• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four Seasons Loco Coffee and Total Landscaping Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump: If a plane goes down and over 500 people die, the press won't cover it because they're fixated on COVID.

Uh huh - It's almost as if he's wishing for a plane to crash to take some of the focus away.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m honestly putting all of this on sturgis
TL-DR - saw Sturgis documentary, besides biker lady boobs it looked stupid

I grew up in an odd little neighborhood*, the streets around me were fine but a few over were pretty rough - not so much violent rough, but kind of downtrodden quit school at 15 and hang out on corners drinking all day rough. But I knew a lot of those people and as we got older there were some parties with a very mixed crowd. At one of these parties someone brought a VHS tape with a "documentary" about Sturgis. It was basically a sales pitch for the festival. Besides some naked women that only a teen would really want to see - me and my friends thought it looked really stupid. 3/4 of the people at the party thought it looked awesome and wanted to go ASAP. A lot of them are dead now. When I think of Sturgis that's what I think of - I will avoid at all costs.

*odd because it was half city - half county. I lived in the county by about 100 yards - you could tell because the street paving changed and the street lights were different. So the city had a block or so of about 10 streets then nothing but ports and industrial areas for miles. Why they never came to an agreement to let the county have or run the area I'll never know. Kids 10 houses down from me had to go to city schools miles away (the education quality difference was clear). The city never did any real upkeep on that area and the city police rarely had a presence there as it was a pain for them to get to.

Sorry wistful day here

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump: If a plane goes down and over 500 people die, the press won't cover it because they're fixated on COVID.

Uh huh - It's almost as if he's wishing for a plane to crash to take some of the focus away.
Dollars to donuts he has asked about shooting down a passenger jet.

I grew up in an odd little neighborhood*, the streets around me were fine but a few over were pretty rough - not so much violent rough, but kind of downtrodden quit school at 15 and hang out on corners drinking all day rough. But I knew a lot of those people and as we got older there were some parties with a very mixed crowd. At one of these parties someone brought a VHS tape with a "documentary" about Sturgis. It was basically a sales pitch for the festival. Besides some naked women that only a teen would really want to see - me and my friends thought it looked really stupid. 3/4 of the people at the party thought it looked awesome and wanted to go ASAP. A lot of them are dead now. When I think of Sturgis that's what I think of - I will avoid at all costs.

*odd because it was half city - half county. I lived in the county by about 100 yards - you could tell because the street paving changed and the street lights were different. So the city had a block or so of about 10 streets then nothing but ports and industrial areas for miles. Why they never came to an agreement to let the county have or run the area I'll never know. Kids 10 houses down from me had to go to city schools miles away (the education quality difference was clear). The city never did any real upkeep on that area and the city police rarely had a presence there as it was a pain for them to get to.

Sorry wistful day here
Funny how much of the whole area could be described like that... All of Edgewood and Joppatowne were exactly the same. Magical place.

My sister's first husband was a biker. And I mean full on. Every gift he ever requested had to have some sort of Harley logo in it. Even his "Applying for a job suit" featured a tie with Harley logos. He would always talk of his dream to go to Sturgis. I asked why, and he was all about the experience. And my thought was "you want to ride a bike 3,000 miles just to be one of a bazillion guys on a bike?" I asked what he could do there that he couldn't do at OC bike week and he was like "It's all different people and bikes". He genuinely could not understand why I thought it was stupid.

He was all about the whole bikers wave to each other thing. I was driving a VW bug at the time, and there is a cult around those cars, but I would never counsider waving at another person who just so happened to buy the same vehicle as me without feeling like a nutter.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny how much of the whole area could be described like that... All of Edgewood and Joppatowne were exactly the same. Magical place.

My sister's first husband was a biker. And I mean full on. Every gift he ever requested had to have some sort of Harley logo in it. Even his "Applying for a job suit" featured a tie with Harley logos. He would always talk of his dream to go to Sturgis. I asked why, and he was all about the experience. And my thought was "you want to ride a bike 3,000 miles just to be one of a bazillion guys on a bike?" I asked what he could do there that he couldn't do at OC bike week and he was like "It's all different people and bikes". He genuinely could not understand why I thought it was stupid.

He was all about the whole bikers wave to each other thing. I was driving a VW bug at the time, and there is a cult around those cars, but I would never counsider waving at another person who just so happened to buy the same vehicle as me without feeling like a nutter.
That whole waving at other bikes/vettes/jeeps thing drives me berserk.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry wistful day here
I’ve seen quite a few areas like that. It’s amazing how different things can be despite proximity.

But yeah, Sturgis is like the older version of Coachella. I could never imagine wanting to be there and yet half my friends would go every year and tell me I’m dumb for not getting gouged thousands of dollars to get burned alive every May.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry wistful day here

I grew up 5 blocks from a Hells Angels chapter clubhouse. The kids in our neighbourhood pretty much all did some very low level petty crime/mischief. It was blue collar and alot of the kids dads were longshoremen or worked in trades. Kids didnt announce to everyone “my dads a hells angel”. You just knew who was who because that 9 year old was the kid you could go to to buy firecrackers lol Or the 15 year old would show up to PE class one day in highschool wearing a tshirt emblazoned with “east end chapter supporter” on it... usually after he got in some sort of fight/bullying episode ... so the tshirt would end things

Anyway this whole sturgis/bike culture is just a bunch of poseurs wanting to look the alpha tough guy. Its all image and not real. Not saying sometimes these beta loons dont turn and do something violent.

The hells angels like/want/encourage this culture in society so the real bad guys (them) can blend in to society and do their thing anonymously (except for those times they put on those vests which believe it or not isnt 24/7) with the facade of being just another regular joe who likes to ride the open roads and feel the freedom hitting them in the face

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He truly is a brilliant first class showman narcissist who is utterly lacking in basic empathy and critical thinking skills. What is so worrisome is his ability to enamor the sheep with his razzle dazzle that lacks substance and integrity in any degree.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry wistful day here
Really nuanced and heartfelt post here. I feel ya.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think there is a generation that was deeply affected by the wistful pull and nostalgia of the movie Easy Rider. There is a purity of the biking lifestyle portrayed in that movie that calls to many. Just look at the popularity of the Netflix special covering the conflicts that arise in that lifestyle.

SN: Excellent flick imo.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. That movie didn't end well for the bikers

/50 years long enough to forego the spoiler alert?
Hey the female equivalent Thelma and Louise ends the same...so does Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Bonnie and Clyde...need I continue? Ha!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a generation that was deeply affected by the wistful pull and nostalgia of the movie Easy Rider. There is a purity of the biking lifestyle portrayed in that movie that calls to many. Just look at the popularity of the Netflix special covering the conflicts that arise in that lifestyle.

SN: Excellent flick imo.

Easy rider (the wistful) plus rolling stones having HA as security at Altamont (the fistfull)

/Gimme shelter is a damn good docu

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
American public has always been fascinated with freedom and lawlessness (or is it?). That has appeal to almost all, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.