• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints sign Patrick Crayton

@Saints
Sean Payton announced the #Saints have signed WR Patrick Crayton, waived WR Brent Leonard

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Felix Jones - RB - Steelers

Steelers acquired RB Felix Jones from the Eagles in exchange for LB Adrian Robinson.

It's a clear indication that Jones wasn't going to crack Chip Kelly's squad, and that the Steelers don't want to settle for another ride on the Isaac Redman/Jonathan Dwyer merry-go-round during Le'Veon Bell's absence. Jones looked like a back living on borrowed time for the Cowboys last season, and had gained just 45 yards on 12 carries (3.75 YPC) through two preseason games for the Eagles. His arrival could spell trouble for possible third-down fill-in La'Rod Stephens-Howling, but it could also be one of Redman or Dwyer who's on thin ice. Whatever his role ends up, Jones isn't a realistic fantasy option for flex purposes.
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Aug 23 - 10:03 AM

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schef reporting Leinart to work out for Bills this week.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers add Tolzien to practice squad a week before the opening game to drain his mind of anything they can

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Packers add Tolzien to practice squad a week before the opening game to drain his mind of anything they can

fine, that's the way it goes.

the 49ers have to execute regardless of what Tolzien relays. GB will still need to stop it on the field.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wonder if the Packers signing Wallace and Tolzien will cause the 49ers and other teams to stop having a QB carousel in the pre-season.

Having a QB carousel can come back to bite you in the ass. Packers have 2 QBs now telling them everything they know.

Was it really worth it to bring in Wallace in hindsight?

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets sign Brady Quinn, and release Graham Harrell. Jets stink of desperation. :lol:

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Packers signing Wallace and Tolzien will cause the 49ers and other teams to stop having a QB carousel in the pre-season.

Having a QB carousel can come back to bite you in the ass. Packers have 2 QBs now telling them everything they know.

What insight will either of them be able to give McCarthy about our gameplan? The most they could do is tell them what plays we like to run out of certain formation and the different reads for some of the passing plays, but that can be obtained by just watching film on us.

We have one of the most complex playbooks in the NFL, which allows Roman to run so many different looks out of many different formations, so I doubt either player will be able to really help them gameplan to stop us. So good luck to them with that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What insight will either of them be able to give McCarthy about our gameplan?

Well, it didn't seem to give us much benefit either, as I think McCoy would have taken a paycut either way and he knew he wasn't playing well and was cuttable. So Wallace, maybe I agree with Maniax. Tolzien, what are you going to do, he was a legitimate number 3 QB here for awhile while our QBs were injurable, right?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Seattle cut Chris Harper? Nice. Good to see a Seahawk draft pick fail.

Harper's a big WR. I wouldn't be shocked if the Niners tried him out as a Delanie Walker kind of player.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Guess I was right:

Matt Barrows:

The #49ers are looking at Chris Harper not as a WR but as a TE, H-back in the Delanie Walker mold. He's 6-1, 235 pounds.

Matt Maiocco:

Delanie Walker was college WR when 49ers got him at (6-foot-1, 240 pounds); Chris Harper is same height and just 6 lbs lighter.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, it didn't seem to give us much benefit either, as I think McCoy would have taken a paycut either way and he knew he wasn't playing well and was cuttable. So Wallace, maybe I agree with Maniax. Tolzien, what are you going to do, he was a legitimate number 3 QB here for awhile while our QBs were injurable, right?

I don't really think McCoy is an upgrade over Tolzien. McCoy may be a little better scrambler, Tolzien maybe a bit more accurate. I probably would have just kept Tolzien and drafted Daniels, and avoided the whole McCoy - Wallace drama.

Tolzien and Daniels are already on super cheap contracts, we've got the cheapest costing QBs in the league.
Some backups in the league make more than Kaep.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Would you rather have:

A) Kaep - Tolzien - BJ Daniels

or

B) Kaep - McCoy - BJ Daniels and two pissed off ex-49ers QBs spilling their guts to the Pack? (Tolzien and Wallace)

Is McCoy really an upgrade over Tolzien, and was it worth it? There's a very small chance that actually Tolzien and Wallace spill enough beans to make us lose. Probably won't matter though, but there's still a chance.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather have:

A) Kaep - Tolzien - BJ Daniels

or

B) Kaep - McCoy - BJ Daniels and two pissed off ex-49ers QBs spilling their guts to the Pack? (Tolzien and Wallace)

Is McCoy really an upgrade over Tolzien, and was it worth it? There's a very small chance that actually Tolzien and Wallace spill enough beans to make us lose. Probably won't matter though, but there's still a chance.

Wallace was here for how long?? I doubt he picked up a big enough piece of the playbook to really matter. The move just wreaks of desperation on GB's part. After thinking about it for a whole off season, this tells me they still have no idea what to do about our offense. Both will probably be cut again next week.