• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flacco signed. Highest paid QB ever

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 years $120 mill 5 years salary guaranteed last year a team option per ESPN

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is $100 mill guaranteed

Damn they over paid out the ass. He must have had some video and photo of the owner and gm

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He must have had some video and photo of the owner and gm

He does. It was video and photo of them holding the Lombardi Trophy.

Crazy though how a few bounces or inches can change everything. If Rice doesn't get that miracle 4th and 29, or if they don't complete that miracle 70 yard bomb, Flacco gets 10s of millions less.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Crazy though how a few bounces or inches can change everything. If Rice doesn't get that miracle 4th and 29, or if they don't complete that miracle 70 yard bomb, Flacco gets 10s of millions less.

Haha. Nice. Painful, but nice.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goodell has a cut of it, though. We've figured out wartyOne's theory of the motivation to have Ray Lewis win to be wrong. GOodell thought that Kaep can't get his extension until next year but this is the best time to get Flacco a win and cash in on the guise of five good playoff years, a declaration of being the best, a good run this year, a Super Bowl, and a Super Bowl MVP (when Jacoby Jones could have won). The good news though is that the Niners should win this year and if Kaep is as accommodating (cost of doing business in the NFL) he will win this year if he gives Goodell a cut. Good news for him though, he doesn't have to give as much to get it, he has some leverage besides Goodell having the refs, Imean, he almost won this one against the refs.

Before any of our friends that don't know me but in, I AM ONLY JOKING.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those numbers are correct the per is less than $1M in favor of Flacco. P Manning has nothing to complain about.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Goodell has a cut of it

I think you finally nailed it. You could probably figure they worked out a deal where Goodell gets half of all extra money Flacco got for the SB win, which might be about $40 million over the contract. Probably have to assume a million per referee as well though, and a lot of payouts for various media to play along. Still a good deal for all involved.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers,Brady,Manning and a few others might be thinking renegotiations right now.

Brady already did and did for little money but high publicity (I hear they've already started a fund raiser to make ends meet, his wife is getting a second job, and Tom is working a summer job).

Seriously though, that's one reason besides being opportunistic, securing his job, and greed was the fact that while he'll be highest paid now, that'll change when the next big QB is resigned. I wonder how receivers and important olinemen think of all their work going to the QB and then the borderline starters getting cut for cheaper backups due to poor cap space...

I don't like the principle that every big QB getting the highest ever. I think they could have franchised, waited, resigned... Did they really believe the Browns were going to steal him? Did they also not feel their was a QB left in free agency to go for if Flacco left? Just like the Niners could afford to offer lower amounts for players with familiarity who start here for a better opportunity, Flacco would have resigned there if the monetary ball park was the same or higher. If it is for the media and locker room that they signed him for so much so quickly, they got seriously pressured. I think if they think he is worth that or the best fine, but don't jump the gun without looking at Flacco's alternatives, your alternatives (nobody, especially with Alex not being available for a bridge or starter), and who gives a flying fuck about the media. Hopefully they have some good terms for them in the contract.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a team player...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
6 years $120 mill 5 years salary guaranteed last year a team option per ESPN

if he plays this out at a 'high' level, that isn't so bad.....IF high? he's what....28 now, and should fulfill 6 years.

ok, there is the injury possibility.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good, now they can turn into another mediocre team with a high paid QB.
Like the Colts when Peyton was there, or what the Saints are turning into (outside of Brees, Graham and Sproles they are very average talent wise).

Some day we will have to pay pretty good for Kaep too though.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good, now they can turn into another mediocre team with a high paid QB.
Like the Colts when Peyton was there, or what the Saints are turning into (outside of Brees, Graham and Sproles they are very average talent wise).

Some day we will have to pay pretty good for Kaep too though.

yep, thats the nature of the beast.

if Kap had been the starter all of last year, wouldn't his agent been pushing for it now? granted he'd have to threaten to hold out, and it doesn't seem to be his 'style'?

think Baalke can still play the "lets see more consistency" card? weak i know, but thats what you reach for when negotiating mega deals.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, thats the nature of the beast.

if Kap had been the starter all of last year, wouldn't his agent been pushing for it now? granted he'd have to threaten to hold out, and it doesn't seem to be his 'style'?

think Baalke can still play the "lets see more consistency" card? weak i know, but thats what you reach for when negotiating mega deals.

Isn't Kap under the new CBA and rookie contracts can't be renegotiated for 3 or 4 years. Or am I mistaken?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is crazy, I hope this isn't the new standard especially with us having to re-sign Kaep some day.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we win the Superbowl next year does Kap get 100 million? Would he want 100 million knowing we won't be able to pay Crabs, Iputai, Davis, and probably Aldon? This shit is cray!