• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bleh! Good thing is I highly doubt it'd happen. This has been rumored about for a while now, though.

49ers, Cowboys and Browns call Wes Welker's agent - ************.com

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleh! Good thing is I highly doubt it'd happen. This has been rumored about for a while now, though.

49ers, Cowboys and Browns call Wes Welker's agent - ************.com

I certainly wouldn't be happy about that one.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I certainly wouldn't be happy about that one.

I'd be pretty dang surprised if he didn't re-up with New England. I think the majority of what's going to happen with him is just part of the negotiating process.

----------

Cardinals Contact Bart Scott?s Agent

Packers & Bears Contact Brandon Gibsons Agent

Browns & Titans Contact Cliff Avril?s Agent

Bills Have Contacted Brandon Gibson & LaRon Landry Agent

Argh! I hope Green Bay isn't Gibson's best offer. He's very talented and can be quite scary in man D. Highly inconsistent, though.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vikings Contact Agent For Jennings & Wallace

Lions Contact Reggie Bush?s Agent

Sean Smith Has Several Suitors

Soon to be free agent CB Sean Smith has a laundry list of teams who will be very interested in signing him. The New England Patriots, Cleveland Browns, Kansas City Chiefs, Denver Broncos, New Orleans Saints, ,Atlanta Falcons, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the San Francisco 49ers all will be jumping to bring Smith in for a visit.

--------

Bears Contact Agents For Brandon Moore & Ramon Foster

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good and bad news. Good news that we are interested in signing Smith and bad news that all of those others teams are also interested.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected.

Eagles contacted Dashon Goldson's agent.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOHOO!!!

That would solve one of the 3 biggest problems on the defense! All they'd need is some depth on the DL and a CB or 2, and the defense would be back to tops in the NFL!

Of course, they'd have to either sign Sopoaga or draft a NT. That shouldn't be a problem though.

I'm hoping they sign Sop and draft a NT. Any NT they draft isn't going to be ready to come in and start right away. The 3-4 is so different than anything these guys are used to so it takes time for them to learn how to play it.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So am I. But I wouldn't freak out if they drafted a NT and signed some other cheap, veteran DT to be a stop-gap.

I think that guy is Sop. He will come for very cheap as he shouldn't generate too much attention on the market (I hope). Give him a two year deal (tops) and let the youngster develop.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, GREAT news that the Chiefs signed Dunta Robinson! They need to have a good season so the Niners get a 2nd rounder from 'em. :)

I wish I knew the terms so I'd have some clue what CBs are getting this offseason.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, GREAT news that the Chiefs signed Dunta Robinson! They need to have a good season so the Niners get a 2nd rounder from 'em. :)

I wish I knew the terms so I'd have some clue what CBs are getting this offseason.

The Chiefs are really making a splash this off-season. Dorsey came in and has been impressive at every turn from the Bowe signing, Smith trade, Robinson signing, Colquitt signing and the best move he has had yet is getting Jackson to take a massive pay cut. This guy means business and is honestly the best Chiefs GM that I've seen.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two potential QB targets are no longer available for Cleveland Browns | cleveland.com

One NFL source said he still expects the Browns to try to trade for New England Patriots backup Ryan Mallett. Another said coach Patriots Bill Belichick won't part with him. The Boston Globe recently reported it would take at least a second-round pick to land Mallett, a former third-rounder.

Well, add Moore to the list. David Carr, Matt Leinart, and Matt Moore. There are more, but that's my list right now. What am I talking about? People that are content with being a backup in a profession where it seems no one should, though most don't have a choice/opportunity.

David Carr tried, but I felt that he was so unprepared in 2010 when Smith got injured in the Panthers game. He looked awful. I can't really put him on the list because he did well in New York that one year Manning got injured and Smith wasn't established here, so he could have been waiting him out. But then he looked bad.

Matt Leinart, before the Kolb trade, balked at QB competition, preferring to be released or traded than compete. He subsequently upon release went to back up Schaub, who I didn't see as leaving. When Schaub got injured, he played, ehh.

Smith when he came in the Houston Texans game, threw three TDs and if not for being hit on the last throw it might have been four for a win. It could have also been incomplete or intercepted anyway, despite the target coming open. Smith after 2010 could have gone to backup Rivers in Norv's system or a few (posters on the Niners.com board, not analysts) said backup Peyton (pre-news of injury seriousness). He came back here to try and start.

Matt Moore signs before free agency? Was this a money issue? Is he that uncovered for even competition to start? Does he think Tannehil is about to flop after a good rookie year or get injured? Is he content as a backup? Long term security could come. Maybe he could build himself up for later? If this were after the 14th or after Flynn, etc. were dealt with, fine, but as Cleveland, Arizona, neighbor Jacksonville, etc. could give him a try? The agent must know something. A stop gap starting, if he's not that good, would seem to be a better option.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the article posted. I had stopped after reading Moore resigned. Moore says it was fit first then starting/backup issue. He fit with Miami and I suppose he'll just wait. I'd still try to start or compete somewhere but I'm a different person. He must also be looking for long-term, not an opportunity to start. I would have waited for free agency, but if you know what you are going to do and the deal's the best it's going to get, I could see taking it to commit the team somewhat rather than risking your spot is taken or they later offer less. 8M/2 years isn't bad even relatively speaking. Football money is different than real life money. ;)

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez

The #Bills have re-signed CB/returner Leodis McKelvin to a four-year, $20M contract. Story being posted ASAP at @FOXSports.com

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There it is. RT @jharrison9292: It's been a great run but all good things must come to a end. Thank you Steelers Nation I will miss you all!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danario Alexander - WR - Chargers
Chargers assigned the original-pick tender to restricted free agent WR Danario Alexander.
The move is surprising and may indicate San Diego's new front office isn't thrilled with Alexander's knees. Rather than tender Alexander at the first- or second-round level -- and protect themselves with draft-pick compensation if a team tries signing him away -- the Chargers have left themselves open to being pick-pocketed. Alexander was originally undrafted, and San Diego would receive nothing in return if a club signed him to an offer sheet and the Bolts failed to match. Alexander is 24 years old. In a nine-game stretch last year, he racked up 37 catches for 658 yards and seven touchdowns -- numbers that extrapolate to 66/1,170/13 if prorated across 16 games.
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter Mar 9 - 11:00 AM