• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida AD Says They Would Schedule UCF "In The Right Situation"

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they can. You just want to give out participation trophies for teams that intentionally schedule garbage so that they can inflate their record. Baylor was left out of the playoffs for doing the same thing. UCF is not special.

I'm not asking for anyone to give them a trophy. I'm simply saying the majority of football fans wanted them to have a shot ad proving weather or not this team was good enough this year or last to play in a playoff. We will never know.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not asking for anyone to give them a trophy. I'm simply saying the majority of football fans wanted them to have a shot ad proving weather or not this team was good enough this year or last to play in a playoff. We will never know.
Because a majority of them are dumb and do not realize that they have one of the easiest schedules in the college football and are allowing last year to bias them for this season.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More excuses. UCF has 4 OOC games. There is a reason for that. Even if they did a pair of 2 for 1 deals that ran over the same 3 year span, they would have 2 other games to schedule whoever they wanted at home in the two years and they would have 2 home games in the other year. UCF literally has enough flexibility to do whatever they want...and they choose to pretend that no one will play them and North Carolina is the best they can do. Even in 2020, two years out, they already have 5 home games and 2 slots left on their schedule. Even in the SEC there are teams with open 2020 dates. They need to get it done of quit bitching.

Like I said. Going forward, if they don't fill those games with top P5 teams then they have nothing to complain about. My complaint was mainly about this season and last season.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then force the committee to say that.

Not even trying makes it way too easy to discount UCF

Going forward if they quit trying then I'm with you on UCF. My complaint was mainly about this season and last season.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not about what other teams OOC is, its about what UCF needs.

OOC against Florida, Alabama and Michigan likely gets UCF in the playoffs this year, and certainly would just about every other year.

No one can get that kind of OOC schedule. That's why I challenged someone to find a tough OOC schedule that would get UCF in. There isn't one.

You are basically asking for the impossible. No one in college football schedules like that.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF can get 6 home games a year even by taking 3 2 for 1 games a year.

Then show me a schedule from this year that would have got UCF in the playoff. Not a fictional schedule. A real schedule that a team played.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they can, but none of them do (this year)

It's never going to happen. Mark my words, no G5 team will ever get into the playoff no matter what strength of OOC they play. It's just another excuse you and the committee will use to keep them out.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. Going forward, if they don't fill those games with top P5 teams then they have nothing to complain about. My complaint was mainly about this season and last season.

How are those two seasons any different, if anything, their schedule was worse. Are we supposed to feel sorry for them that they were good but forgot to schedule anyone decent to prove it.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are those two seasons any different, if anything, their schedule was worse. Are we supposed to feel sorry for them that they were good but forgot to schedule anyone decent to prove it.

1. The majority of football fans believed they deserved a shot.

2. They beat the team that beat the eventual champion.

3. They went undefeated.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're the type that finishes college and starts a job with a company and on the first day tells everybody that they should have their boss's job...their boss who is 30 years older and who knows what he's doing and has various certifications while they are of course, clueless college kids.

cool-story-bro-needs-more-dragons_o_1234642.jpg

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno St last year could have gone undefeated and made the playoffs. They played a schedule tough enough to do so.

But they didn't go undefeated. They lost to Alabama, Washington(OOC) and beat Boise St in the regular season, but lost to them in the conference championship game.

There are G5 teams that play the tougher schedules and somehow they manage to schedule them(they take the games offered to them, odd), but for some reason whenever a team goes undefeated these types of schedules are claimed impossible.

Bullshit and you know it.