• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Fan Mumbles and Grumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree on both accounts.. homer has been in some hot water lately, but i still like what he's done w/ the team

bishop, mcbain, and kulikov are the only 3 names that really interest me right now.. wouldn't give up more than a 2nd and gus or noebels for any of them though

Do you think if we get Bishop Bryz never see the ice again?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think if we get Bishop Bryz never see the ice again?

I'm torn if they go goalie they won't snag a much needed dman. But if you go dman then they may have to stick with Bryz. I haven't given up on him yet I'd like to see him play with a decent D in front of him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn if they go goalie they won't snag a much needed dman. But if you go dman then they may have to stick with Bryz. I haven't given up on him yet I'd like to see him play with a decent D in front of him.

FFF i really think that Bryz makes our D look bad not the other way around. He is the worst puck handler ever. We spend an extra 5 minutes per game in our zone because he has no idea how to play the puck. It would be good if we could get a solid Dman and a new goalie today and maybe have a shot for the playoffs.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think bryz and the D both get hung out to dry because the forwards attack too much and the D tries to attack too much.. i really think GAA-wise, they'd be pretty damn good if they played a more defensive game.. i mean, grossmann and schenn have both been near the top in blocked shots all season, plus timonen who is always up there, and coburn who has a bunch too.. they get exposed when they try to break out.. they turn it over, and boom, odd-man rush.

i love lavy, and i love the way he wants to play, but the flyers are not constructed properly, mostly on the backend, to play like that.

that all being said, bryz is a very leaky goalie. he squares up well to the shooter, but if he cant see it, or it changes direction even slightly, it's going to be a goal. he's too far back in his net and there are holes under his arms and between his legs.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think bryz and the D both get hung out to dry because the forwards attack too much and the D tries to attack too much.. i really think GAA-wise, they'd be pretty damn good if they played a more defensive game.. i mean, grossmann and schenn have both been near the top in blocked shots all season, plus timonen who is always up there, and coburn who has a bunch too.. they get exposed when they try to break out.. they turn it over, and boom, odd-man rush.

i love lavy, and i love the way he wants to play, but the flyers are not constructed properly, mostly on the backend, to play like that.

that all being said, bryz is a very leaky goalie. he squares up well to the shooter, but if he cant see it, or it changes direction even slightly, it's going to be a goal. he's too far back in his net and there are holes under his arms and between his legs.

Lets just say i'm praying to get Bishop or someone like that today.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just say i'm praying to get Bishop or someone like that today.

while i agree bishop would be a good addition, i really wouldn't give up much for him.. i posted somewhere the list of goalies that will be UFA this year, and it's a pretty good list.. plus you gotta look watch the luongo situation, if he doesn't get traded today or at the draft, he very well may be bought out in the summer

there's just a surplus of goalies in the NHL right now, no sense giving up a lot to get them.. surplus, plus the increasing appearances of flash-in-the-pan goalies have ridiculous seasons (halak, elliot, bob?, niemi, s. mason, quick?)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while i agree bishop would be a good addition, i really wouldn't give up much for him.. i posted somewhere the list of goalies that will be UFA this year, and it's a pretty good list.. plus you gotta look watch the luongo situation, if he doesn't get traded today or at the draft, he very well may be bought out in the summer

there's just a surplus of goalies in the NHL right now, no sense giving up a lot to get them.. surplus, plus the increasing appearances of flash-in-the-pan goalies have ridiculous seasons (halak, elliot, bob?, niemi, s. mason, quick?)

With the way Bryz has played we would be pretty much be giving up this season and im not ready to do that. Im not saying give up laughton for bishop but i would give up a guy like Gust or another minor leaguer to get him.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Bryz has played we would be pretty much be giving up this season and im not ready to do that. Im not saying give up laughton for bishop but i would give up a guy like Gust or another minor leaguer to get him.

I think they want more than that. I think they want at least a second as well as prospects.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they move bishop i think they'll get at least a second.. gust is kind of a throw-in type guy now, a 2nd round pick has more value than him i think

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an article from the Inquirer that I find interesting. The next few games will tell us Bryz's fate in Philly IMO.

Blogs - philly.com

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Miller will be traded in offseason. Would anyone trade to get Miller? He will be expensive for sure, but I think he can be the backstop we desperately need.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Miller will be traded in offseason. Would anyone trade to get Miller? He will be expensive for sure, but I think he can be the backstop we desperately need.

Depends for who maybe a defenseman included

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. They're not going quietly in to the night...

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So should I cheer at the game tomorrow? Or hope they lose?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damnit, Flyers, you can't even tank right this season. Oh well, guess I have to root FOR them again instead of AGAINST.

(We probably need to end the season 10-2-0 to make the playoffs. Just sayin').

Status
Not open for further replies.