• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foster Farms Bowl Thread

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many bowl games. Nebraska playing proves it. They are 5-7 in a bad "power" conference. Nobody wins in this game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA ranks 62 in total defense
Rush defense ranked 88
pass defense ranked 41

As I recall, Purdue had a bad rush defense and Nebraska threw the ball 48 times.

Nebraska with no pass rush against a team that allowed just 15 sacks with a freshman QB in Rosen.

But UCLA is a way better team than Purdue. Nebraska will probably be playing from behind the entire game so Langsdorf will have an excuse to throw the ball 80 times.

2012 Riley and Oregon State beat UCLA. Nebraska lost to that same UCLA team. Mora took over UCLA
2011 Riley and Oregon State lost to UCLA. Old UCLA coach
2010 Riley and Oregon State lost to UCLA. Old UCLA coach
2009 Riley and Oregon State beat UCLA. Old UCLA coach
2008 Riley and Oregon State beat UCLA. Old UCLA coach

2015 UCLA beat Oregon State 41-0.

Skippy Neuheisel was UCLA's coach in

2008 (4-8)
2009 (7-6)
2010 (4-8)
2011 (6-7)

Skippy is one of those guys that no matter how many 4 and 5 star players you give him, he can't put it together.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Cav seems to be eluding to what some of us are thinking

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your comment is irrelevant.

Sorry, you don't deserve to be in a bowl game. I get the excitement though. I'd be excited if my garbage team got to play in something reserved for teams that typically have to be at least average.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Cav seems to be eluding to what some of us are thinking

Let's see....

I thought the coaches were supposed to help shape these young men?

Did Cavanaugh let Tanner see the field in 2015? No.

Was Tanner a State Champion in wrestling? Yes. I think he went UNDEFEATED his senior year.

Did Tanner get arrested for Marijauna? Yes.

Was he bored because he wasn't getting to play much football? Maybe.

Tanner comes from a good family, and I personally think the marijauna thing only happened because he had too much time on his hands during football season. The kid would ride his bicycle in full football pads to practice, it was not a short bike ride either.

If Tanner thinks he can wrestle and practice football, I say let him go for it.

I would rather have Tanner Farmer wrestling, getting better at balance, keeping his strength up, than have too much off time because there isn't football.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main question was will it interfere with foosball, not is he good at wrestling, according to his coach it is

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skippy Neuheisel was UCLA's coach in

2008 (4-8)
2009 (7-6)
2010 (4-8)
2011 (6-7)

Skippy is one of those guys that no matter how many 4 and 5 star players you give him, he can't put it together.

I can't believe Skippy is a commentator on the PAC Network - hard to listen to the airhead talk.

Carry on fair Husker Gents, I will be heading for Vegas to marry off my 3rd and youngest daughter and will most likely be off the Hoop till next week. Two weddings in the same year, damn, I would say it is better to have sons, but many folks with young men ending up paying for 1/2 or all of the wedding these days - not in my case so I'm officially broke.

GBR

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Skippy is a commentator on the PAC Network - hard to listen to the airhead talk.

Carry on fair Husker Gents, I will be heading for Vegas to marry off my 3rd and youngest daughter and will most likely be off the Hoop till next week. Two weddings in the same year, damn, I would say it is better to have sons, but many folks with young men ending up paying for 1/2 or all of the wedding these days - not in my case so I'm officially broke.

GBR

Commentators are for the ignorant. Anyone with knowledge of the game already knows everything said.

"They need to convert this 1st down if they want to continue this drive". Well no fucking shit, Sherlock.

Have a safe trip to Vegas!!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry, you don't deserve to be in a bowl game. I get the excitement though. I'd be excited if my garbage team got to play in something reserved for teams that typically have to be at least average.

My team isn't garbage, but they ARE having a garbage year. What was your point in coming here, punk? We're already not happy about the season, so why come here to pour salt on the wounds?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's see....

I thought the coaches were supposed to help shape these young men?

Did Cavanaugh let Tanner see the field in 2015? No.

Was Tanner a State Champion in wrestling? Yes. I think he went UNDEFEATED his senior year.

Did Tanner get arrested for Marijauna? Yes.

Was he bored because he wasn't getting to play much football? Maybe.

Tanner comes from a good family, and I personally think the marijauna thing only happened because he had too much time on his hands during football season. The kid would ride his bicycle in full football pads to practice, it was not a short bike ride either.

If Tanner thinks he can wrestle and practice football, I say let him go for it.

I would rather have Tanner Farmer wrestling, getting better at balance, keeping his strength up, than have too much off time because there isn't football.

It looks there's going to be quite a few close games again next season, so the way they don't substitute on the offensive line unless someone gets injured, he may not get any playing time in 2016 either, so yeah, I say let him wrestle.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another name for a specific part of the male anatomy is a Johnson. :D

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things get hectic from tonight till Sunday so I just wanted to say that my group and I ate lunch at a table next to some of the Utah Utes football team. Pretty cool.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA OL Alex Redmond hires agent, won't play in Foster Farms Bowl

excerpt:
UCLA coach Jim Mora said Tuesday that offensive lineman Alex Redmond has left the team and would not play in Saturday night's Foster Farms Bowl. Redmond has hired an agent and is preparing for the NFL draft.

Redmond, a junior, was the team's starting right guard and started 10 games in 2015. He started eight games in 2014. According to the Orange County Register, Redmond's declaration for the draft puts the UCLA offensive line in a bit of a pickle.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPE will not be ready for Spring ball, Coach Riley is selling his house and moving downtown due to his wife's illness as per channel 3.

In other news, I got back safe from Vegas, but Sunday night was hectic and stressful as my daughters and their families were on the strip and across the street from where that gal drove her car into the crowd. According to my 2nd daughter it happened between the time they parked at the Bellagio and walked outside. I had a hard time getting a reply back from the youngest who got married the night before and I was worried sick. The new son-in-law shot video of some of the first responders arriving on scene. Luckily, none from my group was hurt/killed. I took pictures two nights before the accident in the exact spot where those folks were run over.

Enough good news, I want to see our Huskers kick butt this week. GBR