• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

flyers interested in luongo?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't enjoy the idea of getting Lu as much as I did the Bryz for Miller rumor from last year.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather grab a kid like bernier then hang another anchor around my neck. Let the kid earn the job as Bryzs backup and let's the chips fall where they may.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be Brz or die trying Boys

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather grab a kid like bernier then hang another anchor around my neck. Let the kid earn the job as Bryzs backup and let's the chips fall where they may.

We had that, his name was Bobrovsky. This organization has no patience with young goaltenders, if you're not an all-star they don't want you.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had that, his name was Bobrovsky. This organization has no patience with young goaltenders, if you're not an all-star they don't want you.

Yep they've been tough but remeber that bob wasn't a high draft pick or highly touted he was a pleasent surprise. In any case they didn't seem to show enough confidence in him which pissed me off.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep they've been tough but remeber that bob wasn't a high draft pick or highly touted he was a pleasent surprise. In any case they didn't seem to show enough confidence in him which pissed me off.

he wasn't a high draft pick or highly touted during his draft year, but he was at least sought after as an undrafted free agent.. i dont remember any other specific teams but that was a 'bidding war' that the flyers won

regardless, patience with goalies is not something the flyers have.. they really haven't in the past 20 years.. i think a lot of that comes from the fact that they seem to be very adept at drafting forwards, and do pretty well acquiring dmen through trades and are therefore usually at the top of standings 'just a goaltender away'.. and they've frequently been in the 'the windows closing' mode so they haven't had a choice to be patient with a goalie

i do find it interesting looking back, that they decided to sign bryzgalov to a ridiculous contract at the same time they decided to go with a massive youth movement up front.. they were kinda given the perfect opportunity to bring along a young goalie

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he wasn't a high draft pick or highly touted during his draft year, but he was at least sought after as an undrafted free agent.. i dont remember any other specific teams but that was a 'bidding war' that the flyers won

regardless, patience with goalies is not something the flyers have.. they really haven't in the past 20 years.. i think a lot of that comes from the fact that they seem to be very adept at drafting forwards, and do pretty well acquiring dmen through trades and are therefore usually at the top of standings 'just a goaltender away'.. and they've frequently been in the 'the windows closing' mode so they haven't had a choice to be patient with a goalie

i do find it interesting looking back, that they decided to sign bryzgalov to a ridiculous contract at the same time they decided to go with a massive youth movement up front.. they were kinda given the perfect opportunity to bring along a young goalie

i believe we all discussed this exact same thing when they were eyeing ilya for a contract. in fact i remember we were all about giving nabokov a one year deal and trying to develop a young goalie behind him.

i give the flyers credit for the most part in building solid teams and having a great organization. just seems sometimes they can't help themselves but to try and appease the fanbase as a whole (which i dont think is as knowledgeable on average or close to the hockey intuition that is on this board). its not a bad thing, because in the end of the day you know they are always doing their best to make the fans happy, not a lot of teams do that.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true gents its tough to go youth especially in net when you're always in the playoffs...haha! In any case guys like Bernier and Schneider were talked about and I believe that both of those young goalies will do well. I'd also like to think that they could have been had. Heck even Quick was rumored for a while and some guys kept saying he was shit....crazy stuff.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true gents its tough to go youth especially in net when you're always in the playoffs...haha! In any case guys like Bernier and Schneider were talked about and I believe that both of those young goalies will do well. I'd also like to think that they could have been had. Heck even Quick was rumored for a while and some guys kept saying he was shit....crazy stuff.

That was anderwho's biggest stick. I wish he were here to try and talk shit on quick now. I wanted quick bad a couple years ago.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was anderwho's biggest stick. I wish he were here to try and talk shit on quick now. I wanted quick bad a couple years ago.

lol Now, let's not get silly here. You know damn well he'd deny or wouldn't admit to any wrong opinions or ideas. :)