• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Fan Mumbles and Grumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz will not get bought this year, Snider has already gone on record and said Bryz has not been the problem. Has he ever mislead the media, I don't think so. In all fairness to it hasn't been Bryz that's been the problem. His play did go down for a while, that was after the team sucked already, and coincidently then after Mason showed up he was really shaky for those 2 games after. How Mason got the start over Bryz against the Islanders is still baffling, Lavy is a fucking idiot when it comes to the goalies, he proved that with bringing in Leighton against Buffalo in the playoffs to make that 3 goalies in the series and exiling Bob.

Briere is the 1 who is gone and it was good to see him get a goal in his last home game. What good is he if you don't make the playoffs. I hope he gets picked up by a team that doesn't look like there gonna make the playoffs so Philly can get him back next year at the trade deadline. Briere is just too fucking $$$$$$$$$ in the playoffs. Bypass his regular season and get him when he is like gold in the playoffs.

Briere should be gone for his salary alone along with his defenseive play he's most likely gone and i dont know how snider could come out and say that bryz is not the problem i will post the numbers again maybe hell come on here and read them. Even if his play is not a problem (which we should all know by now it is) his 5 million dollar salary should be a huge problem when we could get any goalie in the league to have an .890 save percentage for 1.5 per year

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz will not get bought this year, Snider has already gone on record and said Bryz has not been the problem. Has he ever mislead the media, I don't think so. In all fairness to it hasn't been Bryz that's been the problem. His play did go down for a while, that was after the team sucked already, and coincidently then after Mason showed up he was really shaky for those 2 games after. How Mason got the start over Bryz against the Islanders is still baffling, Lavy is a fucking idiot when it comes to the goalies, he proved that with bringing in Leighton against Buffalo in the playoffs to make that 3 goalies in the series and exiling Bob.

Briere is the 1 who is gone and it was good to see him get a goal in his last home game. What good is he if you don't make the playoffs. I hope he gets picked up by a team that doesn't look like there gonna make the playoffs so Philly can get him back next year at the trade deadline. Briere is just too fucking $$$$$$$$$ in the playoffs. Bypass his regular season and get him when he is like gold in the playoffs.

to the bold.. at this point in the season they're just getting guys playing time.. we've seen what bryz is up to this season (still not 5 mil caliber goaltending), why not give mason some reps?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up boys happy Monday! i hope everyone went to chrch and prayed for the number one pick tonight.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lavy's returning. The GM said so, after the season was over, so I guess I can believe him. Flyers Notes: Laviolette will be back as Flyers coach, Holmgren says

I like this coach a lot, but I think he "lost" the team in the 2nd round of the playoffs last year, and certainly didn't get them back this year. Yikes.

i dont think its a case of 'losing' the team.. but they weren't playing the proper style early in the season.. look at what happened when the rest of the defense got hurt and they focused a little more on defending rather than pushing the attack to hard..

they ended the season winning 6 outta 7, and 6 of the 7 were playoff teams. the team doesn't suck, they were just playing a stupid style of hockey for what they had. i really hope lavy noticed what happened when he was a little more conservative.

Slayer31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to be the knock against Lavy; not adjusting the teams' style.

Seems to me we've had several coaches with that apparent issue.

Watching the series against the Devils last year was extremely frustrating; they didn't seem to make any adjustments to their game at all. I can appreciate that changing your style that late in the year would be extremely difficult, but if you're getting soundly beaten every game, it seems to me that you have no choice but to try. Simply saying "we need to play harder" doesn't really cut it for me.

Reminded me a bit of when Lindros and company played the Wings for the cup, and were completely shut down. Seems to me that by game 3 the coaching staff would realize they need to come up with some new and strikingly different strategies. Perhaps they did, and it just wasn't apparent?... In any event, they failed to adjust in any meaningful way.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to be the knock against Lavy; not adjusting the teams' style.

Seems to me we've had several coaches with that apparent issue.

