• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forbes piece estimates most overpaid players

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Personally, I think Romo sucks. Just too inconsistent and makes too many mistakes that cost his team too many games. I don't see Romo ever QBing a team to better than a 10 win season.

I agree with that except for the word "ever" because if the defense becomes good enough it could possibly carry him past that mark. But that's my point: evem a QB like Romo got over 100 million. If Romo's worth 108 million these days then Flacco's worth what he got IMO.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that except for the word "ever" because if the defense becomes good enough it could possibly carry him past that mark. But that's my point: evem a QB like Romo got over 100 million. If Romo's worth 108 million these days then Flacco's worth what he got IMO.

I'd still say that Romo is worth more because of my knowledge of Flacco. But you make a great point! Romo created about the same amount of turnovers that Roethlisberger did last year. (That's if you were to calculate it out to where Ben played a full season). But nobody considers Ben in the same boat as Romo because he has SB rings. I think if Romo was on a different team then it would be a better indicator. Hard to say, but I think Romo receives too much flak.

Also don't get me wrong... I'm not a Romo groupie or a fan either, but I'm just more against Flacco's contract.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo chokes hard and loses games. Flacco doesn't.

That's the difference.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Romo's not worth it. He's too inconsistent and I don't care what the stats say. The SCOREBOARD is far more important and that aint working out so good for the guys in Dallas. The SCOREBOARD is the only stat that really counts in a team sport.

The Cowboys should have given up on him and gone after somebody else. Now they're stuck with him. Good luck. They'll need lots of it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo chokes hard and loses games. Flacco doesn't.

That's the difference.

....What? Did you even watch Flacco's regular season last year? Particularly his road games??? Flacco may not throw the last second pick or fail when it counts, but he will have an awful all-around game.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's getting to the point that even a decent QB is worth a 90-100 million dollar contract in FA. A great one like Flacco's certainly worth a lot more.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree fellas! Both are decent QB's, and definitely franchise status worthy IMHO. But I would definitely take Romo if push came to shove.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....What? Did you even watch Flacco's regular season last year? Particularly his road games??? Flacco may not throw the last second pick or fail when it counts, but he will have an awful all-around game.

Every QB has bad games. Most don't throw games away. It's not the same, and romo is the latter.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is not a franchise QB by any means.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every QB has bad games. Most don't throw games away. It's not the same, and romo is the latter.

Roethlisberger threw away a few games last season.. And a lot more over the past few seasons. Both to Dallas & Cincy in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. Would you consider Ben a choke artist?

But also I obviously have an AFC-weighted opinion. I don't follow the NFC as well, but I can look at the stats and say Romo looked like he had a decent season.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben is not a choke artist but he also is not a franchise QB.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree fellas! Both are decent QB's, and definitely franchise status worthy IMHO. But I would definitely take Romo if push came to shove.

And you'd end up like Cowboys fans. Not sure if they are ever going to win a game, not until the last second ticks away and Romo no longer has a chance to blow it.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the NFC as well, but I can look at the stats and say Romo looked like he had a decent season.

The stats don't tell the story. Not even half of it. Watch Romo this year and you'll see what we're talking about.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like saying every player o the Chiefs is over-paid because they could have just as easily paid 53 women the league minimum & gotten the same outcome last season.

Not every player on the Chiefs; only players on the KC defense who are also among the eighth highest paid players in the league are as overpaid as Williams! { } <---- the empty set.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not every player on the Chiefs; only players on the KC defense who are also among the eighth highest paid players in the league are as overpaid as Williams! { } <---- the empty set.

The rationale is still a slippery slope. Saying Mario is over-paid because the Bills' defense as a whole was bad shows a great misunderstanding of how the NFL works. Citing the result of the team overall to determine one player's value makes no sense because the "same result" rationale can be applied every year to whoever gets the #1 overall pick in the draft.

The truth is Mario is at least one of the 8 most valuable defensive players in the NFL, and there's a reason he makes so much money.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben is not a choke artist but he also is not a franchise QB.

What a joke... I would love to argue with you on this but theres no point. :deadhorse:

"Sweet dreams are made of these..."

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what it doing, but a list that includes Larry Fitzgerald as one of the most overpaid guys in the league is hard to take seriously.

I think they're looking at it this way... If you buy an expensive pair of headphones and you're deaf, it's fair to say that you're wasting your money. It's not the fault of the headphones and it's not a statement on how good they are. But you've still wasted your money.

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz is the man and I would of been completely OK if the Hawks would of signed him the same type of contract the Cards did.

Wilson to Fitz for the TD would be sweet to hear!!!!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're looking at it this way... If you buy an expensive pair of headphones and you're deaf, it's fair to say that you're wasting your money. It's not the fault of the headphones and it's not a statement on how good they are. But you've still wasted your money.

It doesn't matter. Not only is he a piece to build a team around in the future if they were capable of doing so, but he makes them more than that in revenue. He is worth every penny, even when they can't use him right.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Matt Flynn????

that list is incomplete without him