• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Clark, Post your thoughts here on him please.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of you are looking just to argue with me, this was a discussion for you to chime in to put what you think down not use a microscope on what i think. BUT seeing as some of you want to, let me put this down again.
No red flags he was a 2nd round pick AT BEST and that's a reach He is a 3rd round talent but a 4th to 5th round pick based off his actual PRODUCTION. This is with NO RED FLAGS. He was not very productive in college so i ignore the "talent" and look at the production. 90% of the talking heads out there had him rated as the 20-30th best DE in this draft yet he was picked like 10th or something. This pick was a miss in my eyes because i have NO DOUBTS he would have been there in the 3rd/4th and possibly the 5th.

I believe he is there for the Hawks first 3rd rounder and they could have grabbed Lockett if they really wanted him with the 2nd this would have allowed them to Keep their picks or they could have grabbed a stud Olineman. I think something like 25-30 olineman came off the boards before the Hawks picked their first. So they got like the 30th best olineman .... Oline was the biggest need on this team. The Talent they could have got for the Oline with there 2nd round pick would have been better than Frank Clarks Talent and they could have STILL got Frank Clark. I believe that most if not all teams had Clark off their boards, no one would have risked 4th or 5th round pick on him with the flags and only 4th round production.

i hope i am wrong, but right now.. i am not. Thats the thing it's all opinions right now no one is right or wrong and only time will tell.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of you are looking just to argue with me, this was a discussion for you to chime in to put what you think down not use a microscope on what i think. BUT seeing as some of you want to, let me put this down again.
No red flags he was a 2nd round pick AT BEST and that's a reach He is a 3rd round talent but a 4th to 5th round pick based off his actual PRODUCTION. This is with NO RED FLAGS. He was not very productive in college so i ignore the "talent" and look at the production. 90% of the talking heads out there had him rated as the 20-30th best DE in this draft yet he was picked like 10th or something. This pick was a miss in my eyes because i have NO DOUBTS he would have been there in the 3rd/4th and possibly the 5th.

I believe he is there for the Hawks first 3rd rounder and they could have grabbed Lockett if they really wanted him with the 2nd this would have allowed them to Keep their picks or they could have grabbed a stud Olineman. I think something like 25-30 olineman came off the boards before the Hawks picked their first. So they got like the 30th best olineman .... Oline was the biggest need on this team. The Talent they could have got for the Oline with there 2nd round pick would have been better than Frank Clarks Talent and they could have STILL got Frank Clark. I believe that most if not all teams had Clark off their boards, no one would have risked 4th or 5th round pick on him with the flags and only 4th round production.

i hope i am wrong, but right now.. i am not. Thats the thing it's all opinions right now no one is right or wrong and only time will tell.

One GM notes,

"I would've taken him in the third round," a general manager from another NFL team told USA TODAY Sports, speaking on condition of anonymity for competitive reasons. "I saw the remorse in his eyes. I saw his body language. He understands that he can never do it again."

Rumors are that it was the Raiders GM who was drafting 7th in the 3rd round, only 8 picks behind our 2nd round pick... 8 picks... So it's obvious that a player they really wanted, wouldn't be available to them in the 3rd round...

The Hawks drafted him because of his pass rush potential... They draft guys that fit their system/style... It's apparent that a guy they coveted, would not be available to them in the 3rd round...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, who valued him where is moot. Seattle placed an extremely high value on his potential because of the very unique role of the Leo slot in their defense. Maybe he does slide to the late 3rd round, but given how important that role is, and how hard it has been for Carroll to find one at the pro level, there is no doubt they HAD to take him asap. There were tons of OL, WR, and other great athletes in the draft to be taken all over the place. There was but one potential Leo in the draft on their board and after 4 years of looking for one they went for it.

It wasn't just the right decision, it was the only decision they could make.