Watching the series against the Devils last year was extremely frustrating; they didn't seem to make any adjustments to their game at all. I can appreciate that changing your style that late in the year would be extremely difficult, but if you're getting soundly beaten every game, it seems to me that you have no choice but to try. Simply saying "we need to play harder" doesn't really cut it for me.

Reminded me a bit of when Lindros and company played the Wings for the cup, and were completely shut down. Seems to me that by game 3 the coaching staff would realize they need to come up with some new and strikingly different strategies. Perhaps they did, and it just wasn't apparent?... In any event, they failed to adjust in any meaningful way.

If we are losing early in the season with that same style i think he may not last until the all star break and this is coming from a Lavi supporter

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey boys. Any chance Homer offer sheets the Blues for one of their dmen? Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, or JBO?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey boys. Any chance Homer offer sheets the Blues for one of their dmen? Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, or JBO?

Jay Bo is a UFA next year, and can't be offer sheeted.

There will certainly be rumors this summer about Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk, but it won't happen or work.

Panaccio is talking out his ass.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There will certainly be rumors this summer about Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk, but it won't happen or work.

Lol. I can dream at least.:lol:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only thing missing in this post if the month hopeful is a strong hatred for Jaybo! :thumb:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Colorado will get Jones, huh? And we get the crappy 11th pick. Yay! lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Colorado will get Jones, huh? And we get the crappy 11th pick. Yay! lol

meh, at least nobody jumped ahead of the flyers.. and florida probably doesn't care, they just need a lot help, and they'll get that with mackinnon (or drouin).. plus jones is from denver, so that's kind of fun for him

the flyers will still have thier pick from a very good group of players

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, at least nobody jumped ahead of the flyers.. and florida probably doesn't care, they just need a lot help, and they'll get that with mackinnon (or drouin).. plus jones is from denver, so that's kind of fun for him

the flyers will still have thier pick from a very good group of players

Do you think it's possible Nurse will be there for our 11th pick? I doubt it, but have the Flyers been known to move up in past drafts? The only one that comes to mind was the Lindros draft.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think it's possible Nurse will be there for our 11th pick? I doubt it, but have the Flyers been known to move up in past drafts? The only one that comes to mind was the Lindros draft.

there's quite a few mocks that have nurse lasting to the flyers at 11, but i think they're trying to force him in to that spot because he's mcnabb's nephew and that's easy to write about

as far as trading up, i cant think of any times they actually moved up.. they actually traded for lindros, not the pick to select him.. the nordiques selected lindros, the flyers selected forseberg, then the trade happened.

in general, there doesn't seem to be nearly as much movement in the NHL draft as there is in the NFL draft.. there's a lot of trades and stuff, but it's mostly picks for players, rather than moving around in the draft

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting here watching Minnesota-Chicago, I just am getting the feeling that we're going to trade Couturier this offseason.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sitting here watching Minnesota-Chicago, I just am getting the feeling that we're going to trade Couturier this offseason.

I really, really hope not. Unless its for Weber or someone similar, Couturier should never leave this team. I'm tired of this team constantly being impatient. Let's just develop the young core we have once and for all. Works wonders for teams like Chicago, LA and Boston.

If they trade for a top defensemen, I'd much rather give up Schenn. Players like Schenn are much easier to find/draft/acquire than players like Couturier. I know he had a down year, but I think Couturier has the highest potential of any player on this team. Aside from G and Voracek, Couturier will probably turn into the 3rd best forward on this team, maybe even more. Just my opinion though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, really hope not. Unless its for Weber or someone similar, Couturier should never leave this team. I'm tired of this team constantly being impatient. Let's just develop the young core we have once and for all. Works wonders for teams like Chicago, LA and Boston.

If they trade for a top defensemen, I'd much rather give up Schenn. Players like Schenn are much easier to find/draft/acquire than players like Couturier. I know he had a down year, but I think Couturier has the highest potential of any player on this team. Aside from G and Voracek, Couturier will probably turn into the 3rd best forward on this team, maybe even more. Just my opinion though.

:agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.