• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sweet!

All the Niners need to do is go get Cam Johnson back & we'll have 5 to 6 sacks tonight!

...Only kidding; I know he probably won't play a snap.

He played 7 snaps last week (6 pass, 1 run). I'm guessing after things got out of hand. Joe Barksdale will start for Rodger Saffold, though.

Jake Long has given up 11 hurries (team high) in 3 games (5 vs. AZ, 3 a piece vs. ATL and DAL). He's also been tagged for 2 sacks, both last week vs. DAL.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A couple of people have wondered about Seymour's availability.

The Blitz with Jeff Howe & Karen Guregian | Boston Herald

When asked if he'd come back to the Patriots, where he was part of all three Super Bowl championship teams, Seymour chuckled, responding "No way."

The 33-year-old former sixth overall draft pick and seven-time Pro Bowler said he is spending his time working on earning his private pilot's license.

Of course, at his age and playing ability, if a lucrative offer was presented to the 6-foot-6, 317-pound Seymour, he might consider a return to the playing field, though that appears to be a longshot based on his reaction this morning.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lavelle Hawkins - WR - Chargers

Chargers signed WR Lavelle Hawkins.

It's an indication the Bolts don't expect Malcom Floyd (neck) back any time soon. The longtime Titan couldn't make it past final cuts with the 49ers, but had a strong preseason. Hawkins should contribute mostly on special teams in San Diego.
Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Oct 1 - 1:58 PM

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

A little intrigue: The #49ers will release two players (one of whom is Marecic) and presumably add two. All to be revealed in due time.

Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

Bye-bye BJ? RT @49ers: #49ers sign LB Jermaine Cunningham, waive QB B.J. Daniels and FB Owen Marecic. READ: http://49rs.me/1fGL58m

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
Source: #49ers plan to sign QB John Skelton, whom they worked out last month.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Patriots released Zach Sudfeld today. So much for that story (with the Pats)...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't want to start a new thread for this and I've included other in-season signings in here, so:

The Cowboys signed Marvin Austin today.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
David Garrard - QB - Jets

Jets activated QB David Garrard from the exempt list.

Signed two weeks ago, Garrard's roster exemption was set to expire. He slides in as Geno Smith's backup ahead of Matt Simms. The Jets have released Brady Quinn in a corresponding roster move. Garrard "retired" in May after he couldn't get his balky knee right, but stayed in shape. In theory, he's a more viable No. 2 than Quinn, but that's provided his body actually allows him to play. Simms is No. 3 on the depth chart. Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

Oct 21 - 4:26 PM

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady Quinn, Austin Davis sign with St. Louis Rams

St. Louis Rams Should Have Taken Chance on Tim Tebow Instead of Signing Retreads

For once I agree with a Yahoo Sports "writer" because Quinn sucks, Clemons sucks, and Davis most likely sucks. STL would be smart to ride the Tebow bandwagon to A) put asses in the seats and B) get a little buzz surrounding their team. Not like the Rams are gonna even come close to the playoffs without Bradford, but they sure-as-diddly could sell a bunch of tickets/merch & get press every day with Tebow. Worst case scenario Rams lose anways, but on the 5% chance Tebow does something decent, maybe they can get a pick for him in the off season (or just stop one of the other QBs from ruining their draft spot by accidentally winning a game).

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's no big $ attached, I think Whitner is playing his way back with the 49ers IMO... he's been good as of late, unnoticed but hasn't been a complete liability as before, IMO

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Perrish Cox is heading to Seattle.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's no big $ attached, I think Whitner is playing his way back with the 49ers IMO... he's been good as of late, unnoticed but hasn't been a complete liability as before, IMO

I agree we should still draft an heir apparent but I wouldn't be upset if we resigned Whitner on a team friendly deal.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Are we making room for B.J.? We might need him to prepare for Russell Wilson, or is this due to us activating Crabtree:

McLeod Bethel-Thompson - QB - Free Agent

49ers waived QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson.

The move clears a roster spot for Michael Crabtree. A former Viking, Bethel-Thompson could have trouble finding a roster spot this time of season.

Nov 26 - 5:12 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we making room for B.J.? We might need him to prepare for Russell Wilson, or is this due to us activating Crabtree:

The move clears a roster spot for Michael Crabtree. A former Viking, Bethel-Thompson could have trouble finding a roster spot this time of season.

I thought that B.J. Daniels was on the Seattle practice squad. I could be wrong.

At least Bethel-Thompson enjoyed his trip to London. His father or grandfather won an Olympic medal there, IIRC.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The latter.