• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Al Netter - G - 49ers

49ers signed OG Al Netter, OT Carter Bykowski, WR Chuck Jacobs, DT Mike Purcell and CB Dax Swanson to reserve/future contracts.

The last we heard from Netter, he was getting popped for DUI last February. A third-year undrafted free agent, Netter has never appeared in an NFL game. Bykowski was a seventh-round pick in last April's draft, but couldn't make the team out of camp.

Jan 21 - 5:23 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex Mack - C - Browns

Impending free agent C Alex Mack is expected to test the open market.

Mack, 28, will likely be the Browns' top priority and could be franchise-tagged, but CEO Joe Banner may not believe in dolling out that kind of cash to a center. Mack is going to be a hot commodity on the open market and is easily the top center available in free agency -- he graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 1 center in 2013. He'll probably aim for a deal similar to the one Ryan Kalil signed with the Panthers at six years and $49.1 million with $19 million guaranteed. Mack has previously said he'll give the Browns a chance to match any offer, though that was before the coaching staff was fired after one season.
Source: ESPN.com

Jan 27 - 6:35 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jared Allen - DL - Vikings

The Vikings aren't expected to re-sign impending free agent RE Jared Allen.

Allen, 32 in April, started all 16 games for the sixth consecutive season and didn't miss a single contest in his time with the Vikings. However, his play fell off for much of 2013 before he finished strong and racked up 6.5 sacks over the final five games to push his season total to 11.5. Allen still has some gas left in the tank but won't make anywhere near the $14 million he earned in 2013.

Jan 27 - 6:26 PM

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Allen - DL - Vikings

The Vikings aren't expected to re-sign impending free agent RE Jared Allen.

Allen, 32 in April, started all 16 games for the sixth consecutive season and didn't miss a single contest in his time with the Vikings. However, his play fell off for much of 2013 before he finished strong and racked up 6.5 sacks over the final five games to push his season total to 11.5. Allen still has some gas left in the tank but won't make anywhere near the $14 million he earned in 2013.

Jan 27 - 6:26 PM

wonder if he would sign cheap to a contender not named the seaturds

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if he would sign cheap to a contender not named the seaturds

VERY doubtful. He will be highly sought after and I believe a contender will pay top dollar for him.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know fellas but cant a guy have a dream for one night a rotation of ray Mcdonald, Smith and Allen on the DE's thats Tomsula's wet dream from 7 years ago.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VERY doubtful. He will be highly sought after and I believe a contender will pay top dollar for him.

He's one of those guys who deserves a ring. I can see teams like Atlanta, Carolina, Dallas, Chicago, and Tennessee going after him. I do think he will have to take a little less than he wants to, though.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Julius Peppers - DL - Bears

ESPN Chicago believes there's "simply no way" RE Julius Peppers can return to the Bears in 2014 at his existing salary.

We agree. Peppers, 34, is scheduled to earn a $13.9 million base salary and count $18.183 million against the cap. A contract extension would make little sense, so Peppers will likely have to take a drastic pay cut or be outright released. Peppers could re-sign on a much cheaper deal, but the Bears would be smart to get younger on defense. Peppers admitted he's in his decline phase.
Source: ESPN Chicago

Jan 28 - 9:22 AM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Julius Peppers - DL - Bears

ESPN Chicago believes there's "simply no way" RE Julius Peppers can return to the Bears in 2014 at his existing salary.

We agree. Peppers, 34, is scheduled to earn a $13.9 million base salary and count $18.183 million against the cap. A contract extension would make little sense, so Peppers will likely have to take a drastic pay cut or be outright released. Peppers could re-sign on a much cheaper deal, but the Bears would be smart to get younger on defense. Peppers admitted he's in his decline phase.
Source: ESPN Chicago

Jan 28 - 9:22 AM

:think:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of those guys who deserves a ring. I can see teams like Atlanta, Carolina, Dallas, Chicago, and Tennessee going after him. I do think he will have to take a little less than he wants to, though.

There are a lot of those players and yes I agree he is one of them (along with Tony G, Frank Gore, Adrian Peterson, etc.). I don't know what Dallas' cap situation looks like but this seems like the type of move that they would make. I don't expect it to happen, just that it wouldn't shock me. What about Denver? They could be a treat too?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dallas is $25M over the cap and have to restructure Romo already. Loving me some Jerry Jones. Keeping them down for a long time now.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry is the problem in Dallas.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of those players and yes I agree he is one of them (along with Tony G, Frank Gore, Adrian Peterson, etc.). I don't know what Dallas' cap situation looks like but this seems like the type of move that they would make. I don't expect it to happen, just that it wouldn't shock me. What about Denver? They could be a treat too?

It's definitely a Dallas type move. That would be unfortunate considering how much I like Jared Allen. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Denver, but I'm not sure how he would work out in that defense. Wouldn't he have to transition to a 3-4 DE with Von miller and Elvis D. Already there? They will be short on cap space as it is.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a Dallas type move. That would be unfortunate considering how much I like Jared Allen. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Denver, but I'm not sure how he would work out in that defense. Wouldn't he have to transition to a 3-4 DE with Von miller and Elvis D. Already there? They will be short on cap space as it is.

Elvis? You mean Baltimore's elvis?? :whistle:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders signed RB Kory Sheets.
Sheets, 29 next month, was signed as an undrafted free agent out of Purdue in 2009 by the 49ers and made his NFL debut with the Dolphins in October of the same year. He's spent the past two season in the CFL with the Saskatchewan RoughRiders, rushing for 2,875 yards and 23 touchdowns on 516 carries. Sheets led Saskatchewan to a Grey Cup championship in November and earned MVP honors.