• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foles vs. Bradford

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did St. Louis get better or worse with that trade?

Sure Bradford was never healthy but at least he knew the system and is due to actually finish a season healthy.

Foles had an amazing season two years ago and then hit a brick wall.

I honestly don't know where I stand on this one.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either will turn out to be much. Foles is too rigid and his accuracy isn't always great,especially when pressured. Bradford could be pretty good but guys who can't stay healthy, can't stay healthy.

If I were to handicap the trade I would say something like

60% chance both teams are looking for new QBs next year, or at least not starting these guys.
25% the Eagles win the trade because Bradford stays healthy and works in Kelly's system
15% the Rams win the trade because Foles shows that last year was an aberration.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60% chance both teams are looking for new QBs next year, or at least not starting these guys.
25% the Eagles win the trade because Bradford stays healthy and works in Kelly's system
15% the Rams win the trade because Foles shows that last year was an aberration.

Sounds about right. I think Maclin was injured the year Foles had some really good numbers, but he still had some good weapons that year. The Rams O is not exactly an embarrassment of riches, so it may be tougher sledding in STL. Will be interesting to see him face the LOB with Cary Williams providing a little scouting report.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams really don't have any out standing weapons on offense, so I think a tough go for whoever is the QB for now.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah lets not forget that nick foles had jerem maclin, DeSean Jackson (at one point), LeSean McCoy, Darren Sproles, Jordan Mathews, Riley Cooper and zach ertz... Now all I see on the Rams offensive roster is Tavon Austin and Stedmon Bailey so we will see

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams really don't have any out standing weapons on offense, so I think a tough go for whoever is the QB for now.
Yeah. Tavon Austin is probably the most potentially dangerous guy. Kenny Britt maybe? That RB they drafted out of Auburn last year looked pretty good. Their D is gonna keep them in almost every game though. If Foles plays steady and doesn't take silly risks then to me they look like the #2 team in the division.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Tavon Austin is probably the most potentially dangerous guy. Kenny Britt maybe? That RB they drafted out of Auburn last year looked pretty good. Their D is gonna keep them in almost every game though. If Foles plays steady and doesn't take silly risks then to me they look like the #2 team in the division.
You them ahead of the Cards? Could be, not really sure myself.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You them ahead of the Cards? Could be, not really sure myself.
I think so. The D is better, and I don't trust Palmer to stay healthy. It's a close call. The thing I'm most sure of in this division right now is SF being last.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so. The D is better, and I don't trust Palmer to stay healthy. It's a close call. The thing I'm most sure of in this division right now is SF being last.

I put the Rams ahead of the Cardinals as well... They've had so much bad luck w/ Bradford getting hurt year in and year out... I think a change of QB is just what the Dr would order... Consistency is what's been missing from the QB position... Can't be consistent if you're constantly having to play your backups year in and year out... Foles isn't great but he's solid enough to keep them in games /w that defense...

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all comes down to protection. Whoever has it, wins.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put the Rams ahead of the Cardinals as well... They've had so much bad luck w/ Bradford getting hurt year in and year out... I think a change of QB is just what the Dr would order... Consistency is what's been missing from the QB position... Can't be consistent if you're constantly having to play your backups year in and year out... Foles isn't great but he's solid enough to keep them in games /w that defense...
You may be right. However the Cards have better weapons on offense IMO, at least at WR and the defense the Cards have is stout. If the Cards can keep Palmer in one piece, I think he's the better QB then Foles. Not to sure about Palmer making thru the season so.....?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right. However the Cards have better weapons on offense IMO, at least at WR and the defense the Cards have is stout. If the Cards can keep Palmer in one piece, I think he's the better QB then Foles. Not to sure about Palmer making thru the season so.....?
The Cards D fell off as the season wore on though. Look where they ended up statistically, and it's not that impressive.... especially when you consider the NFC West didn't really boast prolific offenses.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards D fell off as the season wore on though. Look where they ended up statistically, and it's not that impressive.... especially when you consider the NFC West didn't really boast prolific offenses.
Got to consider the stress put on the defense by a offense lacking the starting QB then having to play a third string QB. Yeah I know the Rams played a backup QB also, but I still think the Cards injuries on offense trumped the Rams injuries myself. Over all I think their defense is better then the Rams. Other then the DL the Cards are better on defense and the Cards DL is good also.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what it comes done to is, I thought the Cards were dangerous on offense with Palmer, I never felt that way with Bradford. The Cards just have better WRs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Cards it ultimately comes down to how much of an impact losing Todd Bowles would be. Arians is an offensive guy so you can't just assume it would be a simple replacement.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to consider the stress put on the defense by a offense lacking the starting QB then having to play a third string QB. Yeah I know the Rams played a backup QB also, but I still think the Cards injuries on offense trumped the Rams injuries myself. Over all I think their defense is better then the Rams. Other then the DL the Cards are better on defense and the Cards DL is good also.
I might buy that for giving up some more points on short fields, but not for efficiency stats. Arizona D finished in the 20s in yards per play, yards per rush, and yards per pass attempt. All told, their D just wasn't that great. Now they lost Cromartie and Dockett isn't coming back. We talk about windows a lot... I think 2014 was Arizona's and it crumbled down the stretch. I think they'll slip in '15.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Cards it ultimately comes down to how much of an impact losing Todd Bowles would be. Arians is an offensive guy so you can't just assume it would be a simple replacement.

Good point, but the Cards seem to be good on defense with who ever is DC lately. They got some great personal. Don't forget that the Seahawks are also going thru DCs. True Pete is considered the brains on the defense and Arians is a offense guy. I'm going to give the Cards the benefit of the doubt, until they show differently.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say the Rams got the better end of this deal. They have a QB on the cheap and can move on from him if they wish too without an issue. Plus picked up a second rounder for an oft injuried QB is mind boggling how that even happened. Philly is going to sink or swim with Bradford and don't really have a choice but to sign him to a contract. If Philly doesn't sign Bradford, then what a waste giving up a second round pick.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams did good with that trade. I heard Cards going after AP. Mmmmm that would make things interesting. Looks like the 49ers in the cellar for the division this year.