of Louis Delmas

I could live with brining in a vet like Delmas if the price was right, but I'm not going to overpay for a safety. I'd still look at the draft too though since this season is Whitner's last.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? Tedd Ginn was one of the few best return men in the NFL his first year in SF.

When we got Ginn, we had virtually no options in the return game and less talent overall. Now we have several options as well as an improved roster. I don't want to tie up a roster spot on someone that can only contribute in one way and has almost no potential to improve.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we got Ginn, we had virtually no options in the return game and less talent overall. Now we have several options as well as an improved roster. I don't want to tie up a roster spot on someone that can only contribute in one way and has almost no potential to improve.

Agreed. KW, Cox or LMJ can handle return duties, we need players who can contribute on offense and defense.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking over the recent FA lists, there's a lot of decent to good secondary help out there. Could be able to let us have more flexibility heading into the draft if we sign someone like Glover Quinn or Keenan Lewis.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
One guy who could be a HUGE steal for some team is Kenny Phillips. He played 16 games in 2011.

Howeve, I wouldn't recommend the 49ers taking that risk because him playing 16 games this season is a long shot IMO.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy who could be a HUGE steal for some team is Kenny Phillips. He played 16 games in 2011.

Howeve, I wouldn't recommend the 49ers taking that risk because him playing 16 games this season is a long shot IMO.

I thought about him, too, but shy away for the same reason.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

RT @KimJonesSports: NYG signs DT Cullen Jenkins to a three-year deal for $8 million, $3 million guaranteed. Nice pickup ... Good job, KIm.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

RT @KimJonesSports: NYG signs DT Cullen Jenkins to a three-year deal for $8 million, $3 million guaranteed. Nice pickup ... Good job, KIm.

dragonballzmad.jpg

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well, at least Richard Seymour is still out there. Chris Canty too.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard that he signed with them but I didn't realize how reasonable it was. There is no way we didn't try to match that. My guess is that he wanted to play for the Giants.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to check myself about the anger I felt about the Jenkins signing. The past few years I've been so jacked about FA and then there's a lack of Niner news or rumors, and the signings of players I like to other teams. Then suddenly signings start to happen and I realize the FO has a plan. I'm going to be patient but I really want to see what's happening behind the scenes. Are they planning any cuts? Manningham, Whitner, Goodwin, Harylson? Is there any movement on Goldson, Walker, Sop or RJF? Are we in play for Sean Smith, Chris Houston, Or Brent Grimes?

This will all be solved soon enough but I can't help getting concerned and hopeful.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canty is supposedly close to a deal with the Packers and Jenkins wanted to stay on the East Coast according to PFCentral.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Canty is supposedly close to a deal with the Packers and Jenkins wanted to stay on the East Coast.

Well crap.

I Guess Seymour is back on top of my DE wish list. Maybe Williams Hayes? (probably too expensive / long of a contract for a depth guy).