• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Fan Mumbles and Grumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you boys have a clip of this hit? I missed it. I got to see the 2nd and 3rd period.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Las. There are rumors that the Rams may take the Eagles 4th pick and move up to get one of the OT. The Rams have 2 1st rounders this year. Eagles are looking for a partner to move down. Also, the Birds are possibly looking at Austin as well. Nobody knows? I know that I'm going to make some homemade Stromboli and plenty of beer tomorrow night.

minus this
no need to take up any space intended for beer.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well,I see that the boys can still be a huge spoiler to Isles placement and hopefully the Sens on Saturday.

I think we're in for one hell of an off season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice way to dodge the question Bryzy. I get the feeling he wants out.

of course he wants out.. the philly media has trashed him at every turn for the past 18 months.. strictly hockey speaking, i'm fine either way (buy out / keep).. but the story is just old and annoying.. buy him out and get on with it, but please sign or trade for someone to compete w/ mason

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course he wants out.. the philly media has trashed him at every turn for the past 18 months.. strictly hockey speaking, i'm fine either way (buy out / keep).. but the story is just old and annoying.. buy him out and get on with it, but please sign or trade for someone to compete w/ mason

And this offseason will determine just that. Homer will check around and if there is a player he likes, he will probably buyout Bryzy. One thing for certain, Briere is done. That will free up a good chunk of cap space.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this offseason will determine just that. Homer will check around and if there is a player he likes, he will probably buyout Bryzy. One thing for certain, Briere is done. That will free up a good chunk of cap space.

If we are still paying our back up goalie 5 million per i will be very suprised.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the Philadelphia Flyers buy out goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov?

Dreger: Pierre LeBrun spoke with Flyers GM Paul Holmgren and was informed that Bryzgalov wouldn't be bought out this off-season. There is a rift between coach Peter Laviolette and Bryzgalov, but there doesn't appear to be a coaching change so it's up to both men to work out their issues.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the Philadelphia Flyers buy out goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov?

Dreger: Pierre LeBrun spoke with Flyers GM Paul Holmgren and was informed that Bryzgalov wouldn't be bought out this off-season. There is a rift between coach Peter Laviolette and Bryzgalov, but there doesn't appear to be a coaching change so it's up to both men to work out their issues.

there's a rift between bryz and everyone else other than homer apparently.. i still think if they can find a suitable competitor for mason, they'll buy bryz out

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's a rift between bryz and everyone else other than homer apparently.. i still think if they can find a suitable competitor for mason, they'll buy bryz out

I wish Gee would go to homer and say its easier for our offense to get on the attack without Bryz in the net.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Gee would go to homer and say its easier for our offense to get on the attack without Bryz in the net.

he's gotta be able to see that though right?

Slayer31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not if Homer is planning on keeping him

Of course, we can certainly believe everything Homer says to the media, because he's never misled them (or us) before. :laugh3:

I actually don't mind if he lies to the media (and us, indirectly), if it helps him get even a slight competitive advantage.

For example, in this particular case, if another team is thinking they'll pick up Bryz this summer, trade free, perphaps this would help initiate a phone call and potential trade. Ookay, I did say slight advantage, perhaps even improbable... ...but god knows there's ALWAYS a GM out there who thinks they can turn around someone's game that's gone in the tank. Homer and Mason come to mind :)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, we can certainly believe everything Homer says to the media, because he's never misled them (or us) before. :laugh3:

I actually don't mind if he lies to the media (and us, indirectly), if it helps him get even a slight competitive advantage.

For example, in this particular case, if another team is thinking they'll pick up Bryz this summer, trade free, perphaps this would help initiate a phone call and potential trade. Ookay, I did say slight advantage, perhaps even improbable... ...but god knows there's ALWAYS a GM out there who thinks they can turn around someone's game that's gone in the tank. Homer and Mason come to mind :)

Slayer I hope this is absolutly true PLEASE! mason has showed some pretty good skill in his short time here which will warrant playing time next year. We cant pay a goalie 5 million to split the season. But i really dont see anyone out there desperate enough to take a chance on trading for Bryz and that contract so if Homer is saying this with a wink i think he is only fooling himself or maybe just being politically correct.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bryz will not get bought this year, Snider has already gone on record and said Bryz has not been the problem. Has he ever mislead the media, I don't think so. In all fairness to it hasn't been Bryz that's been the problem. His play did go down for a while, that was after the team sucked already, and coincidently then after Mason showed up he was really shaky for those 2 games after. How Mason got the start over Bryz against the Islanders is still baffling, Lavy is a fucking idiot when it comes to the goalies, he proved that with bringing in Leighton against Buffalo in the playoffs to make that 3 goalies in the series and exiling Bob.

Briere is the 1 who is gone and it was good to see him get a goal in his last home game. What good is he if you don't make the playoffs. I hope he gets picked up by a team that doesn't look like there gonna make the playoffs so Philly can get him back next year at the trade deadline. Briere is just too fucking $$$$$$$$$ in the playoffs. Bypass his regular season and get him when he is like gold in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.