• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Danario Alexander - WR - Chargers
Chargers assigned the original-pick tender to restricted free agent WR Danario Alexander.
The move is surprising and may indicate San Diego's new front office isn't thrilled with Alexander's knees. Rather than tender Alexander at the first- or second-round level -- and protect themselves with draft-pick compensation if a team tries signing him away -- the Chargers have left themselves open to being pick-pocketed. Alexander was originally undrafted, and San Diego would receive nothing in return if a club signed him to an offer sheet and the Bolts failed to match. Alexander is 24 years old. In a nine-game stretch last year, he racked up 37 catches for 658 yards and seven touchdowns -- numbers that extrapolate to 66/1,170/13 if prorated across 16 games.
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter Mar 9 - 11:00 AM

WTF is the point of even restricting him then? Lets get this guy's agent on the phone.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, GREAT news that the Chiefs signed Dunta Robinson! They need to have a good season so the Niners get a 2nd rounder from 'em. :)

I wish I knew the terms so I'd have some clue what CBs are getting this offseason.

Did the Chiefs break the rules of the legal tampering window with this announcement or does Daunte Robinson not count because he was released and not an unrestricted FA because his contract was up??

Clubs are further advised that prior to the beginning of the new League Year it is impermissible for a club to enter into an agreement of any kind, express or implied, oral or written, or promises, undertakings, representations, commitments, inducements, assurances of intent or understandings of any kind concerning the terms or conditions of employment offered to, or to be offered to, any prospective Unrestricted Free Agent for inclusion in a Player Contract after the start of the new League Year. Any announcement of an agreement or an agreement in principle by a club or another party, including, but not limited to, a certified agent, player, or media organization may subject the club to a tampering investigation.

That'd be lame as hell if the NFL investigated the Chiefs for tampering and then took away the draft pick that they were supposed to send the 49ers way.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Chiefs break the rules of the legal tampering window with this announcement or does Daunte Robinson not count because he was released and not an unrestricted FA because his contract was up??

That'd be lame as hell if the NFL investigated the Chiefs for tampering and then took away the draft pick that they were supposed to send the 49ers way.

I haven't looked into it but if he was cut, I'm sure it's different. Th Chiefs wouldn't do something so stupid. On the other topic, the league couldn't take our pick, that wouldn't make sense. If anything, they would take a higher pick from the Chiefs.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan O'Halloran:

#Jaguars will not be offering tenders to any of their six restricted free agents (Selvie, Bolen, Estes, Shipley, Bosworth, Potter).

Which Selvie is this? George?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was cut so he is free to sign. Just like Abraham, Jenkins, and Harrison among others.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't looked into it but if he was cut, I'm sure it's different. Th Chiefs wouldn't do something so stupid. On the other topic, the league couldn't take our pick, that wouldn't make sense. If anything, they would take a higher pick from the Chiefs.

Yeah, my first guess is that he doesn't count as an unrestricted FA listed in the memo because the Falcons terminated the contract before the league year. Whereas all the other guys are still technically employed by their previous team until Monday? is it?. But, I never know for sure because the NFL seems to have these rules and memos and then do whatever the hell they want to anyway.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports that the Patriots, Bucs, and Cardinals appear to be the "leading candidates" to land Sean Smith in free agency.
Cole concedes "things are fluid," and interestingly doesn't include the Eagles among Smith's leading landing spots. Arizona needs a bookend for Patrick Peterson, and new defensive coordinator Todd Bowles is a former Dolphins assistant. The Patriots are considering moving on from fellow free agent Aqib Talib. The Bucs have the most cap space of the trio and Smith's stated desire is to "get paid."
Related: Cardinals, Patriots, Buccaneers
Source: Jason Cole on Twitter Mar 9 - 3:48 PM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison, Abraham, and Cullen Jenkins. That would be hilarious depth for a Super Bowl run.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants, Patriots, 49ers, Cardinals, and Cowboys have reportedly all shown interested in free agent Josh Cribbs.
We wouldn't be surprised if any of the above teams signed Cribbs, but this information seems agent driven. Cribbs turns 30 soon, is limited to special teams, and doesn't contributed at wide receiver. He's hardly a hot free-agent item.
Related: Patriots, Cowboys, Cardinals, Giants, 49ers
Source: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter Mar 9 - 4:20 PM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cribbs might be Ted Ginn part two. Possibly slightly better as a return man but the same type of player.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Giants, Patriots, 49ers, Cardinals, and Cowboys have reportedly all shown interested in free agent Josh Cribbs.
We wouldn't be surprised if any of the above teams signed Cribbs, but this information seems agent driven. Cribbs turns 30 soon, is limited to special teams, and doesn't contributed at wide receiver. He's hardly a hot free-agent item.
Related: Patriots, Cowboys, Cardinals, Giants, 49ers
Source: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter Mar 9 - 4:20 PM

A possible, although I would probably say unlikely, reunion with Seely and Vernon Davis. Seely coached him in Cleveland and Davis played with him in high school.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A possible, although I would probably say unlikely, reunion with Seely and Vernon Davis. Seely coached him in Cleveland and Davis played with him in high school.

Cribbs would be a good addition. He should not come too expensive, and he's much bigger than Ginn (215 vs 180), and he can do whatever Ginn did. Maybe we can use him as a receiver better than Cleveland did.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Should have posted the Harrison news on this thread. He said he wants to stay in a 3-4 & warm weather would be nice. I hope that means Arizona.

Bills re-signed Leodis McKelvin. 4 years, a little over 20 million. CRAP! I wanted him in red & gold pretty badly. :(

Last edited by a moderator: