• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For my ESPN league

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, NFL is done with. And I almost won the thing if I didn't make a late trade. Some people tend not to want to respond because of how that all went down on the FF forums. Get over it.

Now here are my keepers
3 hitters-Abreu, Rendon, Springer
3 pitchers-Cueto, C.Hamels, Cole
Non keepers for hitting include Reyes, Rios, C Gonzo, Trumbo, E.Cabrera, McCann
Non keepers for pitching include Quintana, DeGrom, Lee

Am I making a mistake keeping Rendon or Springer over CarGo? From what I read Rios has a adp at the 14th round. Am I making a mistake keeping Rendon, Springer, Cole, or Hamels over Degrom or Lee?

I am currently looking up the game logs on all the pitchers that are studs or rising to help with my draft choices in that particular department.

I would like stout pitching first and foremost. Thats what I am aiming to get with maybe one possible stud that isn't kept to bolster my hitting. So starting round 7 when the draft starts. What should my priorities be each round? Btw this is 12 team roto league that is 10x7 where hitting includes doubles, triples, HRs, OSs, and DPTs;pitching includes shutouts and blown saves.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I might be reluctant to drop DeGroom. Looking at his numbers from last year the other day and he was pretty impressive. Think I'd lean toward keeping him over Cole.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also keep DeGrom over Cole.

And yes, I'd keep those hitters over CarGo.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he did look good last year but its the mets. And Cole's gotten better each year and some say he's ready to take the next step. Idk who's going to be available in the draft but I am hoping Bumgarner is not a keeper. I want him and Price to go with my pitchers if they are available. And I'm looking at drafting Shoemaker, McHugh, Smyly, and Stroman late. I'm still looking up more game logs from last year though so those are who I like atm I think I can get late.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole vs DeGrom is certainly debatable. Cole won't hurt you that's for sure. Don't wait too long on Stroman. His stock is rising.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep Rendon and Springer over Cargo. Cole and deGrom is a tough one.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cole over deGrom

Cole has the bigger upside... DeGrom doesn't have much room to improve and will likely get worse...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i hate your 10X7 format... especially with the categories that were added... Not sure why those were the added categories, they don't really affect anything!!!

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay nevermind the thought of getting Bumgarner and Price. They are top five pitchers coming into this season after doing my pre-draft rankings. Last year Bumgarner was 3rd or 4th round in CBS and was also drafted in the keeper league last year.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i hate your 10X7 format... especially with the categories that were added... Not sure why those were the added categories, they don't really affect anything!!!

Thats the LM, not me. Its to make the league harder I guess.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the LM, not me. Its to make the league harder I guess.

But that's the thing, it doesn't... Complete games is a rare thing in todays baseball, so the leader will likely have less than 20, and there might be teams with 0 that is just a silly category... Blown saves, all closers blow around the same amount of saves(unless they lose their jobs) and with this category, now it is more likely for owners to punt the category...

Having doubles as a category is redundant, because you already have HRs as a category it only weakens the value of the slap hitter, and strengthens the already most valuable style of of play... Double plays and triples, are also rare stats, rare stats are not fun to use as categories... I don't have any issue with SOs, but there are better categories IMO... And i just hate the unbalanced rotisserie... Also, the more categories, the worse, because that means punting a category doesn't hurt you as much...

I understand it is the LM, i just like debating theoretical fantasy, and there is nothing better than arguing formats...

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been that way since it started. I already have been trying to use the punt strategy. Doubles come from good hitters or hot hitter. Though getting 12-14 doubles in a week is usually good enough to win category. Blown saves do happen but with really good closers they are able to bounce back from one and offset the ERA hit that is taken I'm aiming for pitching, stolen bases, and batting averages over 2.70.

Nos is supposed to be back as my co-owner so having him from the start will help.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to start another long all about me thread here. But I'm wondering if I should just pass over the draft responsibilities to my co-owner? If this team wins it all, I would feel like I should not be given the credit. I know free agency plays a major role in staying a winning team as well but I want pitching early, he wants hitting.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think anyone but you can answer that question.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's your team we will do what you want but you really need to stop trading and dropping people if they get off to a bad start. You did okay last year you just need to be more patient.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been that way since it started. I already have been trying to use the punt strategy. Doubles come from good hitters or hot hitter. Though getting 12-14 doubles in a week is usually good enough to win category. Blown saves do happen but with really good closers they are able to bounce back from one and offset the ERA hit that is taken I'm aiming for pitching, stolen bases, and batting averages over 2.70.

Nos is supposed to be back as my co-owner so having him from the start will help.

I don't think you should draft any closers, you'll lose one stat and win another and be able to carry a couple more starters. Just add a couple SP/RP.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's your team we will do what you want but you really need to stop trading and dropping people if they get off to a bad start. You did okay last year you just need to be more patient.

I did okay last year? I don't think so. Maybe I would be over .500 if I held on to Stanton but I don't know if it would have been enough.

I'm going to go after hitters early though but if there's at least one ace I have to get him. I do want Wacha, because he's going to have to step up as the new lead cards pitcher if Wainwright ends up having TJS this season. It ain't gonna be Lackey.