• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wallace was here for how long?? I doubt he picked up a big enough piece of the playbook to really matter. The move just wreaks of desperation on GB's part. After thinking about it for a whole off season, this tells me they still have no idea what to do about our offense. Both will probably be cut again next week.

I hope he wasn't so disgruntled and feel so used by us that he has a copy of the 49ers playbook he's willing to share. What prevents someone from sharing our playbook?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope he wasn't so disgruntled and feel so used by us that he has a copy of the 49ers playbook he's willing to share. What prevents someone from sharing our playbook?

The team erasing it.

But this is a horribly overrated issue. It's the weekly gameplan that matters. Not the basic formations and plays.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team erasing it.

But this is a horribly overrated issue. It's the weekly gameplan that matters. Not the basic formations and plays.

Exactly. Only a fraction of our playbook is scripted for a particular team, and it's fluid week to week. Even team philosophy can change week to week.

I think teams do this just to get any sort of advantage, but I don't think anyone really thinks it's that big of an edge to really matter.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saints reuniting with deep-threat Meachem

Saints agreed to terms with WR Robert Meachem, formerly of the Chargers.

It doesn't appear the deal is "officially official," but it should be in short order. In theory, Meachem fills a need as the deep threat the Saints lost when Joe Morgan went down for the season, but to say his recent play has been discouraging would be an understatement. Going on 29, Meachem appears to have lost a good deal of his signature deep speed. He was so bad for the Chargers last season, they were willing to eat $5 million guaranteed and release him at final cuts. Perhaps reuniting with Sean Payton and Drew Brees will be what the doctor ordered, but never a fantasy dynamo even before his dismal 2012, Meachem is off the re-draft radar.
Source: Bill Williamson on Twitter

Sep 3 - 2:56 PM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We re-signed Kassim Osgood. No word on who got cut.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We re-signed Kassim Osgood. No word on who got cut.

Kassim Osgood - WR - 49ers

49ers re-signed WR Kassim Osgood.

Osgood was released at final cuts by the Niners. He's one of the league's premier special teamers.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Sep 11 - 9:52 AM

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kassim Osgood - WR - 49ers

49ers re-signed WR Kassim Osgood.

Osgood was released at final cuts by the Niners. He's one of the league's premier special teamers.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Sep 11 - 9:52 AM

Barrows speculating they put Moody on injured reserve. Spillman and Osgood as gunners should be very tough.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they make this move now instead of keeping him for week one so that they don't have to guarantee his full salary? Also I know Osgood is really only a special teamer but we now have 7 receivers right?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lloyd is way too busy with his successful music rap music career to trifle with football.

Barrows: Called "Night of the Alligator Arms?" @caplannfl WR Brandon Lloyd is starring in zombie movie

Last edited by a moderator:

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
K Britt I know is injury prone...however, he is in his last year and does not look likely to want to remain in Ten. Any chance SF gives Kap a deep threat or someone to stretch the field vertically. I felt that was part of the issue in the loss to Sea, no real deep threat to stretch out the Sea D and open things underneath.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rams signed Max Starks (didn't want to post this anywhere else).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Antoine Winfield - DB - Free Agent

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports "retired" CB Antoine Winfield is working out in Houston and considering a return to "the right situation."

Winfield never filed his retirement papers after he announced his retirement. He spent the summer with the Seahawks, but Seattle was preparing to release the 36-year-old at final cuts before he hung up the cleats. The Vikings and Redskins hotly pursued Winfield along with Seattle, but those two teams are a combined 1-5. Those wouldn't seem to be ideal situations for Winfield. Contenders that could use an upgrade at slot corner are the Ravens and Texans.
Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Sep 25 - 7:19 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Rams signed Max Starks (didn't want to post this anywhere else).

Sweet!

All the Niners need to do is go get Cam Johnson back & we'll have 5 to 6 sacks tonight!

...Only kidding; I know he probably won't play a snap.