• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flopping pitchers

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the best team in National League history.

Joel_Youngblood_1977_topps.JPG

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Young blood....Jack of all trades, master of none. He played every position during his career except for pitcher.

He only played 1 inning behind the plate. Sparky had PH for Bench and Plummer got ejected for arguing balls and strikes. Enter Joel who volunteered to catch without ever mentioning to Sparky that he had never played the position before. The guy had a can do attitude even if he couldn't.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't forget chief bender. seriously 1507, i was just parlaying the ridicularity. i thought the machete joke would be the tip-off. maybe batista, the mafia, and american corporations would have been better for the people of cuba. that's a continuation of the ridicularity thing. really though, i only have words on a screen to go by, and i would not cast an aspersion on you like that. you would probably appreciate my heritage too. first stepped foot in the province of maryland as a prisoner of war in 1651. bloody sarked killers. good at it too. maybe that's why i like machetes.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ancients landed in New Amsterdam from Holland just about the time their entrepreneurial brothers conned the tribes out of Staten Island for 24 bucks and 4 box seats to a Marlins game. From there, we moved into New Jersey and finally landed in an area that is loosely defined as "Reds country."

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your people were probably acquainted with peter stuyvesant or peter minuit. the mythical $24 was actually for manhattan. old minuit got the big apple for a load of cloth, beads, hatchets, and other odds and ends then worth 60 dutch guilders. not to mention ol' jonas bronck who owned the land yankee stadium II is on. anyway, your folks had good reason to dislike the british as well.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it was Manhattan, now that I recall my history. I think my family came the N.J. before the name change to New York but to be honest, I am lucky if I can find my mother's tombstone, let alone track anybody back to the 17th century.